Can you bring bottled water on when boarding?

I have brought on bottled water on previous cruises on RCCL. We brought it on our last cruise in Nov-Dec 2014 no problems. Can't really get a clear answer so does anyone on here know?:)

yes, there is no issue at all. I take soda, and/or water all the time and never have a problem. It might get flagged if you pack it in your checked luggage so just be prepared you might have to go to the naughty room to pick it up.

We just got off Liberty this morning, and I can also confirm - Yes. We had a six pack of water brought on in carry-on with no problems. When that ran out, we had drink package, so from then on picked up a bottle of water every time we went to a bar.

Funny thing I saw last night - with all the luggage in hallway were two 32-bottle cases that passengers never opened! Had to carry it all back on shore with them.

Also, I had read that the tap water on board makes some people "swell up", and I could not believe it, but lo and behold, my feet swelled up like crazy and I switched to bottled water - had no problems after that.

I have brought on bottled water on previous cruises on RCCL. We brought it on our last cruise in Nov-Dec 2014 no problems. Can't really get a clear answer so does anyone on here know?:)

They are more likely to deny the water during spring break.

Also, we have had water refused by the porters at Port Canaveral. We put it in a suitcase now.

Sea otter....I had the same experience....I told my Dr the water was fine....he said just try it and he was right....technically it is not allowed so I will bring a note from him just in case....I really couldn't believe the difference!

Yes you can.

Thanks so much for all the replies. I haven't had any trouble but some of my friends have been told by travel agencies that it is a definite no and I didn't know if anything had changed. Like one of the replies I too can have reactions to different water. I like to bring my own for that reason and it doesn't help in cutting down on cost too. Thanks!:)

Tyhanry I buy the brand of water I like and then put it into carry on bag. When I put up our carry on bags on belt to go through scanner I let the people scanning or checking us in know I have water and in our case maybe pop and wine too. You are allowed one bottle of wine per cruiser. There was one time I didn't tell them and I was pulled over to the side and one of the security people checked my water by holding it upside down (I suppose he knew what to look for which I think he thought I was trying to sneak on something). He just said next time to let them know before scanned that we had beverages. You can pick up water and wine anywhere we picked ours up at Target which was near our hotel.

• 3 weeks later...
I Always used to take water on board with me. Carnival no longer allows you to bring "bottles" on board, so I wondered if Royal was doing the same.

Technically prohibited, but usually allowed.

I brought a case of Poland Spring on in Bayonne a few weeks ago. No issues. Just slapped a luggage tag on it and it made its way to my room. I would try it. The worst that's going to happen is to lose $5 for the water. The risk vs saving well over $100 if you purchased the water is worth it

Thank you. I would buy their water if it was reasonable, but $40+ for 12 bottles is a little steep.

I agree. If they would lower the price to twice retail instead of 10X, they would save themselves a lot of hassle witholding suspicious luggage, and still make a profit.

Thank you. I would buy their water if it was reasonable, but $40+ for 12 bottles is a little steep.

I agree. If they would lower the price to twice retail instead of 10X, they would save themselves a lot of hassle witholding suspicious luggage, and still make a profit.

Those are 16 oz. bottles right?