NCL Vs. other lines drastic changes

rydan

Again I agree Abe Havana would be awesome, I understand why they think we are the same person we tend to agree a lot lol.

Ha! As a person who has been to Cuba a three occasions I think you will all be very dissapointed when it actually happens. Most of the country that I witnessed would fall into the slum category. I never thought the folks were very friendly, in fact down right cold...... Of course, YMMV.

Ha! As a person who has been to Cuba a three occasions I think you will all be very dissapointed when it actually happens. Most of the country that I witnessed would fall into the slum category. I never thought the folks were very friendly, in fact down right cold...... Of course, YMMV.

When your water, electricity, gas, food is limited by government schedule for 50-something odd years - You'll be a grouch too!!!

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Edited by maywell

When your water, electricity, gas, food is limited by government schedule for 50-something odd years - You'll be a grouch too!!!

Yep. I am sure Cuba still had a tourist industry but from what I have read it paled in comparision to what existed pre-embargo.

Yep. I am sure Cuba still had a tourist industry but from what I have read it paled in comparision to what existed pre-embargo.

Just like other places in the Caribbean, they have beautiful lush resorts that are compounds away from the poorer areas. Most of the tourists only see the poor areas from their buses to/from the airport.

Canadians have been getting great deals to visit there for years, but now that it's opening up to the US, it will be buiser, pricier and most likely a lot of new construction going on there.

Edited by SuiteCruiser

[quote name='Jane Don']Defeatist much? I have personally had a hand in changing laws. Everyday I try to do at least one thing to make the world a better place. Very few days is it grand and most days it is as simple as picking up litter. Apathy is not for me. I would rather take action and fight a good fight, win or lose. Sure, this is not as important or as rewarding as advocating for homeless shelters, but my values require that I take a stand when I see injustice. My vacation time and resources are quite limited and retroactively changing policy is an injustice that eats in to my family's enjoyment. I make great sacrifices all year long to provide an annual trip.

Interestingly, I had a Disney World vacation booked for this Christmas. When Disney laid off 250 IT people and told them they were to work through their severance to train the temporary foreign workers replacing them, I cancelled - and I explained why. I then booked yet another NCL cruise. A week later, Disney cancelled their new IT program. I know my actions matter. And thanks to people with values like mine, 250 people in the Orlando area still have jobs and can pay their mortgage and feed their families. I will vote with my wallet and I will express why. It certainly can't hurt and on rare occasions, it evokes change.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you will find anyone on here that will argue with you that voting with your wallet is not effective, if enough of the people with complaints vote with their wallet. That is what many of us have been saying. If you don't like what NCL is offering or what they did to you, then find a line that is closer to your wants and tell NCL with your wallet. Complaining on here and not putting your money where your words are gets you no where and just becomes repetitive whining by a few to those of us who don't really have an issue with what they are complaining about. But instead of taking us seriously, because most of us who say this do not have that big of an issue with the changes, they call us cheerleaders. IMHO it just makes common sense.

[quote name='jingle5616']Ha! As a person who has been to Cuba a three occasions I think you will all be very dissapointed when it actually happens. Most of the country that I witnessed would fall into the slum category. I never thought the folks were very friendly, in fact down right cold...... Of course, YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Yeah and Roatan even though is a beautiful island it is very poor and have been there many times. Cuba yes it is poor like many Caribbean nations but given time they will be a hot spot for tourism once money from the United States starts to flow again.

[quote name='abe3']Yeah and Roatan even though is a beautiful island it is very poor and have been there many times. Cuba yes it is poor like many Caribbean nations but given time they will be a hot spot for tourism once money from the United States starts to flow again.[/quote]

Cuba is already a tourism hot spot. I've been several times. For Europeans and Canadians, it is the number one choice of destination in the Caribbean. It is less expensive than most others and much safer than places like the DR. The Cuban people are friendly and warm...and poor.

[quote name='jingle5616']Ha! As a person who has been to Cuba a three occasions I think you will all be very dissapointed when it actually happens. Most of the country that I witnessed would fall into the slum category.[/quote]
So you're saying it's like everywhere else in the Caribbean? :)

[quote name='fin']Eight pages earlier I asked if anyone has current email address for NCL CEO.

Anyone?[/QUOTE]

Call the 800 number and see if they will give it to you. And you can tell them your issue. If they won't then I doubt it is that serious of an issue.

[quote name='fin']Eight pages earlier I asked if anyone has current email address for NCL CEO.

