all dining times wait listed?

I booked a cruise about a month ago for the Pride leaving next Sunday. When I booked I was told that all dining times were wait listed. I put us on the anytime list. My booking still says wait listed. What does this mean when all dining times have a wait list? When do you usually find out if you got what you wanted?

I have no definite answer for you, but I would recommend calling carnival every few days to ask them. Can't hurt, might help.

I imagine the latest you would find out is when you get your sail and sign card. If you don't like what you get, you could go to the matre de upon boarding and ask for a change.

Because they have to be able to guarantee the top tier cruisers (is it diamond?)their choice of dining times. So they have to keep a certain # of slots available in each for them which they will list as waitlisted. I believe I read that while anythings possible, more often you will get assigned early when this happens.

You might try emailing the Maitre'd early in the week before your cruise with your request ... they don't normally answer but just make the assignment if possible. Then check with the Maitre'd when you board if what you wanted is not on your Sail & Sign Card.

Carnival Maitred emails :

Its the two letter ship code (see below) then maitred@carnival.com

Maitre d' - xxmaitred@carnival.com

BR Breeze

CQ Conquest

DR Dream

EC Ecstacy

EL Elation

FA Fantasy

FD Freedom

FS Fascination

GL Glory

IM Imagination

IS Inspiration

LE Legend

LI Liberty

MC Magic

MI Miracle

PA Paradise

PR Pride

SE Sensation

SL Splendor

SP Spirit

SH Sunshine

TI Triumph

VA Valor

VI Victory

VS Vista

Our last cruise we were waitlisted for ATD. When we checked in, our S&S card had an 8:30 dining time. We went to the maitre d and he moved us to 6pm dining, as ATD was full. It took less than 5 minutes. That cruise is the only one we have ever been waitlisted for dining, but we booked it only 6-8 weeks out.

On the Valor we asked for early seating and were wait listed. We were assigned to anytime. We were not guaranteed our requested dining time even though we are platinum. Platinum only gets priority. We probably booked too late.

Once we boarded the ship I went to the main dining room to talk to the Maître d. I was told to go to the other main dining room. Then I was told I was on the wrong deck I needed to go up one. Next I was told to come back at 1:30.

I came back at 1:00 and waited as first in line. Once the Maître d arrived he old me the dining room or early seating was full and I would be placed at the top of the new wait list. He told me I would be notified the next day if there are any changes.

The next day we received a note in our cabin that we had be changed. The three of us sat at a table for nine with three other passengers. Three seats remained empty the entire cruise.

We also went to guest services to get new sail & sign cards that had out new table assignment on them.

We were not guaranteed our requested dining time even though we are platinum. Platinum only gets priority.

Only diamond gets guaranteed. Glad to hear it worked out for you.

Edited by skittl1321

Just booked Valor for next week's sailing. I saw the same all wait listed thing. I was joking Carnival would not feed us. But it really bothered my in-laws who are still new to cruise (it will be their 3rd cruise and 1st with Carnival).