*dissapointed* unable to choose the ultimate beverage package

MattandjenH

We are first-time cruisers and recently tried to change our amenity from the free Internet package to the ultimate beverage package and found that we would have to cancel our reservation and rebook at the current room rate. We would lose quite a bit of money doing that.

We're disappointed that NCL would not just allow us to change to another option, since they are both promotions being offered at this time. Does anyone know why this is a problem for us?

Thanks!

We booked our upcoming cruise about a year ago, prior to any of the current promotions. To take advantage of it we had to cancel and rebook at the current rate and the fares have increased quite a bit. It was still worth it though. Call again and see what they say though.

We are first-time cruisers and recently tried to change our amenity from the free Internet package to the ultimate beverage package and found that we would have to cancel our reservation and rebook at the current room rate. We would lose quite a bit of money doing that.

We're disappointed that NCL would not just allow us to change to another option, since they are both promotions being offered at this time. Does anyone know why this is a problem for us?

Thanks!

Since you booked under a previous promo, you would need to cancel and rebook in order to be eligible for a choice that's only under the current promo. They can't add it to your current booking. This is how it has always been. If it was available as a choice when you booked, you'd be able to switch to it, but it wasn't.

Edited by LrgPizza

Was UBP available as part of the promotion under which you booked? When I booked my upcoming cruise, the only thing available was a small OBC. Now, thee are a number of other options, but I would have to book under the current promotion which would raise my fare beyond what any of the options would be worth. To me, it makes sense that you could change from internet to UBP only if UBP was also available at the time you booked.

I just changed mine from the 75 dollars excursion to UBP a week ago and the cruise was booked in April. We had no problem what so ever.... We booked through an agent thought...

You can't have the cake and eat it too. Pricing of cruise varies based on many variables, promotions included being one of them. It is completely normal that if you want to change your previous promo to the currently available one, your pricing changes also because the current promo is only available at the current price. You will always need to calculate if the change is worth it or not - sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't.

Sorry to say this, but there is nothing to be dissappointed about except maybe the fact that since you are a first time cruiser, your expectations are unrealistic because you are still unfamiliar with how the cruise industry works.

Edited by Demonyte

Thanks!

If you can't change it, you can always buy the package on board

Since you booked under a previous promo, you would need to cancel and rebook in order to be eligible for a choice that's only under the current promo. They can't add it to your current booking. This is how it has always been. If it was available as a choice when you booked, you'd be able to switch to it, but it wasn't.

I was about to say the same thing: we have friends cruising with us in Oct. They booked in that very short period of time when the UBP was not part of the promo. They knew they couldn't change later on without cancelling and rebooking. They are just sticking with the promo choice they had. I think it is understandable why people can't just change if the original promo was different than the one offered now.

Edited by newmexicoNita

Thanks!

How much money would you lose? The package is i think 60 per day or 420 per person. For the two of you it would be 840 plus 18%gratuity.

Did the sailing go up that much, if only say 400 more you are still ahead if you rebook

I booked my October cruise on the Getaway in April. There was no "choose one of 4" promo at that time. I called back in May and they gladly added the UBP. I did not have to rebook. I used an outside agency though to book. One that keeps the price in line. If you catch my drift.

I booked my October cruise on the Getaway in April. There was no "choose one of 4" promo at that time. I called back in May and they gladly added the UBP. I did not have to rebook.

Just because the price doesn't change doesn't mean that the agency hasn't cancelled and rebooked your reservation.

I believe that it depends which month/promotion you booked under, whether you would have to cancel and rebook or not. For example, just last night, I changed my choice from the Ultimate Dining Package to the Ultimate Beverage Package for my cruise next May. I booked in March and both were options, so it was done without hassle.

I believe that it depends which month/promotion you booked under, whether you would have to cancel and rebook or not.

Yes it does, but that is clearly not the case with OP as they weren't able to do so.

They were able to do so. They didn't want to because the rates are much higher now.

We talked about whether they'd need to cancel and rebook or not, not if they chose to do so or not.

Edited by Demonyte

We talked about whether they'd need to cancel and rebook or not, not if they chose to do so or not.

Oh, gotcha. When you said they couldn't, I thought you meant they couldn't cancel and rebook, which they can. I got confused.