Stargazing

Shelby0208

Recently off the Glory...I really love watching the stars and was looking forward to seeing tons on my trip. But the light emission from the middle of the Lido deck made it very difficult. The hammock in the serenity area allowed for a bit better experience, but not fantastic like I was hoping. The last night I decided to venture out to the front of the boat on deck six. IT WAS AMAZING. Completely stunning, there was a bit of lightning in the clouds that made for a great experience. I was wondering if any of you have any great spots to watch for stars, perhaps on a balcony??

Recently off the Glory...I really love watching the stars and was looking forward to seeing tons on my trip. But the light emission from the middle of the Lido deck made it very difficult. The hammock in the serenity area allowed for a bit better experience, but not fantastic like I was hoping. The last night I decided to venture out to the front of the boat on deck six. IT WAS AMAZING. Completely stunning, there was a bit of lightning in the clouds that made for a great experience. I was wondering if any of you have any great spots to watch for stars, perhaps on a balcony??

Had an aft balcony on our RCI cruise. Woke up one night around 2 AM, and went out on the balcony. Beautiful. I've never seen Orion so high in the sky before. I assume it would be just as great on a Carnival ship...

We have been on Conquest and Freedom, spa deck balcony. There is no roof to these balconies which some people do not like. it did not bother us and the stars at night are unbelievable. Nice and dark up there on the 11th deck. You could recline in your chair and just look straight up.

That's a great tip. Thank you for sharing it with us. I will make a point of doing this on my upcoming cruise.

Had an aft balcony on our RCI cruise. Woke up one night around 2 AM, and went out on the balcony. Beautiful. I've never seen Orion so high in the sky before. I assume it would be just as great on a Carnival ship...
I bet Orion was even more impressive from the Enterprise! :-)

Some years back, we were on the Liberty during a period of meteor showers. We tried several of the front decks and found the darkest one and watched for a long time. I'm thinking about timing a future cruise for meteor shower dates as it was a great experience. I don't remember which deck we ended up on, but just check them out!

Thanks for the info will try this next cruise.:)

Some years back, we were on the Liberty during a period of meteor showers. We tried several of the front decks and found the darkest one and watched for a long time. I'm thinking about timing a future cruise for meteor shower dates as it was a great experience. I don't remember which deck we ended up on, but just check them out!

I am fascinated by meteor showers. Probably because the most famous. the Perseid Meteor Shower has its peak every year on my birthday which is August 13. Sometimes we lay on rafts in the pool and watch them. I also would also love to time a cruise to be at sea on my birthday for no other reason than to watch the show in the sky.

The best place is the bow of the ship, and Carnival still doesn't make them accessible. There always seems to be a light somewhere that ruins the view.

i love the benches they have in the RCCL bows, where you can view to your hearts content.