Couple questions on diamond status

jsscuba2

We were Diamond when the VIFP program was announced in June 2012 and since then have taken 37 Carnival cruises as Diamond cruisers. We have been to bridge tours (with and without tea and snacks), tea in the Library, small cocktail gatherings (as few as 3 Diamonds), larger cocktail parties, cocktail parties where the prime function was the monthly awarding of crew members for being the best in their department. Also had luncheons in the Steak House, dinners with officers in Cucina del Capitano, and dinners in the Captain's private dining room.

Some functions were nicer and more impressive than others, but all were appreciated.

We were Diamond when the VIFP program was announced in June 2012 and since then have taken 37 Carnival cruises as Diamond cruisers. We have been to bridge tours (with and without tea and snacks), tea in the Library, small cocktail gatherings (as few as 3 Diamonds), larger cocktail parties, cocktail parties where the prime function was the monthly awarding of crew members for being the best in their department. Also had luncheons in the Steak House, dinners with officers in Cucina del Capitano, and dinners in the Captain's private dining room.

Some functions were nicer and more impressive than others, but all were appreciated.

How frequently, if ever, do you decline the invitation? We've attended a few, but lately have opted out for most.

Tom

How frequently, if ever, do you decline the invitation? We've attended a few, but lately have opted out for most.

Tom

We have declined only once, a B2B tea in the Library that was excruciatingly boring on the first leg. We feel that if the Captain, who has a very busy schedule, can spend some of his time with us we should at least show up.

We have declined only once, a B2B tea in the Library that was excruciatingly boring on the first leg. We feel that if the Captain, who has a very busy schedule, can spend some of his time with us we should at least show up.

Boring is how we found most to be. Small talk is generally not my thing. If I had a "nautical" past, perhaps I'd have more in common with the captain - other than enjoying the time onboard his ship !!

VERY interesting... as I was typing this (in my cabin on a sea day) there was a knock on the door... with our invite to the Captain's event !! Piano Bar 88 on the second sea day (tomorrow).

:D

Tom

I'm about to become Diamond, but have been cruising other lines more. :) I'm almost afraid to ask- but, with the, many times, small number groups, is the Diamond cocktail party/tea/luncheon with one guest? I do realize- it may not be and am not challenging that. Just looking for the current information as my husband will not be diamond.

I'm about to become Diamond, but have been cruising other lines more. :) I'm almost afraid to ask- but, with the, many times, small number groups, is the Diamond cocktail party/tea/luncheon with one guest? I do realize- it may not be and am not challenging that. Just looking for the current information as my husband will not be diamond.

You will receive an invite in your cabin. Some say with a guest and some do not. Mostly not.

I thought that the benefits used to list that it was with a guest. However, I just checked when I saw your query and now it does not say with a guest. Change or just a faulty memory on my part?

I have not paid much attention to the recent invites as we usually do not have a guest to bring anyways. DH and I became Diamond at the same time.

The one time we would have taken a guest and it was on our invite, our friends got their own special invitation from Guest Services. They happened to know the GS mgr and she sent them their own special invitation.

Sometimes it is only Diamonds at these parties but sometimes, the ship invites others whom we know are not Diamonds. :confused:

Also, it is not always a small group. There were over 70 Diamonds on our Freedom repo and over a 100 on the Sunshine TA in 2013. Over 500 were Platinum on that TA.

I think on the Vista TA, the cruise will have mostly Platinums and Diamonds.

I previously booked a 9 night cruise on the Slendor and now just booked an 8 night cruise on the Valor. That will make exactly 200 nights of cruising for my wife and myself.

In your initial posting you said it will be 17 days before you become Diamond. If you have 200 days by the last day of your cruise on the Valor, you will be Diamond from day 1 of your cruise.:D

Because my wife always cruises with me your situation also does not apply to us. However I can tell you that many times at Diamond events others have brought a guest traveling with them, often a family member. On the invitation to the Captain's event that you will receive in your cabin will be a RSVP request and phone number, to guest services, at the bottom of the invitation. They should be able to tell you if your husband is welcome. Based on our experience it will be very seldom ,if ever ,that he will not be welcomed.

Is the dress casual to the cocktail party and brunch

At our cocktail party on the Breeze all the women were in dresses and most of the men wore sport coats. But, it was a much older crowd than most.

Sometimes it says "and Guest" and sometimes it doesn't. However, the last few times I called down to GS to RSVP, they asked me if Patti (not a Diamond yet),would also be going, without me having to ask them!

CP1082.jpg

CS0456.JPG

• 10 months later...
We enjoyed it. It was at the Sea Day Brunch in the MDR, but our table was set up away from other people.

How did everyone dress for the captains get together for diamond status cruisers?

Edited by jsscuba2
Expand on question

How did everyone dress for the captains get together for diamond status cruisers?

Cruise casual. On my last cruise on the Fascination in March, I was the only Diamond on the ship.

Edited by Jamman54