PHOTO REVIEW~Freedom, the 4th, and my 40th!

Martini Mom

Thanks for a fantastic review!! We too are from So Cal & are surprising our adult children, their spouses & our granddaughter with this same itinerary. I was glad to read that you flew into Houston Hobby, gives us another option after reading your review. Also love the idea of LFK; our granddaughter will be 5 when we set sail, so find if an excursion that we will all be able to participate in (& enjoy) is a must!!

Thanks for a fantastic review!! We too are from So Cal & are surprising our adult children, their spouses & our granddaughter with this same itinerary. I was glad to read that you flew into Houston Hobby, gives us another option after reading your review. Also love the idea of LFK; our granddaughter will be 5 when we set sail, so find if an excursion that we will all be able to participate in (& enjoy) is a must!!

I completely recommend LFK! As you can see from my review, I keep it real. The only tiny negative I could possibly find there is that they don't have change in their registers at times. So minor. If I visited Roatan 10 times, I would go to LFK every time.

40th birthday night, after Belize!

We took the bottle of champagne from our door decorating contest to dinner that night. As you you see from the pic, our waiter opened the bottle and poured it in a wine glass. I didn't want to be a pain and ask for a champagne flute, so here's my goblet of bubbles ;)

Hubby started with escargot, one of his cruise favs, and it was really good. I got the pumpkin soup and it was really good too. Note to self- the best Carnival appetizers these days seem to be the soups and salads.

20150708_170711_zpsrw2ahxyf.jpg

20150708_171839_zpsh3ryyyyd.jpg

20150708_171934_zps92bfnuyo.jpg

He then chose 2 entrees. He wasn't a fan of the steak, but it was okay.

20150708_174640_zpshmlquklj.jpg

20150708_174657_zpskranwkiq.jpg

Our waiter sang happy birthday to me and brought me a dessert with a candle in it. We had some time after dinner tonight, since there aren't any comedy shows tonight and tomorrow :(

Air hockey (very fun and unique air hockey table), Red Frog Pub pic, music in the atrium, Basil Drop at the Alchemy Bar, and watching our friend and others sing in a karaoke competition.

20150708_185302_zpsj6uzrt64.jpg

20150708_185920_zps0dmrnifk.jpg

20150708_191007_zpsc4mzk5gr.jpg

20150708_210752_zpsimjoio9m.jpg

Wake up, it's time for Cozumel!

Woke up early, sat on our balcony, and watched as well pulled into port, alongside this mega ship.

20150709_063800_zpsi0azzbbr.jpg

Loooooong pier

20150709_063825_zps6ijygnie.jpg

Leaving "home"

20150709_073931_zpsg2plaswp.jpg

Mike wanted to see the ruins, but we knew he couldn't handle the heat, so this will have to do ;) Btw, in order to get into town, you have to walk through a long store trying to sell you stuff. It reminds me of theme parks who make you exit through their stores.

20150709_074440_zps5aouz37m.jpg

We kept walking past the nice stores and found the taxi stand. Prices were clearly posted. No need to haggle and no worries about getting ripped of by a driver. I think our taxi to Nachi Cocom was $17 for 2-4 people. We gave him a $20 and called it good. The drivers, just like everywhere else in Mexico, are nuts! I thought we'd crash the whole time.

After a short while, we made it to the place we'd made online reservations at, Nachi Cocom. We were looking at them as well as Mr. Sanchos. We chose NC because it had a rep for being quieter, less party like, and less families. It was! We paid a small deposit online and paid the balance upon arrival. We chose the all inclusive option, so we'd have unlimited drinks of all kinds and a big lunch. We were quickly shown around the grounds, then asked where we'd like to sit. We chose 2 chairs under a palapa and he immediately took our drink order. This was going to be a welcome day of relaxation after the go go go of yesterday. :)

20150709_075927_zpswl7fp60a.jpg

20150709_080635_zpsap8uhxvk.jpg

Looking up at our palapa

20150709_081047_zpscmp9ribm.jpg

Already settling in

20150709_081946_zpsy3l0gydl.jpg

Watching him check out the water from my chair. Btw moms, this beach DOES have a big drop off and the sand is "squishy." One of our new friends fell trying to get out of the water.

