Stateroom search

Pendle Witch

I have tried for the past few days to do a stateroom search on Queen Elizabeth, each time it tells me the number does not exist. I have even tried adding a number it has offered me, but still it comes up with the same message. Is anyone else having the same problem?

Yes I was looking to book on the Cunard site, or at least see if what we want is available. I was looking at Q613 to see what staterooms were available. I got to the option of putting in a number to see if it was available, and it was there that it told me the stateroom number did not exist I did try to add one of the rooms it offered me but got the same reply.

Could it be because I am using the iPad instead of laptop, I wouldn't have thought that would make any difference.

Edited by Pendle Witch

Yes I was looking to book on the Cunard site, or at least see if what we want is available. I was looking at Q613 to see what staterooms were available. I got to the option of putting in a number to see if it was available, and it was there that it told me the stateroom number did not exist I did try to add one of the rooms it offered me but got the same reply.

Could it be because I am using the iPad instead of laptop, I wouldn't have thought that would make any difference.

You are correct in your thinking, The website Does not appear to be working when it comes to cabin numbers at the moment

you can phone Cunard Uk on freephone to check if you want. 0800 052 3841

Edited by Pennbank

Phoned Cunard and was told couldn't do a stateroom search on that cruise as there were other cruises within that cruise, like world segments, and certain staterooms would be allocated to those.

I tried another search on a simple, straightforward 7 day and it still came up the same. :mad::mad:

Not to worry...all good fun.

I think the problem is that sometimes cruises are packaged in various ways. For example, on the QV this summer I have booked a 14-day cruise 1 to 15 August. In one sense it is really two 7-day cruises lumped together. I could also have booked it as part of a 21-day cruise. In this case a room might be available for 7 of those days but not the other 7. Cunard no doubt has some sophisticated way of assigning rooms to make sure that I could be in the same room the whole time.

This issue has been going on for some months and I raised it with a Cunard agent who confirmed it didn't work as expected. If you use an internet VPN service you can choose to appear to be based in the US where the Cunard web site does allow you to see cabin availability.

DJ.

Thankyou all for your replies. It's a long way off so I shall just keep my eye on the site. Just a bit annoying because if it had given the stateroom we fancy as available I am pretty sue we would have booked it. I can't be the only person to do a search that way.

Thanks again.

Thankyou all for your replies. It's a long way off so I shall just keep my eye on the site. Just a bit annoying because if it had given the stateroom we fancy as available I am pretty sue we would have booked it. I can't be the only person to do a search that way.

Thanks again.

The problem stems from the very poorly designed and constructed website that is used by Cunard. There are many many problems that they seem incapable of resolving.

Thanks again.

Drop in a travel agents Their access is diifferent from what we get and most nice ones will moniter a cruise for you, at least mine did last year and we got a fantastic deal.