Best and the Worst Didjaever

LCTXcruiser

On a cruise with a group of people, three of us shared the alligator fritters and some type of vegetarian curry. We all had different main courses and other starters. Although we all liked the alligator, the three of us got a little food poisoning that night. No one else in our group had the problem. So now I am afraid to try them again, it could have been the curry, but that evening in the cabin discourages me from trying again.

Edited by poolreader

The Escargot was by far the worst. I know a lot of people on here love it, and honestly that's what convinced me to try it. But I just couldn't do it. It was a strange texture. The garlic butter sauce it came in was good though!

So I'll tell a funny story about my first experience with escargot. First cruise, getting ready for elegant night. I had bragged before cruise about trying it. So....we t getting ready and the t.v. is on. The survivalist, Bear Grylls, was invthe woods somewhere....eating very fresh snails. He was chewing and said....ummm....sorta taste like a "cold boogey". Lol, no joke! So i ordered the escargot, having forgotten Bear's statement. They bring them, swimming in garlic butter and piping hot. I started chewing and that boogey statement was all i could think about! I haven't had them since.

But my DH trys all the didja's

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app