NCL Vs. other lines drastic changes

rydan

Nlh arizona you must be the biggest cheerleader on this board i think

But thats not bad!!!you show to us all how much you love ncl..anyone has his opinions and i totally respect you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Guess I was cheerleading when I disagreed with how NCL is handling the cancelled cruises. Don't love NCL, just like them, just as I like Celebrity and Crystal, but unlike some I have no issues with the current changes. When there is a change that I have an issue with, I won't complain, I'll just stop cruising with NCL. Edited by NLH Arizona

Just as childish for those to call posters that don't have an issue with the changes cheerleaders or accuse them of being shareholders or accuse them of working for NCL just because their experience is different from their own, as you can see the shoe fits both feet. To those folks....please show some respect.

Excellent post!

It's childish to counter post to my factual post that the changes "mean nothing." The changes mean more $$ for my family. Fact. The word cheerleader was not in my post but no matter where I post on the cc NCL boards if ppl are allegedly "complaining" there are others that very vocally "complain about he complainers." If you don't like a post, keep strolling. Stop the posts that imply that there is something wrong with folks who have issues with changes to the vacation that person paid for. I hope those folks who always say "all lines do it, it doesn't matter, no one cares,etc" just keep scrolling instead of jumping in with an arrogant tone of "not me" when others make their valid points. Respect goes both ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by missintuitive

It's childish to counter post to my factual post that the changes "mean nothing." The changes mean more $$ for my family. Fact. The word cheerleader was not in my post but no matter where I post on the cc NCL boards if ppl are allegedly "complaining" there are others that very vocally "complain about he complainers." If you don't like a post, keep strolling. Stop the posts that imply that there is something wrong with folks who have issues with changes to the vacation that person paid for. I hope those folks who always say "all lines do it, it doesn't matter, no one cares,etc" just keep scrolling instead of jumping in with an arrogant tone of "not me" when others make their valid points. Respect goes both ways.

Would you rather the topic only be one sided, since you want those that have no issues to just keep scrolling? You have an issue with the changes and I certainly understand that, but shouldn't folks that don't have an issue be able to post their opinion as well. Just as your issues are valid points to you, those that have no issues feel that their opinions are valid as well. No opinion is right or wrong, just different.

Would you rather the topic only be one sided, since you want those that have no issues to just keep scrolling? You have an issue with the changes and I certainly understand that, but shouldn't folks that don't have an issue be able to post their opinion as well. Just as your issues are valid points to you, those that have no issues feel that their opinions are valid as well. No opinion is right or wrong, just different.

Nicely stated, all people are entitled to an opinion.

However, it is the same handful of people that pop up to say 'This doesn't matter to me'; okay, fine. Then they just keep responding over and over and over to tell people that something doesn't matter (to them). Maybe they are just trying to drown out the valid criticisms by acting as if they are not valid? I can certainly see why some of the changes have little to no impact to people who are sailing solo; the changes in overall costs to them are minor compared to a couple or a family.

I mean once you say something has no impact to you personally, why keep beating the drum? If others want to continue to discuss the ramifications of rapid fire changes to their wallets and vacation experience they should continue without being interrupted by a chorus of dismissive responses.

I'm disappointed that my Tortola port time was reduced. It's going to prevent us from doing an excursion that we wanted to do. I came to this board seeking advice for alternatives, after explaining why the original plans would not work, and there were some helpful people with helpful suggestions, and then there was the same handful of people telling me it doesn't matter and to get over it. It doesn't matter to them. It matters to me. But they don't care. It's all about them and their blind allegiances. And Cruise Critic is still a resource to get helpful ideas and information from others. Belittling others with valid concerns is neither constructive nor friendly.

Just as childish for those to call posters that don't have an issue with the changes cheerleaders or accuse them of being shareholders or accuse them of working for NCL just because their experience is different from their own, as you can see the shoe fits both feet. To those folks....please show some respect.

