table requests

brian153

My wife and I will be sailing on the Noordam out of NYC on 4/5/06. As it turns out a friend of ours will be as well. How, when, and who do I make a request so we can be seated together. We have requested early seating and a table for 4 as have the other couple. Should we wait until we get on board? Thanks for the help in advance.

No, don't wait until you baord. This can be taken care of very easily now. No need to wait until it's a bit more difficult for everyone.

Just exchange booking #'s with each other and have your booking number and your friends' booking number crossed referenced (via both TA's) to HAL. It's simple, and done all the time.

I knew someone would know! This board is amazing. Is this something we both should do or can just one of us do it with both booking numbers? I actually used her TA when because she raved about them.

longtimecruiser and I did it a year ago; we each had our own TA. I gave my TA her booking #; she gave her TA mine. Each TA notified HAL to link the reservations for dinner.

We have done the same thing for the CC Voyage of the Spammed. This time it's the same TA, as it is a group cruise. He has the booking #'s linked with HAL for the dinner reservation.

If you and your friends have the same TA you should both let the TA know you want the reservation linked. That way he can be sure that dining together is what you both want.

Someone linked their reservation to longtimecruiser's (and consequently mine) last year without our knowledge. That's why I advise that the TA should hear from both parties.

Good luck on this! Maybe HAL is better than RCCL. We cruised with them in May and thought we had ahead of time got everything set for us and three other couples from the Cruise Critic board to be at the same table. We supplied booking numbers to our TA and she "supposedly" took care of it. BUT we got on board and discovered all four couples were at different tables. My advice is to just check as quickly as possible after you're on board so you can go get it taken care of. That's what we did and it all worked out. It was just frustrating after what we thought was careful planning.

A few years ago we sailed with another couple. Our TA had both our booking number and the other couple's booking number (we hadn't used the same TA as we live in different cities) and she faxed HAL. At the same time our friends gave all the same information to their TA who also faxed HAL.

No problem - we were seated at the same table. This was done about 60 days before cruise.

If you wait until you are on the ship, it will be too late as there is little chance of the maitre d' being ablt to move a few people just to get the four of you seated together.

Along the same lines, does anyone know if my Dh and I can request a table for 2 in advance? We already have our docs and we are assigned early seating which we requested. We also requested (through our TA) a table for 2, but there is nothing specified on the docs.

You docs will only show your dining time. They do not indicate table number. Your TA definitely can request a table for two and should do so immediately. The Maitre d's on the ships do the seating assignments the last few days of the prior cruise. Your TA should submit your request to Seattle now.

Have a great cruise.

Good luck on this! Maybe HAL is better than RCCL. We cruised with them in May and thought we had ahead of time got everything set for us and three other couples from the Cruise Critic board to be at the same table. We supplied booking numbers to our TA and she "supposedly" took care of it. BUT we got on board and discovered all four couples were at different tables. My advice is to just check as quickly as possible after you're on board so you can go get it taken care of. That's what we did and it all worked out. It was just frustrating after what we thought was careful planning.

HAL is very good about honoring these sorts of requests when they are properly submitted. RCI will point the finger at TA as having failed in their duties and TA will point to RCI.

IF both of your TA's have each confirmation number linked with the other and IF they specifically request you be assigned to the same table, it (almost) always happens on HAL.

We have never had a problem sitting with people we traveled with.

We are cruising next August with dear friends of ours and at the time of our booking, the TA linked our reservations and our dining requests. As the time gets closer, we shall have TA confirm the request.

If this is done, you should not have a problem.

Have a great cruise.

You docs will only show your dining time. They do not indicate table number. Your TA definitely can request a table for two and should do so immediately. The Maitre d's on the ships do the seating assignments the last few days of the prior cruise. Your TA should submit your request to Seattle now.

Have a great cruise.

Thanks, Sail. I'll get on that right away!!!

If you wait until you are on the ship, it will be too late as there is little chance of the maitre d' being ablt to move a few people just to get the four of you seated together.

That was certainly not the case for us. The matre 'd managed to move things around enough that we got a table for 8. So if that's possible, a table for 4 would be even easier. Don't misunderstand me, I'm not saying wait until you're on ship to do this. Just double check once you're on to be sure the TA and HAL did what you asked. Otherwise you could be in for a surprise. Especially when the bookings have come from different TA's as ours had. Better safe than sorry!

Great news that TA did their job!!!!

Hopefully, you will be assigned to a table for two. Good luck. Odds are very high in your favor.

Have a great cruise.

Thanks...and thanks for the advice. Hope you're right about the odds.

Archived