If I book with the PVP

EmmasNana

Great, thanks. I put two cabins on hold but want to use my cc for my room and sil's cc for her room. I guess I should have put them on hold separately.

So, also if I have a price drop (booking early saver) is it true that all I have to do is call her to get the drop?

I have done it all and I have gone through a Pvp for all just depending on what is most convenient for me at the time. If I am goofing around at 11pm and see a price drop, I fill out the form myself and send it in so I know I got it while it was still available. I will make my payments myself online but if I am out with friends or something and someone gets to talking about it, I will call up my pvp and tell her to run the cc on file.

A PVP has never really been beneficial to me, more annoying than anything. I book on my own, online. I can do everything I need online and if I need to talk to someone, there is always someone available at Carnival, 24/7. I don't have to wait to talk to a PVP, I can talk to whoever I want whenever I want. Makes everything easier.

Edited by Fitzget

Well, here is my story. Since I had the two rooms on hold, I used the PVP to book the rooms. I booked using early saver and I knew I could get a $20 cheaper price using the past guest with 2 category upgrade.

The PVP checked to see if I could get a cheaper price and said I could not. Once she booked me I told her about the cheaper rate and would she take care of the price drop for me.

She said I could not get it and argued with me about it, saying she was the professional PVP and was trained to blah blah blah. I just said for her to finish the booking and I would turn it in myself.

I turned in the request and have already been approved. So much for using a PVP...lesson learned

I just use a PVP to make our room reservation, it's soooooo much easier getting adjoining cabins than fighting with the computer system. After that, I make changes etc however I want. And I never use the same PVP twice, I just call the 800# and talk with whoever

Personally, I prefer to NOT use a PVP. The last one we had called every day and was annoying. When I was finally ready to book, I could never get a hold of him. So, I just booked myself with Carnival. I called the 1-800, I prefer speaking to a person rather than doing it online.

Why anyone uses their PVP to put in a price match for ES is beyond me. Why not submit it yourself online. I did my last price match online and it took a total of 3 minutes. To top that off, I had an email saying my price match was approved in one minute.:eek:

Why waste time waiting for a PVP to call back is beyond me.:confused:

A PVP has never really been beneficial to me, more annoying than anything. I book on my own, online. I can do everything I need online and if I need to talk to someone, there is always someone available at Carnival, 24/7. I don't have to wait to talk to a PVP, I can talk to whoever I want whenever I want. Makes everything easier.

If you had a good pvp you might feel differently. And you could still talk to anyone there you wanted to.

If you had a good pvp you might feel differently. And you could still talk to anyone there you wanted to.

I just don't see the need for one, and this way I'm not hounded with annoying phone calls. I'm capable of doing things for myself, in this day and age of technology, the need for a PVP or a travel agent is null.

We have a great PVP. Once we book the cruise she still keeps looking to see if we can get a better room for the same rate or slightly more. Thus why we ended up getting a suite for slightly more than we paid for our balcony. She also knows us and our preferences and can find rooms that aren't showing as available on-line and really make us happy with what we book.

Our PVP has never hounded us with phone calls. She has been nothing but accurate and helpful.

I second this. We currently have several ES B2Bs booked with our PVP and we check frequently for price drops. We also look online for other cruises. Our PVP never calls us as a result of our online activity. We have received a few e-mails with FAQs, info on new ports (Amber Cove), etc.

I just don't see the need for one, and this way I'm not hounded with annoying phone calls. I'm capable of doing things for myself, in this day and age of technology, the need for a PVP or a travel agent is null.

If dealing direct works for you great:)

We set up some ground rules with ours asking her not to call us unless she has info we need and when we are ready to book we will call her.

Used her now for about 10 cruises and she is one of their best.

Funny listening to stories of bad PVP's. Mine had been great. He doesn't call and hound me. If I don't have a cruise booked he may call when certain promotions come up he knows I'm interested in. As for price drops he had always answered the phone and taken care of it asap.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

will I still be able to make final payment online myself and make any changes or will I then have to go through her for every thing?

Yes, you still have an online account with carnival and it can be accessed by you. I have one cruise currently booked with a PVP and one booked by myself and they look identical on my account. Full access to do whatever you want online.

I have used my pvp for all except my first cruise which I did myself online. She has NEVER called me without first getting an email from me saying I'm ready to book! I find what I want online then email her. This cruise I wanted a cove balcony and it was telling me online that there were only a couple and they were in an area that I didn't want. I gave her the info to book a regular balcony but told her I wanted a cove and which one and that online it said no. She emailed me back and got me a cove 2 doors down from the one I wanted! YAY! When the price dropped she let me know she could upgrade me to a regular balcony at no charge just in case I wanted out of the cove (which I don't) She's awesome!

just for the record, they do not keep cc info "on file"