PHOTO REVIEW~Freedom, the 4th, and my 40th!

Martini Mom

They sounded the horn 3 different times before we left, with time between each blast. They also overhead paged a family. Later that evening, a few doors down from our cabin, we saw 2 guys from security knocking on a door. A bit after that we returned to see them packing up the belongings of that room. Looks like someone didn't get back on the ship. ;)

Right before we left Cozumel. Some pics of us, side by side with the Paradise. Some of their cruisers even danced along with our deck music and games. :)

20150709_150725_zpszmz5palz.jpg

20150709_150918_zpsibzkqqoa.jpg

This was the view from our balcony, which was eye level with the Paradise's lido deck.

20150709_125429_zpskueyooqs.jpg

Paradise's lido deck

20150709_150922_zpsv2udt87t.jpg

Side by side :)

20150709_151056_zpspta2rscx.jpg

We decided to walk around and take some pics before dinner. We decided not to go to the MDR tonight. We actually skipped it 2 or 3 times on this cruise, a first for us. The food just wasn't that amazing and we thought the lido buffet was actually very good. We were able to sample most of the same items that were on the MDR menu that night as well as some nice things that weren't. We could skip getting dressed up, eat by a window and catch a sunset.

Blue Iguana area

20150710_083351_zpskl5wks6h.jpg

Blue Iguana condiments bar

20150710_083359_zpsdyieudgv.jpg

Cozumel sunset

20150709_182244_zps3jm7eu35.jpg

20150710_083945_zpsqyyzzocy.jpg

Here is the pizza menu. We didn't have any, so I can't comment on it.

20150710_083618_zpsb54obzhf.jpg

The chocolate buffet was being set up and a crowd was beginning to form. Mike was bummed that his favorite chocolate cake and cake pops from day 1 weren't there. He got a plate full of other things to try instead. A crew member cut off a big slab of chocolate fudge for him. It was gooey and he LOVED it! I had pineapple dipped in the chocolate fountain (they do it for you). It was AWESOME! (I can't find those pics right now :()

20150710_105455_zpsiotsyzvn.jpg

20150710_105501_001_zpskvwvgkdb.jpg

20150710_105509_zpstjljuxny.jpg

20150710_105516_zpsau1xo34z.jpg

You can buy it at any bar once you're out to sea (Texas law), but it's offered and more commonly purchased in the dining room. They also have a wine menu with the same glasses/bottles of wine and many others so you can compare prices. The basic package was about $115, middle about $135, and top about $150. I don't remember the exact prices.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

could you choose the wine or they do for you? ( I am kind of picky with my wine! I prefer to choose mine ;)

Enjoying your review! We were on the Freedom last Dec and loved it. Sounds like the food has gone downhill which is too bad. You have me sold on LFK and also on doing an excursion on Belize using a boat that pics up at the ship. Lots of good info here.

P.S. I have also sailed on the Paradise when she was in CA.

Enjoying your review! We were on the Freedom last Dec and loved it. Sounds like the food has gone downhill which is too bad. You have me sold on LFK and also on doing an excursion on Belize using a boat that pics up at the ship. Lots of good info here.

P.S. I have also sailed on the Paradise when she was in CA.

Thank you :D I don't know if the boat excursion picked them up at the ship, but it definitely dropped them off directly at the ship.

I was kinda disappointed that I didn't do cave tubing, now not so much. I'm used to tubing down a NC river where it's actually fun!

First Cruise - Carnival Dream 2011, 7 nights

Eastern Carribean

Carnival Fantasy - 10th Anniversary Cruise to

Nassau/Freeport, 5 nights

Carnival Liberty - 7 nights with the whole family. Western Caribbean

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Enjoying your review and pictures, we will be doing almost the same itinerary on the Splendor in Feb.

We have gone to Nachi before and loved it. Last Feb. we did the Cozumel Bar Hop with our dd's and their bf's and had such a great time we are going to do that insted of Nochi again. I think I know what we are going to do in Roatan :D :D

I was kinda disappointed that I didn't do cave tubing, now not so much. I'm used to tubing down a NC river where it's actually fun!

First Cruise - Carnival Dream 2011, 7 nights

Eastern Carribean

Carnival Fantasy - 10th Anniversary Cruise to

Nassau/Freeport, 5 nights

Carnival Liberty - 7 nights with the whole family. Western Caribbean

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was like sitting in a innertube, wearing too much gear, and being pulled from one end of a shallow kiddie pool to the other.

Enjoying your review and pictures, we will be doing almost the same itinerary on the Splendor in Feb.

We have gone to Nachi before and loved it. Last Feb. we did the Cozumel Bar Hop with our dd's and their bf's and had such a great time we are going to do that insted of Nochi again. I think I know what we are going to do in Roatan :D :D

The bar hop sounds fun too :)

I know this pic seems out of place, but I posted it for 3 reasons.

