Message for UK cruisers who booked a cruise with free drinks and grats. promotion

Hello all.

I finally got our Harmony 23rd October 2016 revised invoice showing the drinks and gratuities promotion., yay, and it is 100% correct, another yay!

I am advising that when any other UK cruiser receives theirs to thoroughly check the details as a friend who has booked exactly the same cruise and cabin has only got the grats showing amd no drinks package.

The invoices are all being done manually so I think I got someone who knew what they were doing.

The code for the Premium drinks( free for balconies and above) is YAB9 followed by a YAD8 for the savings and for the free gratuities it is YFG5 .

Further down on the invoice in a box it names the promotion applied to the booking.

Hope this info helps people in checking their invoices.

The drinks package code for those with inside or OV cabins will probably be different as it is a free Select drinks package.

Edited by heatherb1958

I second this checki g of your invoice. I'm off on the Explorer next week. I booked it 11 months ago and got free grats and drink package. My 1st invoice didn't show them and I didn't want to show up at the pier without any proof so I rang RCI and got them to email out an amended one showing that I had them applied to my booking.

I'm on the Explorer on the 26th and booked it direct with RCI with free grats and drink packages. I've also got a Baltics cruise booked for next year through an online TA. With the same deals. The log in area on the RCI website both show that 0 packages have been purchased, but both invoices emailed to me by RCI show that I have them. I suggest contacting RCI to ask them to send you an amended invoice and then print it out to take with you when you check in at the pier. I know people say it will be okay and that RCI have the details even if you don't have written confirmation, but I don't like to take any chances and wanted definite proof to show.

Hello all.

I finally got our Harmony 23rd October 2016 revised invoice showing the drinks and gratuities promotion., yay, and it is 100% correct, another yay!

I am advising that when any other UK cruiser receives theirs to thoroughly check the details as a friend who has booked exactly the same cruise and cabin has only got the grats showing amd no drinks package.

The invoices are all being done manually so I think I got someone who knew what they were doing.

The code for the Premium drinks( free for balconies and above) is YAB9 followed by a YAD8 for the savings and for the free gratuities it is YFG5 .

Further down on the invoice in a box it names the promotion applied to the booking.

Hope this info helps people in checking their invoices.

The drinks package code for those with inside or OV cabins will probably be different as it is a free Select drinks package.

Thanks Heather, I checked mine it was wrong but got it fixed.Jennifer

Thanks Heather, I checked mine it was wrong but got it fixed.Jennifer

Hi Jennifer, your welcome:).

My invoice was 100% correct but it seems a lot of people have got mistakes on theirs.

I must have had a well trained member of staff do mine;):D.

Just checked my own Royal Caribbean invoice sent by email via Travel Agent and under the Promotions Applied box it says "All Inc & Grats"

This was for a Harmony booking for July 2016 that was made in March when the All Inclusive offer was on.

Just checked my own Royal Caribbean invoice sent by email via Travel Agent and under the Promotions Applied box it says "All Inc & Grats"

This was for a Harmony booking for July 2016 that was made in March when the All Inclusive offer was on.

Hi , we , ourselves and a lot of UK cruising friends , have been waiting patiently since we booked the Harmony Transatlantic in March for the promised revised invoices showing the free perks. So far 4 parties have had incorrect invoices , not good.

It took 4 invoices before they got our September 2016 Navigator cruise right. Trying to get the free drinks package, free gratuities, balcony discount and obc all applied to one cruise just seemed too complicated for them to deal with. Eventually it was sorted but had to be done manually and took nearly a month. I will definitely be taking a printed copy with me when we sail!

Yup. We got our revised invoice today too. Booked it on the last day of the promo and got a Panaromic on the Rhapsody for April 2016.

Must say we had our doubts when we were charged full price at the time and told that the adjusted invoice would be re-issued within 2 months ( I mean really? In this day and age?)

Anyways. The revised invoice came today so we're all set (and happy)

It took 4 invoices before they got our September 2016 Navigator cruise right. Trying to get the free drinks package, free gratuities, balcony discount and obc all applied to one cruise just seemed too complicated for them to deal with. Eventually it was sorted but had to be done manually and took nearly a month. I will definitely be taking a printed copy with me when we sail!

Only 4 invoices?

It took 7 (yes seven) invoices to finally get our cruise back in May right.

I just cannot understand why free drinks and free grats promotions cause so much confusion and have to be done manually. (Then again, this is the RCI IT dep't we are talking about, which doesn't seem to have a good reputation).

Various excuses were given regarding one promotion in their system overriding another which caused incorrect pricing, resulting in invoices with refunds showing and then invoices with balances outstanding....etc...etc...

At least it all worked out for us in the end.... finally!

Only 4 invoices?

I just cannot understand why free drinks and free grats promotions cause so much confusion and have to be done manually. (Then again, this is the RCI IT dep't we are talking about, which doesn't seem to have a good reputation).

Various excuses were given regarding one promotion in their system overriding another which caused incorrect pricing, resulting in invoices with refunds showing and then invoices with balances outstanding....etc...etc...

We booked IOS in April for June 2016 and got the correct invoice yesterday. Only 2 invoices and less than 3 months. Is this the record ?

This thread is of real interest to me for our July 2016 booking (so loads of time to sort out). I have received the travel agent invoice that clearly states All inclusive drinks and Gratuities Included. However I have never seen an RCI invoice and neither of these add on's seem to show up under the My Cruises info online.

When I look at my cruises it tells me to contact travel agent with any queries.

Confused first time cruiser..........what should I do?

This thread is of real interest to me for our July 2016 booking (so loads of time to sort out). I have received the travel agent invoice that clearly states All inclusive drinks and Gratuities Included. However I have never seen an RCI invoice and neither of these add on's seem to show up under the My Cruises info online.

Hi, and welcome:).

If you have booked through a UK travel agent you will not generally receive an RCI invoice. In all our cruising history with UK travel agents that has never happened. With USA agents we do.

The promotion will not show up on your online planner as that is for bonafide purchases by yourself. The ship will receive a manifest of all guests who have the perk/promotion and will do the necessary when you are onboard but mistakes do happen so rule of thumb always take print outs or travel agent invoices with you on board ship .

We booked the Harmony direct with RCI UK in March and have been waiting patiently for the invoice showing the promotion, at least you got something from your TA :D

We booked with a TA for our Baltics cruise next year and got an invoice from RCI via them. Funnily enough I've just had an amended one emailed to me from the TA and sent to them via RCI. Why it's amended I don't know, it's exactly the same as my original! The important thing though is that it clearly shows grats and Premium drinks packages as being part of my booking but not chargeable.

We also booked through a TA (Tom Cook) for our Sept 2016 Harmony cruise and our invoice from them says Drinks package and Gratuities. So don't worry, but you can always go to your TA with your invoice and ask them to confirm. That's what I'll be doing in August, as I want to check that our Dynamic Dining has moved to My Time Dining. As you've booked through them they'll sort out any problems. Don't worry ................... and ............. relax.

Only 4 invoices?

Oh, I can top that! :D We had a total of 14 invoices before we finally set sail :eek:

The whole booking was a total shambles! So many errors with flights, prices, tips, drinks...... Fortunately we booked direct with RCI so we were able to communicate directly with them and it was eventually resolved by the Executive Office and we were compensated for the poor service. When we used a travel agent for a previous booking and had problems, RCI wouldn't even speak to us.

It really does seem to come down to a lack of training at the Customer Service centre unfortunately. The level of service is SO inconsistent!