London Hotel to Southampton - Shuttle Suggestions?

splitpeaz

We will be departing Southampton Sept 6th on Royal Princess:). We would like an informative-tour-type shuttle to Southampton from our hotel (not sure where we are staying yet) since we won't have much time to explore prior to embarkation (only 1.5 days in London)

I want to confirm that my best options for this type of service is either:

1. National Express Coach Services (requires me to take a cab to Victoria Bus Station in London and then a taxi to the pier.

2. Shared Shuttle direct from hotel to pier.

Am I correct and is there a major difference in price? Thanks!

We will be departing Southampton Sept 6th on Royal Princess:). We would like an informative-tour-type shuttle to Southampton from our hotel (not sure where we are staying yet) since we won't have much time to explore prior to embarkation (only 1.5 days in London)

1. National Express Coach Services (requires me to take a cab to Victoria Bus Station in London and then a taxi to the pier.

You may try "Silver Fleet Transfer" :D

http://www.silver-fleet.co.uk/?gclid=CO_9lrqD78YCFcdhfgodT6QOTw

Cato:)

If you want some kind of tour, look at Londontoolkit.com for those that make a couple stops.

Look for airport and cruise transfers. There are companies that offer transfer plus the stops that will probably run less than the ship options. Have a great trip.

Edited by eandj

We have used the National Coach Express very successfully in the past and will be using it next month, we are on the cruise immediately before yours. The NCE works wonderfully and is certainly less expensive than a Princess transfer albeit their is no question the Princess transfer is very seamless. The only extra cost that you will incur over the Princess transfer is the cab fare from the Central Coach Station in Southampton to the pier and that will be in the range of 5 to 7 GBP....there will be cabs waiting at the station. The Southampton Central Coach Station is a small little thing, about the size of an old hamburger drive in restaurant, and certainly not intimidating at all. We did look at taking the train this year but it was almost triple what the NCE was and we still had cab fares at either end.

Neither of these is the "informative tour type" ride you want. :o If you don't want that, I'd add the train from Waterloo Station to your choices. We find it the fastest and most comfortable.

But look at the toolkit I mentioned earlier for those that provide what you mentioned.

http://www.internationalfriends.co.uk/london-heathrow-to-southampton-via-stonehenge.html

This one takes you to Stonehenge then right to the cruise terminal with commentary. We did it on disembarkation day and it was great.

The national express bus at 7 GBP each is a lot cheaper. You can walk from the bus station to the cruise terminal but a taxi is easier and ours was 5 GBP. We used it prior to embarkation day.

Edited by paddingtonbear