20150709_082711_zpstfgisikn.jpg

Nachi Cocom looks really nice!! I'm so enjoying your review btw, you look more like 26 than 40!!!!

Thank you, it was :) More Nachi Cocum pics to come. Aww, so sweet of you to say. I still feel 26 ;)

Edited by Martini Mom

Our gold rewards were waiting for us. There was a paper with our pins, and two drink coupons to be used after 5pm on the last day. Our 2 free bottles of water, as well as some things we ordered from Bon Voyage, didn't arrive until later.

6689add2-e457-437a-be16-6c91c0d2c16d_zpspt0pmknr.jpg

After we unpacked our carry-ons and snapped a few pics, we headed up to the Lido to try a famous Guy's Burger. Don't ask me why we didn't try one where we live, since it was practically started in our backyard ;). We only eat red meat about once a year (it's a health thing for us), but we decided that one week of eating junk on this cruise wasn't going to kill us. TMI note- It didn't kill us, but our bodies don't digest meat and fried stuff like it used to. Thank you Pepto Bismol.

Hubby, in the red, waiting in line. They were always very fast at Guy's. You could get your burger however you wanted it, even with just the patty, or you could just ask for a plate of fries.

565f0789-3b27-49f0-afc9-71a64ad125da_zpspuoahwid.jpg

With our first DODs :) The sold us a rum shot to add in for $2 extra.

a9e3a526-7556-474a-b1e6-5ebce3d26c90_zpsb0xjjihr.jpg

We've always wondered if some of our group ever photo bombed other people's pics... That's my dad... The tall guy on the right with all black.

Thanks for reading my review :)

This is the standard plate, but they said you could customize it to whatever you wanted. I heard one woman doing just that.

Beware just because you don't put the lobster or the shrimp on the plate, if they were cooked with the other food, you will still react the same as if you ate them.

I completely recommend LFK! As you can see from my review, I keep it real. The only tiny negative I could possibly find there is that they don't have change in their registers at times. So minor. If I visited Roatan 10 times, I would go to LFK every time.

I watched 3 clips of LFK on YouTube. The owners seem so genuine that it just fuels my desire to visit even more. I've already told my DH this is a MUST & I can't wait to share the details with our kids!! Thanks for the tip about change in the registers, will make sure we take $1's with us.....wait!! They do take American dollars, right??

I watched 3 clips of LFK on YouTube. The owners seem so genuine that it just fuels my desire to visit even more. I've already told my DH this is a MUST & I can't wait to share the details with our kids!! Thanks for the tip about change in the registers, will make sure we take $1's with us.....wait!! They do take American dollars, right??

Yes, they take dollars. You'll be fine with 5's. :)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

We love Nachi Cocum , we have been there 4 times and going back again on our Sept. Freedom cruise . Your pictures are beautiful and I am glad that you like us Texans .

:)

Thank you :) Yep, love Texans. So friendly and down to earth.

Beware just because you don't put the lobster or the shrimp on the plate, if they were cooked with the other food, you will still react the same as if you ate them.

True. I have no idea how careful their kitchen practices are.

Awesome review. I have been on Freedom out of Ft. Lauderdale before but will be sailing on her out of Galveston in September.

Looks like I will just miss you in December on the Imagination!

really enjoyed the review.

we went to LFK last year and really enjoyed it. At LFK and doing the snorkel thingee, ask them to take you to the drop off.

he led us out to the "cliff" just a wall then nothing but dark blue.

on our cavetubing trip we did the private company called charlies.

there were 4 of us with 2 guides. they carried the tubes. we passed up the big groups, he got out of the tubes and pulled us past the slow areas and groups. Yes I did try the termites, to me they tasted like pepper corns.

again thanks for the review. We are going on the freedom aug 15th to Jamaica trip and then again in oct to the Bahamas trip.

can't wait.

michael