Help please....re Vision of the Seas

We are looking to book on the Vision of the Seas next year....round trip Venice going to Croatia ,greece, Turkey santorini and back to Venice. I would like to ask anyone who has been on the Vision do they like it and how do they like it compared to the slightly larger ships. also anyone who has done this itinerary did they like it...first time on a smaller ship and a little apprehensive it may be slightly too sedate for us.....thanks in advance 👍

Yes, we've done this itinerary aboard Vision, but before its latest makeover. Being the smallest class in the Royal Caribbean fleet, you won't find very many amenities, but this is a cruise for the ports ... the ship is secondary. The passenger demographic is more varied ... Americans, Canadians, Europeans, Asians and Africans are all well-represented. There is, however, a language barrier, and many announcements are broadcast in several tongues. Even the cruise director greets folks at the shows in English and Italian.

The centrum has been turned into an entertainment venue (largely aerial acrobatics), which is fine, but seating is very limited, and unless you can squeeze in at one of the railings on the upper decks, you won't be able to see much of anything. Entertainment is geared to pleasing people of many backgrounds, and as such is at best mediocre. The same pretty much applies to the food as well.

The ports were incredible (by all means, take private tours in Dubrovnik, Ephasis and Santorini), although we found Venice to be dirty, with many buildings along the canals vacant and in deteriorating condition. Surprisingly, relatively few people speak English, and there's a continual problem with pickpockets, particularly teenage girls who appear pregnant (signs posted all over the water bus terminal ... in English). St. Mark's Square continually floods (they even sell disposable boots there), and overall maintenance is lacking.

Still, we're glad we took the trip ... so much to see and learn. If you're not overly concerned about shipboard bells and whistles, you'll be fine.

Al

Edited by jewopaho

Hi, We've sailed Vision 3 times, most recently in April, we've sailed on all classes except for quantum but found Vision to be fine, she does not have all the bells and whistles but we enjoyed it a lot, as the previous poster stated the Centrum can get very crowded but apart from that we did not feel crowded, we used the solarium a lot as it's enclosed and had a fantastic dinner at Giovanni's.

I really enjoyed Vision and if you can snag 8088 or its twin you will be in great shape. Spent a good deal in Schooner and Crown Vik! Everyone who ate at a speciality resturant were saying they were feeding them just about the whole menu and that the food was awesome! I would say the WJ food was better than the Liberty WJ food. Vision was in wonderful shape! If you happen to get CD Steve Davis and Marvin you are in for a treat. Have a great time. b79b9e138879f32ff7f9c736a7d3a4f7.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

We cruised the Baltic on the Vision a few years ago. We like the small ship for the cultural cruises. They are very classy and the service is very good. 2000 passenger/ 750 crew. Not a bad ratio. I don't think you will regret it. Enjoy

We just left Vision two days ago! She was in great shape, the food and service was top notch, I was pleasantly surprised. However, if you are looking for a ship with tons of activities, this is not the right ship. We had 4 sea days, and all were spent reading and eating (with kids in the kids club). The pool was so packed, and it was saltwater with many kids splashing the saltwater into our eyes, that we used it once and never again. The kids did some rock-climbing, but there is only so much rock climbing one can do!

However, the itinerary was once in a lifetime amazing! We didn't do it for the ship at all. If you know going in you are there for the ports, don't set your expectations as high as you would on other class ships, you will enjoy your cruise. For us, it was the best trip of our lives! And we've been on many. :)

We were on the Vision three times this year (caribbean sailings). As the previous poster said, it is much more sedate. With a smaller ship, you do get to see the crew/officers more often around the ship. The food was good and the ship in great shape. I am not sure I would want to be at sea for 6 days on her.

We just got off of the Independence and that was non stop action. It was almost too much with people always around you. I guess it all depends on what you like. With children, I am not sure I would sail on her unless you are going on a port intensive cruise. (We have an 8 yr. old granddaughter and I would not take her). Hands down, the Indy with kids.

We just left Vision two days ago! She was in great shape, the food and service was top notch, I was pleasantly surprised. However, if you are looking for a ship with tons of activities, this is not the right ship. The itinerary was once in a lifetime amazing! We didn't do it for the ship at all. If you know going in you are there for the ports, don't set your expectations as high as you would on other class ships, you will enjoy your cruise. For us, it was the best trip of our lives! And we've been on many. :)

Exactly ... as I noted in my previous post, it's all about the ports, and the ship is actually a secondary consideration. Concentrate on what you'd like to do on shore ... you'll spend your free time aboard ship re-living your once-in-a-lifetime experiences.