Carry on bag storage room?

rbflyer

Nope. If you get FTTF your cabin will be easy otherwise you will be responsible your lugging your bags around until about 1:30.

This is wrong!! There is no FTTF on NCL. There is a designated place when you board that will check your carry on for you and give a claim check. At times you have to ask as you board the ship for directions.

This is wrong!! There is no FTTF on NCL. There is a designated place when you board that will check your carry on for you and give a claim check. At times you have to ask as you board the ship for directions.

People make mistakes sometimes. A littler kinder next time.

Thanks rvsullivan. I will ask about that room when I board. My first cruise coming up next month!

People make mistakes sometimes. A littler kinder next time.

Do you seriously think that was harsh???? I was thinking I would take it easy since you were referencing Carnival. Main thing is the OP get good information. This post will resurface in a year when someone claims they found a post showing NCL has FTTF!!

Generally, you'll carry your "carry on" stuff around with you. In your carry on should be those items you do NOT want to risk losing, so leaving your bag with your valuables somewhere defeats the purpose of carrying it.

For the *Away class ships, pax have been - generally - allowed to stop by their cabin & drop off carry-ons for those boarding early (as RS are sometimes still busy doing the routines getting everything ready) - check the Freestyle Dailies for the day as you can usually get one on the pier during the check-in, read while you wait.

Our carry-on is usually a small backpack or roller that we can take along & keep with us - as we usually head for the MDR that's open for lunch instead of the buffet. If your stateroom is within easy walking distance from the stairs & elevators, put the bags in the closet & lock up any important items/valuables in the mini-safe just to be on the safe side, or at least close the door behind you as you leave for your meal and/or explore the ship.

NCL used/still to do that on the smaller ships with a designated area, but for the mega ones - don't think so, but I still corrected. :D

Our experience is limited to the Gem, Spirit & Dawn where we knew exactly where our cabins were due to previous cruises.

Even if your cabin is, "officially not ready" when you board you can EASILY just stop by the cabin & drop your carry-on in there before proceeding to the MDR or Garden Cafe or wherever to eat, stroll, etc.

There IS one caveat to this; if your cabin is being actively worked on the door will propped open with a door stopper so that anyone could grab your carry-on & run. While I doubt very much this would happen there's always the chance that it could so keep this in mind, please.

Enjoy your cruise!

Tom

Your easiest bet is to just bring a wheeled carry on sized bag and take it with you. Lots of people have bags. Rooms usually open up around 1 ish. Luggage usually comes before 5 but not always.

Leave all your big bags with the porter and just have something easy to handle with your essentials. We pack electronics, medications, sunblock and 1 change of clothing. Kids carry swim wear in their back packs so they can hit the pools and water slides right after eating. We don't head to our cabin until around 3 to get ready for muster.

I think I have seen bag checks on ship but it would be more of a pain than to take it around for a hour or 2.

To answer the original question, yes. Or at least NCL had a carry-on storage area a few years ago. On the Jewel, it was in one of the bars, and worked exactly like a coat check. It wasn't what I would call secure, so if you're the type who carts around cameras, electronics or other such valuables you might want to have those in their own little bag. I only bothered with checking carry-on once, because I brought my own pillow and didn't want to haul it around. Otherwise, my carry-on can be easily...carried...and is comprised mostly of meds, toiletries, makeup and some spare undies.