I wonder if it was Royal?

My Virgin Atlantic customer service experiences were not good. Flying to Heathrow for the QM2 when an 8:30 am flight at Newark was canceled at 7:15 am they said they were putting us in a taxi to catch an 8:30 flight out of JFK on a weekday during rush hour. Had to talk them out of that one. They managed after we insisted to put us on an 8:30 BA flight out of Newark.

At Washington DC while waiting at the gate to fly to Heathrow for a Princess cruise someone came thru and weighed my backpack which was my carry on item. My other bag was already checked. Never had that happen before or after on any airline. It was 31 lbs, one pound over. So I had to take the laptop out and carry it outside the bag. Did that make sense...no. As soon as I went thru the gate I put it back in the backpack. On the same trip they canceled my return flight from Heathrow to Washington three days before the flight on that same trip and said I had to travel the next day. I was supposed to be somewhere else that day. They had space the same day to Newark so I asked to do that as I could take the train back to DC. They made me pay additional for that. I don't call that customer service.

Every other airline I have ever flown with where there were issues had better customer service and resolved the issues better than Virgin Atlantic and that includes US airlines.

They have nice lounges. :D

Never having the opportunity to fly with Virgin Atlantic, what makes it different?

I'm not being sarcastic, I'm genuinely curious.

I can't think of anything quite honestly. Flew with them for 25 years annually to the USA only because they were offering the most competitive fare at the time. But for service and professionalism I'd choose British Airways over VA every time. I for one would not wish to cruise on a Virgin cruise ship-

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well waddayaknow?!! In all my years of using that website, I never saw where you could change the category! So clearly, my IT friends would refer to that as a "picnic"... "Problem In Chair Not In Computer"! LOL!:D

Having said that, I will still stick to my general opinion that the website basically blows.

Maybe a little training and or tutoring would help...There is a book" RCL online cruise booking for Dummies"......:cool: