NCL Vs. other lines drastic changes

rydan

Not really a waste at 9pm on a sailing right after Thanksgiving, but whatever - That's your personal problem getting upset over how NCL setup their specialty dining seating.[emoji57]

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Its even more of a waste given this scenario.

No, all that did was bring NCL inline to what was being offered by their competitors, however, NCL decided to add an insanely high price to those who want or need room service. Why should a passenger who is not feeling well have to pay for room service and then a $7.95 delivery fee? Who should a parent who has a disabled child that just wants to stay in the room have to pay that? I think its ridiculous. Family members who sail sometimes with us has a son who has downs, sometimes its just easier, less stressful, and more comfortable for him to be able to get something like he can have back home from the room service menu. He can't go to the buffet to get his own food, he can't go to another venue to get his food, he is not capable of getting it himself. Now my family members are forced to pay a ridiculous price and are now inconvenienced. If one wants to go eat in the MDR, then the other parent has to stay behind with him...that parent has no option to go to the buffet because he can't be left alone. I get where it truly affects people. We like to think the world is this great place, yet you enter a MDR or specialty restaurant with someone who has a noticeable disability and the looks of almost the entire restaurant come your way for the entire length of time your in there (this is true on any line), but NCL is the only one that puts a charge on room service during a normal time of day.

I am pretty sure NCL will accommodate someone with a handicap issue and not charge them for the room service and also ones that are confined to their room because of illness.

Edited by abe3

I am pretty sure NCL will accommodate someone with a handicap issue and not charge them for the room service and also ones that are confined to their room because of illness.

Not without grief and lots of getting the runaround

I don't see it as that way. With this program it is possible they could get the people in and out faster who don't want a full meal. I'm talking the people who used to have to purchase a full meal because that's the way it was sold with appetizers, entrees, and desserts and now can just purchase the courses that they want appetizer & entrée or entrée and dessert or just one of the courses. This would get them in and out much faster allowing more to dine there. I personally like the ala carte option. Especially since I never felt I was getting my money's worth out of since I physically can't eat all those courses in one sitting.

For a family this is accurate.

For a solo person it is not.

Actually, they probably won't. Then they'd have to go on a person to person basis.

Hendricks gave a perfect example of how it effects people. So people who say on here and i quote " are just too lazy to get up and get their own food from the buffet" or "you're on vacation, stop being so lazy and wanting people to wait on you".

Kind of makes you think or at least it makes me think.

Edited by janpo

Wrong - in & out times are extremely longer for a family of 4 while its super short for a soloer.

Thats inaccurate.

But the solo takes up a table from a hungry family or a couple celebrating stuff.

Dreadful but there it is.

I haven't tried them yet since I haven't been onboard since the changes but looking at the menu it is an improvement from previous room service menus. I will find out from family when on board since they will order room service. I will go to cagneys only for breakfast. Can't beat a breakfast in cagneys!

I love Cagney's breakfast too, but I don't always cruise in a suite, even though my name may lead you to believe otherwise. Since you do only cruise in suites, the room service menu will be no use to you as your butler will bring you whatever you want at no charge.

I'll be in a suite a week from tomorrow, and then an inside a month from then. Still won't pay for room service though I will be able to look at the menu in my cabin.

I thought you said you sailed in suites on NCL? In which case the room service fees do not apply. I would imagine it is quite easy to say you don't mind paying for something if in fact you never have to.

Rochelle

I wouldn't mind paying for it, just as I don't mind paying for the specialty restaurants. It is an opinion and mine is that I feel it should be a cost items, since it is a "choice' to have room service. I certainly respect your opinion, if it differs from mine.

Only problem here is while NCL has added "choice" items, they have not lowered fares. In most cases they are much higher than previous years.
My December cruise is less expensive than my last 7 day cruise, so I guess it depends on what time of year you cruise and which cruise you choose.

My December cruise is less expensive than my last 7 day cruise, so I guess it depends on what time of year you cruise and which cruise you choose.

The first 3 weeks of December are usually the cheapest times to cruise along with the 2nd week of January, but i cant get prices even close to those I paid that time last year.

Actually, they probably won't. Then they'd have to go on a person to person basis.

Hendricks gave a perfect example of how it effects people. So people who say on here and i quote " are just too lazy to get up and get their own food from the buffet" or "you're on vacation, stop being so lazy and wanting people to wait on you".

Kind of makes you think or at least it makes me think.

Depends people might take advantage of it like handicap stickers when they are not handicap or a medical dope license but have no problems or need for it except to get high.

The first 3 weeks of December are usually the cheapest times to cruise along with the 2nd week of January, but i cant get prices even close to those I paid that time last year.
Mine is the first week of December and I got a great deal, must just haven been either lucky or just booked it at the right time. It is definitely a perk of being retired, I can go on vacation whenever I would like to go or as I say, my life is a vacation! LOL! Edited by NLH Arizona

Mine is the first week of December and I got a great deal, must just haven been either lucky or just booked it at the right time. It is definitely a perk of being retired, I can go on vacation whenever I would like to go or as I say, my life is a vacation! LOL!

The perks of being retired - can go whenever you want without really worrying about your vacation time off from work, lol.

The perks of being retired - can go whenever you want without really worrying about your vacation time off from work, lol.

I was lucky, when I worked I had 6 weeks vacation, but now I have 52 weeks of vacation. Life is good!

No, you just pissed off that soloer doesn't have compromise with anyone but themselves for dinner. Can easily get a table by themselves or with group up with other people, with or without a reservations. Gets quicker service because they're by themselves - 30-60 minutes is the average time a soloer is in restaurant eating, getting served and out. While the so-called hungry family you're imagining is in there for 90-120, because everyone has to still make up their minds what to eat, pacing themselves while waiting on others to finish up or doggy bagging it.

And really, not my fault or any soloer that the restaurant staff put a person at table for 2 or 4 - that where the staff put me at, that's where I'm dining at, for at least an hour.

Unfortunately solo diners take up tables from hungry families. NCL staff, while having some service issues, are unfortunately the victims of this clumsy selfish program from above their pay grade.

This is a drastic change NCL caused other lines don't have.

I was lucky, when I worked I had 6 weeks vacation, but now I have 52 weeks of vacation. Life is good!

Sigh, I have too many years of work to go through before even thinking of retiring...Yes, life is good - at least I'm still able-body to travel without much problems for now.[emoji1]

I can sure appreciate that :) I own my own company and have wonderful staff so I can go whenever I want as well. That's why I always look at beginning of Dec and after New Years for the deals. Last year I was in a 2 bedroom suite on Epic by myself for $1800 and not through CAS. I put my suitcase in the 2nd bedroom and otherwise never stepped foot in there :)

I thought you said you sailed in suites on NCL? In which case the room service fees do not apply. I would imagine it is quite easy to say you don't mind paying for something if in fact you never have to.

Rochelle

Yeah but let's be honest Suite guests

Pay much more then regular room people do so technically they pay much more for room service lol