Anyone?[/QUOTE]

Kevin Sheehan's was [email]ksheehan@ncl.com[/email], so try [email]fdelrio@ncl.com[/email] unless he's hiding and changed the corporate email structure for our convenience :)

[quote name='SuiteCruiser']Kevin Sheehan's was [EMAIL="ksheehan@ncl.com"]ksheehan@ncl.com[/EMAIL], so try [EMAIL="fdelrio@ncl.com"]fdelrio@ncl.com[/EMAIL] unless he's hiding and changed the corporate email structure for our convenience :)[/quote]

Isn't Andy Stewart (sp?) the NCL CEO; FDR is the NCLH CEO I think?

[quote name='Warm Breezes']I don't think you will find anyone on here that will argue with you that voting with your wallet is not effective, if enough of the people with complaints vote with their wallet. That is what many of us have been saying. If you don't like what NCL is offering or what they did to you, then find a line that is closer to your wants and tell NCL with your wallet. Complaining on here and not putting your money where your words are gets you no where and just becomes repetitive whining by a few to those of us who don't really have an issue with what they are complaining about. But instead of taking us seriously, because most of us who say this do not have that big of an issue with the changes, they call us cheerleaders. IMHO it just makes common sense.[/quote]

I'm sorry, is my strong moral backbone bothering you?

Retroactive changes to a product already paid for are wrong - period. My whole post explained why I voice my opinions and your response is some people don't mind the changes so like it or lump it? Respectfully, you completely missed the point of my post.

[quote name='Jane Don']I'm sorry, is my strong moral backbone bothering you?

Retroactive changes to a product already paid for are wrong - period. My whole post explained why I voice my opinions and your response is some people don't mind the changes so like it or lump it? Respectfully, you completely missed the point of my post.[/QUOTE]

Ah no....Respectfully, I think you completely missed the point of mine. No where did I say "like it or lump it". I said vote with your wallet. Which is basically what you were saying to do too. The only difference is the changes don't bother me so I'm choosing NOT to vote no to NCL with my wallet. I am currently looking to book a cruise on them. My choice on how I spend my money...yours as well. Having said that, I don't believe constantly complaining on this site will help your cause at all. Not like spending your money elsewhere and putting your money where your words are. That's just my opinion of course. Edited by Warm Breezes

[quote name='Warm Breezes']Ah no....Respectfully, I think you completely missed the point of mine. No where did I say "like it or lump it". I said vote with your wallet. Which is basically what you were saying to do too. The only difference is the changes don't bother me so I'm choosing NOT to vote no to NCL with my wallet. I am currently looking to book a cruise on them. My choice on how I spend my money...yours as well. Having said that, I don't believe constantly complaining on this site will help your cause at all. Not like spending your money elsewhere and putting your money where your words are. That's just my opinion of course.[/QUOTE]

Your statement makes a pretty clear definition of the type of crusers Del Rio wants to attract as opposed to those of us he doesn't want to attract.

[quote name='swedish weave']Your statement makes a pretty clear definition of the type of crusers Del Rio wants to attract as opposed to those of us he doesn't want to attract.[/QUOTE]
Guess the 1st DSC increase wasn't a big enough anvil of a clue...

[quote name='swedish weave']Your statement makes a pretty clear definition of the type of crusers Del Rio wants to attract as opposed to those of us he doesn't want to attract.[/QUOTE]

Not my issue. I choose a cruise based on what I want out of a vacation. If NCL has a ship that meets those criteria at a price I am willing to pay, then I am going to choose it for MY vacation. My short list of cruises I am choosing from for this vacation that meet most of my wants include 3 CCL and 2 NCL ships. I don't really care what the cruise line is. I am looking at the ships and what they are currently offering and at what price. If I were to the pull the trigger and purchase right now it would be NCL Getaway. My choice for my vacation. I'm just saying if a cruise line or ship or whatever is not what you want and you find yourself constantly complaining about it then do yourself a favor and spend your money on something you do want. Use your common sense people.

[quote name='Warm Breezes']Not my issue. I choose a cruise based on what I want out of a vacation. If NCL has a ship that meets those criteria at a price I am willing to pay, then I am going to choose it for MY vacation. My short list of cruises I am choosing from for this vacation that meet most of my wants include 3 CCL and 2 NCL ships. I don't really care what the cruise line is. I am looking at the ships and what they are currently offering and at what price. If I were to the pull the trigger and purchase right now it would be NCL Getaway. My choice for my vacation. I'm just saying if a cruise line or ship or whatever is not what you want and you find yourself constantly complaining about it then do yourself a favor and spend your money on something you do want. Use your common sense people.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget that people have cruises past final payment date. Many of those complaints are because the product they've already paid for is changing.