1) I work nights at the hospital (12 1/2 hr shifts), so if this review is taking forever to finish, that's why. :)

2) Even when I'm at work, I'm thinking about Carnival. My badge clip, pen and online pics have drawn many coworkers to cruising.

3) BACK TO MY REVIEW- The shopping on the Freedom was a let down. Seriously, I've seen way better on far smaller ships. There is no $10 store on this ship. Just a table with a few $10 items. There are plenty of expensive items in the gift shops, but this ship was lacking my favorite basic items, t-shirts, magnets, etc. There was a very small selection. VERY small. Also, other ships I've been on have had a lot of shirts etc representing the various ports. I usually skip souvenir shopping on land and catch up on the ship. There were ZERO port shirts. Finally they had a shirt sale and these shirts magically appeared on folding tabled outside of the shops. I think we arrived about 2 minutes after it started and it was already a crowded feeding frenzy! The shirts weren't that cute either. They also quickly sold out of the middle sizes and only had small and 2XL. Note to self- If you want a souvenir, buy it on land.

11825183_10205993324624368_527177170617537565_n%201_zpstz9pgq6u.jpg

Edited by Martini Mom

Here is the pizza menu. We didn't have any, so I can't comment on it.

20150710_083618_zpsb54obzhf.jpg

I wish they would have something other than just three toppings the only things they have is cheese, mushrooms or pepperoni. Add about six more ingredients and you would have a pizza: onions, sausage, peppers, hamburger, and Canadian bacon.

Edited by Jana60

Our last night :(

The free drink stations

20150710_105701_zps4xc5uvgc.jpg

Trying the ice cream for the first time in 7 cruises. It's actually pretty good :)

20150710_121200_zpspnhkcybw.jpg

Before dinner, this debarkation info was already on our bed and the TV was on and turned to the instructions. We packed up and put our bags out for them to pick up. One less thing to think about. Now we can go have some fun :)

20150710_121559_zpsxcznnrew.jpg

Next up.....our Mixology Class at the Alchemy Bar!

Beware just because you don't put the lobster or the shrimp on the plate, if they were cooked with the other food, you will still react the same as if you ate them.

Very good point! My allergist has sternly cautioned me about cross-contamination. Even here at home when DH ordered a crabcake sandwich, the server brought my food out separately and DH immediately went to the restroom and washed his hands thoroughly after eating it. Just touching a crustacean will cause an allergic reaction for me.:(

So, apparently we're such lushes that the Alchemy Bar knew our crew well. They told us about a special Mixology class that isn't in the Fun Times. You have to sign up after you come back from Cozumel and the class is on your last sea day afternoon (at 3:30 or 4. I don't remember which. I blame the cocktails). They allow 11 to sign up, but only 8 of us actually showed up for the class. The put out a "private function" sign and the class began. Our master mixologist, Drazen of Bosnia, takes his profession very seriously and is very proud of his skill and knowledge. We received a history lesson, a demo on how to properly shake a shaker, how to dislodge the glass, how to light orange zest, samples cocktails, learned drink recipes, learned about homemade infusions, etc. etc. At the end, we each received (in addition to our free drinks during the class) a coupon for a free Alchemy Bar cocktail and a diploma. The whole thing was only $15 per person!!!

20150710_141111_zps6joemu29.jpg

20150710_155023_zpsjlaximlq.jpg

20150710_144556_zpshzrxlzcs.jpg

7a04e2d2-fbe3-4849-9a52-80f94a2d4b96_zpspwboylpl.jpg

We love Nachi Cocum and have been there every time we've cruised to Cozumel - at least 5! DH always orders the seafood soup (or chowder, he can't remember), it's awesome! We love the quietness of the place and the amenities, as well as the food, drinks and staff. Every time we go, no matter how long we've stayed, the offer us a "to go" drink!:D We always say no, we've had enough!:) We've never had a big crowd there and just love how relaxing and special the day there is.

We love Nachi Cocum and have been there every time we've cruised to Cozumel - at least 5! DH always orders the seafood soup (or chowder, he can't remember), it's awesome! We love the quietness of the place and the amenities, as well as the food, drinks and staff. Every time we go, no matter how long we've stayed, the offer us a "to go" drink!:D We always say no, we've had enough!:) We've never had a big crowd there and just love how relaxing and special the day there is.

I agree. Very relaxed and excellent service. I also like that there aren't any annoying beach vendors there.

Curious George here and although I have noticed it in a few photos the diploma one is making me even more curious. LOL

The fingernail on the ring finger(s) is Blue with a White Star and the rest are Red.

Flag thingy or something else?

Curious George :)

Curious George here and although I have noticed it in a few photos the diploma one is making me even more curious. LOL

The fingernail on the ring finger(s) is Blue with a White Star and the rest are Red.

Flag thingy or something else?

Curious George :)

Lol. 2 things. 1) We cruised out on the 4th of July. 2) We left from Texas, so it was a nod to their flag. :)