Exactly

It doesn't have to be one-sided. You have stated over and over again and in different ways that you don't care about the changes. I said keep strolling bc it seems that some have to respond to EVERY post that implies that NCL could have handled things better. If you feel differently you have already stated that 20 times before I even posted. So why jump on every random post to counter the poster. I'm giving real specifics only to have them arrogantly waved away in a rude manner. Why? If it was just one tread then okay but I have observed that this happens daily across multiple treads.

Nicely stated, all people are entitled to an opinion.

However, it is the same handful of people that pop up to say 'This doesn't matter to me'; okay, fine. Then they just keep responding over and over and over to tell people that something doesn't matter (to them). Maybe they are just trying to drown out the valid criticisms by acting as if they are not valid? I can certainly see why some of the changes have little to no impact to people who are sailing solo; the changes in overall costs to them are minor compared to a couple or a family.

I mean once you say something has no impact to you personally, why keep beating the drum? If others want to continue to discuss the ramifications of rapid fire changes to their wallets and vacation experience they should continue without being interrupted by a chorus of dismissive responses.

I'm disappointed that my Tortola port time was reduced. It's going to prevent us from doing an excursion that we wanted to do. I came to this board seeking advice for alternatives, after explaining why the original plans would not work, and there were some helpful people with helpful suggestions, and then there was the same handful of people telling me it doesn't matter and to get over it. It doesn't matter to them. It matters to me. But they don't care. It's all about them and their blind allegiances. And Cruise Critic is still a resource to get helpful ideas and information from others. Belittling others with valid concerns is neither constructive nor friendly.

This! You are echoing my experiences. If it doesn't affect them, why keep beating the drum and piling on?

It doesn't have to be one-sided. You have stated over and over again and in different ways that you don't care about the changes. I said keep strolling bc it seems that some have to respond to EVERY post that implies that NCL could have handled things better. If you feel differently you have already stated that 20 times before I even posted. So why jump on every random post to counter the poster. I'm giving real specifics only to have them arrogantly waved away in a rude manner. Why? If it was just one tread then okay but I have observed that this happens daily across multiple treads.

But what you are not seeing is that it happens on both sides. Some folks post over and over how they have an issue with the changes and jump on every post where someone says they don't have an issue, but that seems to be okay. I understand that you are giving real specifics as they relate to you and if others feel differently, they should be allowed to counter and post how it relates to them. I don't believe that folks should be rude, but, again, that happens on both sides.

BTW, I think everyone agrees on here that NCL should have handled the changes, with regard to announcing them, differently.

I have just learned today that NCL has cancelled a port on my upcoming cruise. I learned about it on CC.

No notification from NCL. No reason given for the cancellation. The change was made AFTER final payment.

Does this matter to me ?? Damn right it does, and I don't care if others think it doesn't matter.

I received emails concerning my port changes for my cruise. I heard about it first in cruise critic so I went to my email and I had one from NCL. not sure why others don't get emails from them about it maybe their email or contract information is different then what they have. Not sure though.

I received emails concerning my port changes for my cruise. I heard about it first in cruise critic so I went to my email and I had one from NCL. not sure why others don't get emails from them about it maybe their email or contract information is different then what they have. Not sure though.

Its either making it way to them via email if they booked directly with NCL or their TA is not keeping up-to-date with their clients as they should. You can also look at MyNCL for the changed port times - that's what I did, wish Tortola time was changed for later arrival / departure, but, oh well...

Edited by maywell

It wasn't just about you, it's about the constant complaining from so many people on a bunch of different things.

I'm finding most of these posts extremely helpful. I want to know what the changes are before I book. NCL - the times are a changing without informing the customers, so without the CC people we wouldn't know what a lot of these changes are. If you don't like the posts, stop complaining and whinging, move on and get off the thread.

