Cruise Parking

sunnyduny

Cruising on Getaway in January from Port of Miami. Can anyone recommend a good place to park our car whilst away on our cruise preferably with a shuttle service. Thanks

If you don't mind the expense for the convenience, we prefer the Miami port garage (if no longer than 7 days). I believe it is $20 a day still. However, it is right there, an easy walk across to the terminal and no waiting or delay when leaving at end of cruise. It has a reputation as being safe and secure.

We have used Port of Miami Cruise Parking twice and they are super affordable. I think it's something like $6.50 a day but don't quote me. They also have a shuttle ( or will call a taxi) that will take you to the port for a small fee. It's a little way away so I wouldn't plan on walking. We spoke to a couple that did it one time and they said never again. Haha. It looks a little "shady" when you get there but we have never had any issues. And the website isn't very user friendly. I would recommend just calling.

http://www.portofmiamicruiseparking.com/about-us

We have used Port of Miami Cruise Parking twice and they are super affordable. I think it's something like $6.50 a day but don't quote me. They also have a shuttle ( or will call a taxi) that will take you to the port for a small fee. It's a little way away so I wouldn't plan on walking. We spoke to a couple that did it one time and they said never again. Haha. It looks a little "shady" when you get there but we have never had any issues. And the website isn't very user friendly. I would recommend just calling.

http://www.portofmiamicruiseparking.com/about-us

I've heard the same comments about that parking. Some like it some do not.

I've been using the parking garage at the Miami Cruise Terminal for years, and see no reason to change now. The convenience of having it right across the street from the luggage barn, is great if you want to pull up, or in my case have the porter take your luggage to your car or truck directly into the parking garage. For $20 dollars a day, its a bargain, IMHO. ;)

Sorry, $20 a day to park is ridiculous. We never park at the terminal. It is easy to find hotels that provide free parking. Sometimes they add a very modest charge.

What if you are on a 28 day cruise with 5 days pre cruise in Europe. That is $20 X 33 days = $660.

We used the

Holiday Inn

MIAMI-INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

1111 SOUTH ROYAL POINCIANA BLVD

MIAMI SPRINGS FL 33166

Front Desk: 1-305-8851941

There is a shuttle that is free from the airport. Another shuttle goes to the port for $10.

You can take a taxi for $27.

First 14 days parking was free. Each additional day $5. When we stayed there, the desk clerk didn't even charge us the fess for the extra days.

The hotel is newly refurbished and the parking is right in front of the hotel in a well lit area with security.

For those of you not staying in a hotel around the Miami area:

If you use off port parking, I really would warn against using a company called Port of Miami Cruise Parking on NE 7th Street or Premier Parking on NW 7th Ave.

Both have lengthy history of cars broken into, being moved without permission and lax security. Sure, they charge $6.50 a day but how much is your car worth to you? Premier Parking isn't much better. Jus' sayin'. We park in the Port of Miami garage mainly for the convenience. We figure that if we can pay thousands of dollars for a cruise, we can pay $140 to park our car for 7 days.

It costs more to board our dogs than that. Peace of mind has no price tag.

Edited by Diver2014

If you use off port parking, I really would warn against using a company called Port of Miami Cruise Parking on NE 7th Street or Premier Parking on NW 7th Ave.

Both have lengthy history of cars broken into, being moved without permission and lax security. Sure, they charge $6.50 a day but how much is your car worth to you? Premier Parking isn't much better. Jus' sayin'. We park in the Port of Miami garage mainly for the convenience. We figure that if we can pay thousands of dollars for a cruise, we can pay $140 to park our car for 7 days.

I paid less than $140 for my hotel room than you did for parking for a week.

Sorry, $20 a day to park is ridiculous. We never park at the terminal. It is easy to find hotels that provide free parking. Sometimes they add a very modest charge.

What if you are on a 28 day cruise with 5 days pre cruise in Europe. That is $20 X 33 days = $660.

We used the

Holiday Inn

MIAMI-INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

1111 SOUTH ROYAL POINCIANA BLVD

MIAMI SPRINGS FL 33166

Front Desk: 1-305-8851941

There is a shuttle that is free from the airport. Another shuttle goes to the port for $10.

You can take a taxi for $27.

First 14 days parking was free. Each additional day $5. When we stayed there, the desk clerk didn't even charge us the fess for the extra days.

The hotel is newly refurbished and the parking is right in front of the hotel in a well lit area with security.

With all due respect ... If you are on a 33 day cruise in Europe, then you should be looking at other options.

I paid less than $140 for my hotel room than you did for parking for a week.

So what's your point? My post was intended for those who are driving to the port and leaving their cars.

I live in Miami so I don't pay anything for hotel rooms.

Many hotels do allow cruise passengers to leave their cars in their lots if they are hotel guests.

I don't know of any 28 day or 33 day cruises from Miami. Totally irrelevant.

Edited by Diver2014

First time we parked outside of the Miami Port Garage, our car was struck by lightening. The expense was greater than if we'd parked in the garage. We thought going cheap would be great! We now park in the garage--way cheaper! Also, I trust their security.

You take your keys at Port of Miami Cruise Parking so I'm not sure about it being moved. We have had no problems but that's not saying it can't happen. We always hide everything. We leave nothing that can be seen or tempting. Not even a dime. So far so good.

So what's your point? My post was intended for those who are driving to the port and leaving their cars.

I live in Miami so I don't pay anything for hotel rooms.

Many hotels do allow cruise passengers to leave their cars in their lots if they are hotel guests.

I don't know of any 28 day or 33 day cruises from Miami. Totally irrelevant.

For $140 for seven days, even if you live locally, you could still stay in a hotel for less. This is especially true if you cruise for more than seven days.

We have been using the port. After looking into other options we like the convenience of the Port of Miami. Also two years ago after our cruise the car battery was dead. Security was handy to jump it. So that was a relief not to have to search for help.