Disneyworld Excursion - NCL Breakaway 11/15/15 Sailing

vicbomb5

Hey guys,

Went on MyNCL today to book the Disney for a day excursion - we are sailing on the 11/15/15 sailing of the NCL Breakaway out of New York.

When I am on MyNCL.com, there is no option for the Disney transfer / tickets.

Does anyone have any info as to why this may not be up there as an option to book this excursion?

Is it something they will release as the cruise gets closer to be able to book?

Thanks,

Vic

I know this isn't what you asked, but just wanted to give some food for thought.

This itinerary doesn't dock at Port Canaveral until 12. It's about an hour ride from the Port to Disney. Let's say given lines to get off the ship, board transportation, etc., you get to the parks somewhere between 1:30-2.

That doesn't leave a huge amount of time to spend, especially since it's the middle of the day when the parks will be most crowded. I guess the one saving grace is that it's a non-peak time of year, so crowds should be lower than normal. It is a Sunday, however, and weekends are generally busier than weekdays.

I swear I'm not trying to be a debbie downer or anything, and I don't know how much this excursion costs through NCL, but it might not be worth it to spend all that money to only be able to experience a handful of attractions.

If you want to do Disney do it

I have and it was ok... Certainly not the 12 hour 3 fast pass table service dining we like at Disney but we got to Disney via ncl transfer and tix excursion and enjoyed the magic kingdom

4 regular secondary level rides plus space mountain and just a quick hotdog in tomorrow land

Expensive and rushed day ...yes

But doable

So to answer your question...look at my ncl again and see if its there yet

If not call them

Remember you can always arrange your own transfer via taxi etc and not rely on ncl

Many will suggest a car rental but the parking the tram the monorail the car pick up and return will just eat into your time

I would book a taxi service

We did it for the space center and totally bypassed ncl.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by luvtheships

We did this excursion a few years ago, we were there during Easter/Passover break so VERY crowded, we were able to get on 4 rides:eek:! We had a car service pick us up which was very convenient, I would do it again without a second thought, and my kids are older and love it! From what I remember I think the car service was $300 round trip, it was really close $ to the excursion which was sold out.

If you decide to do Disney just look at it as an atmosphere excursion

See the parade. See the show in front of the castle. Enjoy the sites.

Maybe a few rides but forget the headliner rides

I've done 10 day trips as well as the 1 day ncl with an adult kid...

Nothing beats a week at dis

But if you do the 1 day you certainly will enjoy the kingdom....just do nt expect to do many rides....just absorb the site

However you can easily do the carousel of progress. The hall of presidents. And the haunted mansion. And a parade. And small world. Plus the tomorrow land peoplemover. No way to do the mountains...buzz...7 dwarfs...pooh....pan.

So with young kids don't expect much and do expect them to want to stay longer

Teens and adults would do better with my plan as outlined above and

That is a perfect day and you will get a good enough Disney old timey experience

But you will either swear off Disney after a 1 day experience. Or be saying lets plan for a week here

Disney is definitely not for the weak....only the string survive!!!!!! And continue to return year after year!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Remember that November is really getting into snowbird season here in Florida and there will be crowds everywhere. That being said, we stayed at Ft Wilderness in April this year at the campground in our RV, spent 8 hours a day for 4 days at the parks and barely scratched the surface. We had Florida resident passes and advanced reservations for certain attractions but it still took all 8 hours each day to see the big name attractions. Anything less than a full day would be exhausting, to say the least. Disney is a separate trip unto itself.

Check out Kennedy Space Center instead....much closer and less heavily travelled.

You'll be there on Tuesday, the week before Thanksgiving, probably a pretty good time to go. Call if you can't find it on MYNCL to see if there is a problem. We went to Universal on our Breakaway cruise, & saw what we had scheduled.

One hint. Download the Disney park app. It gives you waiting times for rides, so you can make a decision if you want to head to a certain ride or try something else. Also from spending a week at Disney recently, the early afternoon, just when you will arrive, can be a great time to try the most popular rides. Many folks there for days are ready for a break & will often head back to the hotel. Many people also get the big rides over in the AM. We walked right on to Peter Pan at 2:30, though as Luvtheships said, there is often a long line.

Have fun.

Edited by HarpHarp

• 3 months later...

Unless you have unlimited funds and plenty of patience, you might want to rethink Disney as an excursion. I did it last year with a group of friends. We were on RCI. I think we docked pretty early (I think we were off the ship by 10). Got the bus, ride took well over an hour. By the time we got to Epcot and into the park, it seemed like hours had passed. We had lunch at Mexico and went to a few attractions at the park. Before we knew it, we had to meet the bus back to the ship.

I've been to Disney dozens of times over the last 40 years. I love the place and have been to every park.

All in all, it was very fast paced, didn't really get to do much, and spent a crazy amount of money.

I live in Florida and go to Disney on a regular basis

If you do it right you could in theory do a bit

Here is my thing decide what you are wanting to see the most

Is it the rides, the shows, the characters?

From there make a plan

First thing is first get a map and plan your route accordingly - I have been so many times I don't even need a map anymore

BIG TIP

If you want to do mainly rides

When you enter the park go LEFT once you get to the castle

(Most people go right or straight forward)

Hop on the Jungle Cruise ride (Super funny boat road)

Then keep going along the path to Pirates of the Caribbean (Another cool boat ride)

Depending on the time you are there check the times to for Splash Mountain or Thunder Mountain to see if they are worth waiting for

Keep going along and a little bit ahead there is the Hall of presidents on the right hand side in white building (this is pretty cool little show if you have time for it)

On the left after that is Haunted Mansion (pretty cool ride one of my faves)

Keep going thru after that and you will end up in the kids zone check the times on the disney app to see what the wait times are and if you want to do any of those (It's a small world usually has short times and is pretty good, I also enjoy Little Mermaid; I also enjoy winnie the pooh and peter pan however wait times on these rides are generally terrible)

The mickey philharmagic show usually has low wait time and is amazing

Keep going around and you come upon the area with space mountain (chances are you won't get to ride this ride wait times are forever)

People mover and Carousel of Progress are cool and generally again hardly any wait time, Lilo and Stitch usually have a decent wait time and the Monsters Inc show is FUNNY

As season pass holders this is the best path to take when you are short on time -- What you need to do is figure out which of the activities you want to do but again follow the path going left to right - You don't have to do all the rides I suggested but for sure left to right

Also if you see a fast pass line that is not to long get in it and set up a few fast passes

Also if you have time the country bear jamboree is pretty cool

If your interested in shows or characters check out ahead time the times and where they are located and make your way to that area and stop for a few rides in between