Price?? Am I doing something wrong?

Ok, Ive been on 10 cruises w/ RCCL. All have been on the Soveriegn class. Last 3 have been solo. Now, my son and his gf want to do a cruise in May of 2016. Im checking prices and Im lost. My last few solo cruises were around 400, 500 tops for a cabin. We plan to get two separate cabins so, this will still be solo for me regarding cost for my cabin. While checking rates for the same time of year we always go, May, for me, its now almost 1100.00 for just me. That makes it double. Are cruises that high now? My last one was 2 years ago for 450 for a solo rate which means I paid for two meaning it would have been 225 pp. Now its 1100 vs 450? I cant believe prices have gone up that much. Am I doing something wrong in my search? Are the prices really this high?

btw, im doing my own search, payment etc so even though he is going, we are paying separate so its like a solo arrangement.

Anyone?

I often cruise solo and have not had a fare of $400 or $500 unless it was a short 3 or 4 day sailing. You might also want to look at one of the ships that offers single cabins. With RCI you do get double cruise points but also pay the 200% supplement.

Guess I need to clear up something.

This is not a 7 nighter cruise.

Ive only gone on the 4 nighter on the sovereign.

And as far as the price is higher because Majesty is coming out of dry dock....not the case. This is while its in dry dock. Majesty is going into dry dock may of 2016 and enchantment will replace it in miami. Once majesty is finished dry dock it will go to port canaveral after that. The two ships will change docks. So, this is NOT on the majesty but on the enchantment.

Guess I need to clear up something.

This is not a 7 nighter cruise.

Ive only gone on the 4 nighter on the sovereign.

And as far as the price is higher because Majesty is coming out of dry dock....not the case. This is while its in dry dock. Majesty is going into dry dock may of 2016 and enchantment will replace it in miami. Once majesty is finished dry dock it will go to port canaveral after that. The two ships will change docks. So, this is NOT on the majesty but on the enchantment.

You mention only sailing Sovereign class in your OP, so that is why people are trying to help you with Majesty. Majesty does have two sailings in May after drydock, both from Port Canaveral. You never said you were looking at Enchantment, a Vision class ship, out of Miami.

Which sailing are you looking at so that people understand exactly what you are trying to ask?

I also travel solo and agree the prices are insane. I have given up trying to book anything with RCCL while the bogoho sale is in progress. Solo travelers with over 340 cruise points are entitled to sail at 150% of the single supplement rate which at one time was a nice option. However, with the voodoo bogoho pricing a junior suite would now cost me more than I normally pay for a grand suite. At one time RCCL had a separate rate sheet to compensate for 340+ solo cruiser but on my last conversation with reservations and resolutions departments they deny it ever existed. Incidently, this is the same resolutions department that recently insisted that by using my normal discounts I would come out cheaper than using a pinnacle free cruise certificate. After a couple phone calls I finally reached someone who knew what they were doing and saved over $700.

Under the present pricing I would pay $525 a day on the Liberty of the Seas for a junior suite, and that is before insurance and tips. I guarantee you can stay at a luxury all inclusive resort one heck of a lot cheaper than that.

Edited by Don Pedro

Ok, Ive been on 10 cruises w/ RCCL. All have been on the Soveriegn class. Last 3 have been solo. Now, my son and his gf want to do a cruise in May of 2016. Im checking prices and Im lost. My last few solo cruises were around 400, 500 tops for a cabin. We plan to get two separate cabins so, this will still be solo for me regarding cost for my cabin. While checking rates for the same time of year we always go, May, for me, its now almost 1100.00 for just me. That makes it double. Are cruises that high now? My last one was 2 years ago for 450 for a solo rate which means I paid for two meaning it would have been 225 pp. Now its 1100 vs 450? I cant believe prices have gone up that much. Am I doing something wrong in my search? Are the prices really this high?

btw, im doing my own search, payment etc so even though he is going, we are paying separate so its like a solo arrangement.

Anyone?

Not sure if you're locked into May as your sail date, but if you're flexible with your travel dates and itinerary, you can find at least some relief from these current prices. Holiday weeks and times when schools are out are the most expensive. For example, a 7-nighter on Harmony during Christmas week (2016) costs well over twice as much as a 7-nighter on the same ship two months later in February. That's an extreme example, but if you have the flexibility and some time to spend online checking prices, it could pay off for you. Good luck!

Edited by TheInnocentAge