PHOTO REVIEW~Freedom, the 4th, and my 40th!

Martini Mom

Thank you for the awesome review! It makes me "almost" want to change our booked Dream cruise. Guess we will have to book another one! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Dream sounds great too! Have fun :)

Thank you Martini Mom for your fun and incite full review, it was almost like being on vacation with you and your husband. My wife and I will be sailing on the Freedom in 21 days and we will put the advantaged recon to good use.

Thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings ;). Glad I could provide some helpful info for your cruise with your wife. Have fun! :)

Can you tell me how long the trip from the port to LFK is? Also, is it a straight shot or are there a lot of curves? Someone in our group deals with car sickness so I try to make sure before we commit to something but this has definitely piqued my interest!

Sorry, I just realized that I didn't respond to your question earlier. It's a very short, straight ride over. I get sea sick if it's choppy, but this was a breeze.

I've been following along and enjoying your review but wanted to let you finish before commenting since I don't have any valid questions. :) I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed it and you got some beautiful pictures during your cruise. We did a western Caribbean on Liberty last year that ended up basically being the same itinerary. We were also supposed to stop in Grand Cayman but we missed due to the weather and poor tendering conditions. Since last year was our first time in Roatan, we did a private tour of the island then some beach time, but I'm definitely sold on LFK next time we get there - that looks like such a peaceful and fun way to spend a day in paradise. We also went to Nachi Cocum and really liked it and took advantage of the unlimited drinks and we loved the food and I'd go back for that alone. Thank you for taking the time to do a review of your cruise, again, I really enjoyed following along.

WOW...Martini Mom this is one of the best reviews I have ever read and the pictures are perfect. I for sure know about "the look" and if I book the cave tubing, I am going to get that look. You have convinced me to search for something else to do in Belize(our first time will be in Jan. 2016). Any suggestions from anyone?

Thanks for reading it :). Little French Key is privately owned, so you buy directly from them. Carnival used to partner with them, but not anymore. Carnival's new excursion isn't to the same place, so the only way to go to LFK is through LFK.

OMG I can't thank you enough for your awesome review ! We are sold on LFK and am getting ready to email them with our reservation for Feb 2016. I wonder I don't eat meat or fish or drink alcohol hopefully they will work with me 😛

I've been following along and enjoying your review but wanted to let you finish before commenting since I don't have any valid questions. :) I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed it and you got some beautiful pictures during your cruise. We did a western Caribbean on Liberty last year that ended up basically being the same itinerary. We were also supposed to stop in Grand Cayman but we missed due to the weather and poor tendering conditions. Since last year was our first time in Roatan, we did a private tour of the island then some beach time, but I'm definitely sold on LFK next time we get there - that looks like such a peaceful and fun way to spend a day in paradise. We also went to Nachi Cocum and really liked it and took advantage of the unlimited drinks and we loved the food and I'd go back for that alone. Thank you for taking the time to do a review of your cruise, again, I really enjoyed following along.

Thanks for saying so :) I haven't been to Grand Cayman yet, but it's on my list.

WOW...Martini Mom this is one of the best reviews I have ever read and the pictures are perfect. I for sure know about "the look" and if I book the cave tubing, I am going to get that look. You have convinced me to search for something else to do in Belize(our first time will be in Jan. 2016). Any suggestions from anyone?

Martini Mom,

One other question, your opinion of the cheers package on Carnival? What would make it worth the cost? If you didn't purchase a wine package, would it be a good value just to get glasses of wine and all the other great drinks you had?

Thanks so much! :) I hear the snorkeling tours are amazing. Maybe we'll do something like that next time.

We thought we'd purchase the Cheers Package, but when we looked at the prices (before we sailed), we decided against it. We would be in port all day for 3 days (so no drinking all day on the ship), you can't purchase Cheers on the first day in Texas (so no drinking for a 4th day of 7), we brought 2 bottles of wine onboard, and we planned on drinking at the Alchemy Bar (and those drinks cost more than the Cheers drinks allow).

We did't plan on getting the wine package, but it was a good deal, so we went with it. It was nice to have a drink when we wanted it and not have to go to a bar to get one. We usually sit by the pool and get a bucket of beer or a pitcher of something (we ended up not doing it this time though). Those items aren't allowed on Cheers either. It just didn't seem like Cheers would fit our needs.

OMG I can't thank you enough for your awesome review ! We are sold on LFK and am getting ready to email them with our reservation for Feb 2016. I wonder I don't eat meat or fish or drink alcohol hopefully they will work with me 😛

Yay!Thanks for reading it :) They had some great veggie options like yucca chips and salsa as well as beets. I would email them and ask about it. They seemed very open to customizing everyone's lunch plates. If you don't eat meat, fish or drink alcohol, I would buy the basic package then get drinks and food a la carte.

Some random pics that didn't really fit anywhere in my review ;)

Gel clings on my mirror for Independence Day

20150704_201815_zpsrftat7dw.jpg

The piano bar. We only stayed for a couple songs one night.

20150704_201005_zps1iht3w1q.jpg

20150704_201019_zpskzmmauv4.jpg

Pulling into Roatan, as seen from our balcony. You can see the chair lift to Mahongany Bay Beach.

20150707_074746_zpsbfpd24ul.jpg

20150707_074240_zpsfku2tfeb.jpg

loved your review. We are booked on the Freedom in Oct. So looking forward to it. We have done this itinerary several times, but love others perspective. Do you have the fun times for the week. Thanks in advance.

loved your review. We are booked on the Freedom in Oct. So looking forward to it. We have done this itinerary several times, but love others perspective. Do you have the fun times for the week. Thanks in advance.

I have them, but I haven't photographed them yet.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

More random pics....

Little French Key mangroves

20150707_103358_zpshemfy38w.jpg

Used mattresses being offloaded in Roatan

20150707_163621_zpsghbnu4uw.jpg

This air hockey table was really fun! While playing, all of the sudden it would release a ton of small pucks.

20150708_185402_zpskutnj4uy.jpg

Nachi Cocum, Cozumel

20150709_084144_zpsp57k0nnm.jpg