I'm finding most of these posts extremely helpful. I want to know what the changes are before I book. NCL - the times are a changing without informing the customers, so without the CC people we wouldn't know what a lot of these changes are. If you don't like the posts, stop complaining and whinging, move on and get off the thread.

Agree! On another thread today, someone posted that their UBP that was part of their perks package for the 12 day cruise they'd booked had turned into "chocolate covered strawberries" because NCL changed their cruise to a 14 day cruise when the CTN was cancelled.

This is one of the craziest things I've ever read in the NCL changes line up. Are the 3 people who post everything is rosy and perfect at NCL going to agree that this is OK? I mean take away an $800 perk and replace it with a $10 one because your 14 day didn't qualify for the UBP...and you changed the 12 to a 14 day cruise????

If I was on that cruise it would have given me the heads up that I need to see what they've been messing with on my reservation. If it weren't for CC others would never have known.

Suitecruiser i am sure that even for this there will be people that will back up ncl and say come in you lost your ubp so what??cruise there and enjoy!!!if this happened to me i would be furious...ncl would lose my business most probably forever and thats a pity since i am 35 years old and i cruise at least two times per year!!!

Edited by backsbanny

Suitecruiser i am sure that even for this there will be people that will back up ncl and say come in you lost your ubp so what??cruise there and enjoy!!!if this happened to me i would be furious...ncl would lose my business most probably forever and thats a pity since i am 35 years old and i cruise at least two times per year!!!

I have sailed three times with NCL , soon to be 4. I will see how this cruise goes. In January when we sailed, all these changes hadn't been implemented yet.

There's been so many changes in such a short time that people can't keep up with all the up charges and cut backs.

NCL customers are not open wallets although it seems a few seem to want to be.

Chocolate covered strawberries are great!!! However, not in place of free UBP. Ridiculous. I read that post also.

Edited by janpo

I have no desire or reason to respect people who feel they must lie and exaggerate to dispute others posts.

You may respect them, but I don't !!!

I know the changes, I just have no problem with them. I like to show the new cruisers that everything isn't gloom and doom on board the ship lol. You're starting that whole thing that if you don't like what's being said on here you should leave, I say the same thing in reverse. If people on here have so much to complain about Ncl then they should find a new cruise line where they won't complain as much

I agree and its insignificant to a lot of people. In reality some people really do just like to complain. Ncl could announce they were giving everybody a million dollars onboard credit and people would complain about the tax on it lol

Tax in my jurisdiction is 13% ! That's $130,000 I'd have to come up with. :p:p:p

I have no desire or reason to respect people who feel they must lie and exaggerate to dispute others posts.

You may respect them, but I don't !!!

Kettle, is that you?

I know the changes, I just have no problem with them. I like to show the new cruisers that everything isn't gloom and doom on board the ship lol. You're starting that whole thing that if you don't like what's being said on here you should leave, I say the same thing in reverse. If people on here have so much to complain about Ncl then they should find a new cruise line where they won't complain as much

When a patient comes in for a treatment at your office and you tell them it is going to be $150; when it is done do you bill them $175 and tell them not to complain or tell anyone else?

I agree about hating the ala carte change. I might as well go to a regular restaurant back home. Norwegian said doing ala carte makes it more Freestyle but I disagree totally. This makes it nothing like Freestyle. Paying one price not having to worry about an expensive bill at the end of the meal is Freestyle. We would normally go to LeBistro and another pay restaurant on the cruise. That is now over. We only be eating at the MDR. I hope Norwegian reconsiders this change. I am beginning to look at other lines and see what is offered. I love that Royal Caribbean does not make everyone in the cabin that is 21 or over purchase the drink package. My wife does not drink at all so this makes me very curious to try RCI again. I do not like the fact that Carnival stopped live bands by the pool. That is one of my favorite things to listen to the band by the pool. I know changes will keep coming, and I usually can go with the flow, but with the number of cruise lines out there, it makes it hard to stay loyal to one line when other cruise lines are offering something a little bit better.

Just my opinion.