RCI and OBC

I have an ANZ credit card and get hit with international transaction fees everytime payments are processed by overseas companies, even when the charge is AUD.

I have a 28 degrees card and use that for anything that may be processed overseas.

We've just got a 28 Degrees card which we now use for all overseas payments. I got sick and tired of paying higher and higher fees to Citibank.

Has anyone purchased OBC and used Visa. How much did they hit you with their international transaction fees

If you go to the website for your credit card provider you should find all the fees listed somewhere on there.

I use ANZ visa to pay the deposit on the travel, a sit gets me Travel insurance.

I use 28 degrees for any overseas purchases (no fees) and the Citibank card for cash advances (also no fees).:D

Mic, we do exactly as you......same banks and accounts:p

When you drew out OBC, was that their OBC or some you purchased?

I am only asking as we have purchased quite a bit when it was $1 : $1, when I called RCI to ask if we could withdraw our OBC if unused, he couldn't tell me:rolleyes:

I thought I had read that they transfer it to your credit card.

Chez

Mic, we do exactly as you......same banks and accounts:p

When you drew out OBC, was that their OBC or some you purchased?

I am only asking as we have purchased quite a bit when it was $1 : $1, when I called RCI to ask if we could withdraw our OBC if unused, he couldn't tell me:rolleyes:

I thought I had read that they transfer it to your credit card.

Chez

It was purchased OBC.:D

• 2 months later...

We've just come off Voyager and I withdrew my unused OBC at guest services on the last day. They gave me cash in US which I then used to tip the crew. I'll convert the rest back to Aus and probably have a win since it was pre purchased at RCI rates[emoji4]

Has anyone purchased OBC lately? What rate are they offering?

If I booked with a TA can I just ring myself and purchase still?

Yes you can just call them yourself and gift yourself some OBC. They will give you the rate when you call.:D

We've just come off Voyager and I withdrew my unused OBC at guest services on the last day. They gave me cash in US which I then used to tip the crew. I'll convert the rest back to Aus and probably have a win since it was pre purchased at RCI rates[emoji4]

Nice score.:D