Galveston Port Parking

SA Mom

We are looking for a Parking Company for our upcoming cruise out of Galveston. I see good reviews for lots of places. Has anyone use Discount Cruise Parking or DCP? They have a special right now, $45 for the week.

I used Discount Cruise Parking once. They're pretty far from the dock. They had packed the shuttle so tightly, there was standing room only, and DH fell. Not only was it standing room only, driver made abrupt starts and stops.

We've used EZ several times, and liked them. They're close enough to the dock that if needed, we can walk.

Edited by knittinggirl

We generally use Lighthouse Parking, primarily because all spaces are covered. Our new vehicles appreciate this very much. Prices are pretty competitive, although EZ Cruise does run a special now and then (around $5 off if you book and pay online). If you're willing to walk to and from the ship (dropping off luggage first on the way out, and picking it up after retrieving your car when arriving back), EZ Cruise offers the option at a discount ... it's not for us, since weather can be a factor, and crossing the main traffic artery can be an adventure. Overall, the facility and service at Lighthouse makes it our preferred venue. Both are very close to the terminal.

One thing ... the City of Galveston now charges a $30 fee for each shuttle entry to the cruise port. Therefore, the lots wait until the vans are full before they leave for the terminal ... so if time is a factor, allow another half-hour to be safe.

We we sailed out of Galveston, we used Galveston Park N Cruise because, like the PP, I wanted covered parking...but Galveston Park N Cruise is one step above because it is an INDOOR parking space.

Basically, they open up a converted warehouse building for your cruise ship and everyone in that building is on your cruise. The parking is very tight and they will direct you to the next space available. Kind of like going into a theme park or concert or other similar event where so many people arrive at the same time. Once the building is full, they shut it down and lock it up and don't open it again until your cruise ship comes back.

VERY secure. Not the cheapest option but I would use them again. I had no worries about either car (we parked two).

Sign up online to recieve EZ Cruise's emails.... You will get offers of $10-$20 off parking. They offer shuttle service for one price & no shuttle (walk to terminal) for a cheaper price... Used them many times & like their service.

Sign up online to recieve EZ Cruise's emails.... You will get offers of $10-$20 off parking. They offer shuttle service for one price & no shuttle (walk to terminal) for a cheaper price... Used them many times & like their service.

We've been using EZ Cruise since they first opened and have had nothing but good experiences and great prices with the coupons. We always park and ride the shuttle bus.

We we sailed out of Galveston, we used Galveston Park N Cruise because, like the PP, I wanted covered parking...but Galveston Park N Cruise is one step above because it is an INDOOR parking space.

Basically, they open up a converted warehouse building for your cruise ship and everyone in that building is on your cruise. The parking is very tight and they will direct you to the next space available. Kind of like going into a theme park or concert or other similar event where so many people arrive at the same time. Once the building is full, they shut it down and lock it up and don't open it again until your cruise ship comes back.

VERY secure. Not the cheapest option but I would use them again. I had no worries about either car (we parked two).

we also used Galveston Park n Cruise. It was very easy and Just across the street, no need for shuttles or taxis. Very easy and convenient

We use 81 Dolphin. 5 blocks from cruise terminal with nice clean comfortable shuttles. I think if you pre-pay it's $55 a week. We have never waited to be shuttled to or from the ship.