Port wine

Rozza1980

i have a very nice bottle of port and would like to enjoy it after dinner in the restaurant. I know you can pay corkage for normal wine. Does this rule apply for port?

An interesting question - and good idea. We guess corkage would be paid when the bottle is opened but no further charge be made as the bottle is consumed by the glass over several days/a week - however long it takes. At least we hope that's how it would work. Keen to know the answer to this one.

PORT is typically not enjoyed in the dining room ... where corkage fees apply

As an after dinner drink in a lounge, one typically would not bring the entire bottle, but I suppose you could.

were it me, I'd ask for an appropriate glass (or two) , carry them to my room and enjoy my drink on the veranda.

But I suppose you could also carry your bottle to the Commodore's Lounge and ask for glasses and see what happens ....

Most Sommelier ' s seem quite accommodating

amen to that ... our S' was perhaps our fav' server of the cruise.

Edited by Capt_BJ

You can drink a bottle of dinner wine over two or more evenings for a single corkage fee, so the fee only applies once per bottle.

Yes, I presume the same applies if one were to take a bottle of dessert wine, or a fortified to accompany the cheese course, to the dining room. Opening of such a bottle should attract a single corkage charge and the dessert &/or fortified wine then be available to enjoy on subsequent evenings at no further cost - hopefully.