Miami the night before.

fireguy091

If you want to go out to nightclubs and stuff, probably Miami Beach/South Beach.

Otherwise Downtown Miami is great. It is not far from the airport when you arrive and close to the pier in the morning. All the hotels are close to Bayside Marketplace which has some chain type restaurants (Hard Rock, Chili's, etc) and there is a Walgreens nearby as well. Another bonus is that these hotels are much cheaper than those at the beach (especially on Priceline).

The only thing you have to be careful with in this area is that it is not really safe to wander around at night.

We stayed at the Courtyard Mariott before the cruise and the Hyatt after. The room was great at the Hyatt but overall we prefered the Courtyard hotel more (restaurant, lobby, etc.)

Hope this helps,

Dear Fireguy,

Stayed at the Intercontinental Chopin Plaza Miami prior to Navigator cruise. Great location. It was within walking distance to Bayside along a nice promenade. Very safe. Intercontinental was great. It can be pricey but worth it. Other posters say you can get it on priceline cheaper than what we paid. We were on the Concierge Level so we did not have to buy breakfast or drinks at cocktail hour. The hotel is clean, staff accomodating and pool area very nice. You have to decide what type of place you want to stay in. The Holiday Inn Port of Miami is across the street from Bayside so check that out. I think it's just a typical HI-no surpirse.

Have a great trip on NOS-we did. No complaints even from my husband who hated our first cruise 2 years ago.

Hi Fireguy, We have just got back from NOS, our first cruise. It was a wonderful trip and you will love the ship. We stayed at the Intercontinental like Tommy's Mommy. Agree, it was a lovely place to stay, near to everything and we felt safe walking around the night before our cruise. You can see the NOS when you come out of the hotel in the morning. Will always remember our first sight of it and how huge it looked. Wish you a great cruise.

Tessa

The Holiday Inn Port of Miami is across the street from Bayside so check that out. I think it's just a typical HI-no surpirse

We stayed here in April.

It was typical. But was fine for just the night before.

Clean room.

And we had a great view from our room of the ships coming in.

And having Bayside right across the street was great.

We met some other CC's at the Hard Rock for dinner.

Then stayed at one of the outdoor bars for awhile.

Very nice.

Then just a short cab ride to the pier.

Very convenient, but definitely not a luxury hotel.

Hello Fireguy!!! We stayed at the Holiday Inn across from Bayside Marketplace last year and it was just fine for a night pre-cruise. Bayside has a lot to keep you occupied with Hard Rock Cafe, Bubba Gump's Shrimp & Seafood, and several more eating/drinking establishments. Your wife can even get in a little pre-cruise shopping there. ;) Just walk out the hotel's front door and cross the street and you'll be in Bayside.

Drop by the `03 Serenade thread and say hello at the link below.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=79470

Ron

Ron, How ya doing buddy... :D . Sure miss you guys. Well Steve, Penny Sandy and I are planing another one. Taking another couple with use this time. We're looking for something fun to do in Miami the night before. So far what I have read sounds great.

Hey there is still plenty of time for you and the miss's to join us... :D

We stayed at the Biscayne Bay Marriott and did their pre-cruise package. We had a room with a view of the port, 2 cocktails the night before in the hotel bar, breakfast for 2 in the morning and a shuttle to the port. The next time we cruise out of Miami we'll be staying here again. I hope this helps and have a great cruise!

Ron, How ya doing buddy... :D . Sure miss you guys. Well Steve, Penny Sandy and I are planing another one. Taking another couple with use this time. We're looking for something fun to do in Miami the night before. So far what I have read sounds great.

Hey there is still plenty of time for you and the miss's to join us... :D

Ken, sounds like you've got a good one planned. We've booked another repo cruise for next Oct. on the Jewel of the Seas from Boston to Ft.Lauderdale. Have a few of the `03 Serenaders going, and looks to be great fun again. Hope to be able to cruise again with you guys sometime.

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami twice pre-cruise. The location can't be beat. We love Bayside Market Place and it is just steps away. The HI is nothing special but serves the purpose. Taxis line up in front for rides to the pier in the morning.

Ken, sounds like you've got a good one planned. We've booked another repo cruise for next Oct. on the Jewel of the Seas from Boston to Ft.Lauderdale. Have a few of the `03 Serenaders going, and looks to be great fun again. Hope to be able to cruise again with you guys sometime.

Ron give me the details on the cruise.... :D

Depart Boston 10/31

Sea day

2 days in Bermuda

Sea day

San Juan

St.Thomas

Sea Day

Curacao

Aruba

2 sea days

Disembark Ft.Lauderdale

cor_dashboarder2_bld.gifHow's that look ...Ken? All the suites are sold out and only one class of "E" balconies are showing available on the RCCL site.

We stayed at the Biscayne Bay Marriott and did their pre-cruise package. We had a room with a view of the port, 2 cocktails the night before in the hotel bar, breakfast for 2 in the morning and a shuttle to the port. The next time we cruise out of Miami we'll be staying here again. I hope this helps and have a great cruise!

What did something like that cost for the night. I personally don;t care, but we are traveling with other people, and I am having a hard time booking air on the same day as the cruise, so considering going the day before. Thanks.

Holiday Inn PORT OF MIAMI-DOWNTOWN

WELCM_EXTR_01_C.jpg Take a Photo/Virtual Tour common.Par.0001.Image.gif

Holiday Inn

PORT OF MIAMI-DOWNTOWN

340 BISCAYNE BLVD

MIAMI, FL 33132

UNITED STATES

Tel: 1-305-3714400

Fax: 1-305-3722862

Email: lzelaya@soundhospitality.com

Check-In Time: 3:00 PM

Check-Out Time: 11:00 AM

Quality Performer: Commendable

Local Time: 1:30 PM EDT

WELCOME

Located in the heart of downtown Miami, across from the world-class Bayside Marketplace with over 96 specialty stores and 14 renowned restaurants. Overlooking Miami's Biscayne Bay, the Holiday Inn is just walking distance or a short ride away from the Port of Miami, American Airlines Arena, and South Beach. Business guests will appreciate our proximity to Miami's financial and government centers, banks, accounting and import/export firms. Our entire staff takes pride in providing a friendly and pleasant environment and would like the opportunity to host your next visit to Miami!

Our hotel staff speaks:

English , French , Italian , Portuguese , Spanish

Good grief the thing went crazy on me? :o

We will be staying at the Clarion next to the convention center but in the same area. How much was your taxi from the HI to the pier? Were going to have 4 couples and a pile of luggage for 11 days cruise, are there van taxi's, we could use 2 of them.

Thanks for the info.

Bev

I haven't been to Miami in at least 15 years, used to live in South Beach, so I'm kind of curious to stay there... any suggestions? It will be me and my daughter. Is Bayside where Hooters is/was?

Haven't decided if we're flying in or driving... spring break airfares can be SO outrageous! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I haven't been to Miami in at least 15 years, used to live in South Beach, so I'm kind of curious to stay there... any suggestions? It will be me and my daughter. Is Bayside where Hooters is/was?

Haven't decided if we're flying in or driving... spring break airfares can be SO outrageous! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I spend a lot of time in Miami and quite frankly, the Bayside Marketplace area is very cookie cutter.

South Beach is a very short drive away, just over McCarther Causeway or about a 10 minute drive to the Port of Miami.

I highly recommend South Beach or any other part of Miami Beach over Bayside Marketplace. Much better restaurants, attractions, nightlife, shopping, etc.

The hotels in South Beach are fabulous. Some of them destinations in themselves.

Archived