Problem paying in Cruise planner?

I've had a problem for the past three days. I want to order drink packages and internet access, but every time I try to pay I get this:

CREDIT CARD ERROR

Payment Not Accepted

Your credit card and billing information could not be processed. Please re-enter your information or use a different credit card to process your order.

If you ordered complimentary offerings please check your email for booking confirmation

Re-enter your credit card information

I've tried three different cards and three different browsers. It doesn't want to work.

Anyone else having this problem?

Do you know if I can call the Nordic phone-support in Norway and pay over the phone?

The cruise is in 2 weeks, so I don't want to sit around and wait for their IT-department to maybe-kinda-perhaps-sorta-fix it.

I've had the same issue. Tried several times over the last 3 days with the same response. Now today my (2) reservations are locked, and I can't even do online check-in (fortunately I already printed my sail passes), but tomorrow is my last day to make any purchases online before my 08/09 sail date.

Just wait until you board, my husband get his drink package the day we board, they will have a table set up many times outside the WJ, no need to buy before you leave. three days from sailing they will close the Online check In.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

I am having the exact same issue - glad to know it's not just me! And I keep getting the marketing emails encouraging me to book my beverage packages. I will wait until I'm onboard but I really wanted to pay it off in advance.

I was having the same issue last Friday. I had to call the help desk, and they had to "clear out" my cart, and then wait about 20 minutes. Then I logged back in and it worked.

When it was erroring, it was still holding my reservation, so it thought I was trying to duplicate what I had done.

I've had the same issue. Tried several times over the last 3 days with the same response. Now today my (2) reservations are locked, and I can't even do online check-in (fortunately I already printed my sail passes), but tomorrow is my last day to make any purchases online before my 08/09 sail date.

Same symptoms here. My reservation is now locked. Hopefully it will be fixed by tomorrow. I guess it's good to know I'm not the only person affected by this problem. :(

DrB

Well, it's nice to know I'm not the only one having this problem. :o

I'm gonna try some of the advice here: removing the items, clearing the cache, logging out, and then trying again after about 30 minutes. I'll let you know if it works. :)

Same symptoms here. My reservation is now locked. Hopefully it will be fixed by tomorrow. I guess it's good to know I'm not the only person affected by this problem. :(

DrB

Well, I contacted RCI at the number listed on the page that displays the credit card error message. It was resolved by placing the order via telephone. Although I was told that I will receive a confirmation email, 45 minutes later it still has not arrived. I do see that the beverage packages have been purchased on my reservation. In addition, the full amount is displayed as a pending transaction on my credit card account. So until resolved, call RCI directly and make your purchase. Their website leaves much to be desired.

DrB

I'm gonna try some of the advice here: removing the items, clearing the cache, logging out, and then trying again after about 30 minutes. I'll let you know if it works. :)

Let us know if you were able to get the problem resolved. Good luck

Just wait until you board, my husband get his drink package the day we board, they will have a table set up many times outside the WJ, no need to buy before you leave. three days from sailing they will close the Online check In.

You don't need to go to the special tables - I've found you can just wander up to any bar and get the packages there. Depending on the bar there may be a small delay while they go get the special cup (if you're getting soft drinks) or the sticker for your seapass, but you can have a drink while waiting :)

I'm afraid I was to busy yesterday to try it, but I had time today. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. But if someone else have made it work, let me know, and I'll try again. :)

I'm probably gonna be calling Royal later this week if it hasn't been fixed.

Yeah was having the same problem last night when I was trying to book my drink packages, website kept giving the error, CREDIT CARD ERROR, renter your info, tried it like 4 times, finally had to just call in and do it via the phone. I told the guy on the phone website was having problems and he kinda admitted that it was indeed.

I finally had to give up.

Yesterday, I tried again, but when I tried to access the Cruise Planner, it was under maintenance. I thought that it might mean they were trying to fix the issue, but today I was still unable to buy anything.

Since it was cheaper for me to purchase things in advance I had to call the Nordic support. They were not even aware there was a problem. So I sent them a screenshot, and the link to this thread to show them more people had issues with this.

So I made my order over the phone, I have gotten a confirmation, and I'm all set to go cruising on sunday. :)

As of this morning, no luck purchasing a beverage package through the cruise planner....getting the same error message as others...and this has been going on for a week, with no resolution:confused:

We are not new to cruising, but this will be our first RC voyage. Hopefully the cruise line is run better than their IT Department:eek:

As of this morning, no luck purchasing a beverage package through the cruise planner....getting the same error message as others...and this has been going on for a week, with no resolution:confused:

We are not new to cruising, but this will be our first RC voyage. Hopefully the cruise line is run better than their IT Department:eek:

Save yourself some trouble and call RCI directly and make your arrangements. The number is listed on the page displayed with the error message. That's what I eventually did after having issues over several days. It has obviously turned into weeks now. RCI IT leaves much to be desired.

DrB.

I had the same problem earlier this year.

My payment was flagged as suspicious from my bank so the transaction was declined and my card blocked. I got a phone call from my banks Fraud team the same night to enquire about it, it worked fine after I answered a few questions.