NCL Vs. other lines drastic changes

rydan

How about Disney who raises the prices depending on the time of year (when there are more park goers). How about airports who charge more because the flyers are a captive audience. How about sporting venues who charge more because their customers are a captive audience.

Also, I guess NCL is an anomaly and their vendors never raise the prices to them...not.

Raise your prices if you must, but please stop talking about your customers the way you do. I don't think that FDR respects us at all, we're all walking dollar signs, and that is a problem. I would like to be proven wrong, but listening in on those conference calls has solidified that view.

There isn't another cruise line that has more participation of officers and staff than NCL.

Actually, both Celebrity and Crystal have more participation of officers and staff at the meet and greets I've been to on those lines. On Celebrity, they actually send you invitations and I've never been to one where the Captain and all the top officers haven't attended. On Crystal, they not only send you invitations and all top officers including the Captain attend, but have served appetizers and alcoholic drinks.

How about Disney who raises the prices depending on the time of year (when there are more park goers). How about airports who charge more because the flyers are a captive audience. How about sporting venues who charge more because their customers are a captive audience.

Also, I guess NCL is an anomaly and their vendors never raise the prices to them...not.

I don't do any of those things so it doesn't affect me:rolleyes:;).

I do understand how things work, I also understand that Del Rio put his foot in his mouth. All Del Rio has done is lose my customer good will. If he succeeds in turning NCL into an Oceania-lite cruise line then he will have lost my business.

Raise your prices if you must, but please stop talking about your customers the way you do. I don't think that FDR respects us at all, we're all walking dollar signs, and that is a problem. I would like to be proven wrong, but listening in on those conference calls has solidified that view.
The point of my posts was, that all companies that have captive audiences take advantage of that and raise their prices higher than those companies that don't have captive audiences....NCL is no different, so why do folks chastise them for what other company do.

What folks don't understand is that we are walking dollar signs for each and every company in the world and you would probably be surprised about how they talk about those walking dollar signs at their shareholders meetings and how they try to squeeze more $'s out of them.....NCL is no different.

Edited by NLH Arizona

I have been on 23 cruises on NCL, 6 this year, and yes, I've attended the Meet and Greets for many of those 23. What I am saying is that the new management does not value CC like the old management did.

Before FDR, NCL's PR rep would post here, offer to help, etc. That left around the same time that Sheehan did.

Andy Stuart did say that the reversal on bringing food to the rooms was due to Cruise Critic, but it was also in the mainstream media and so ridiculous that it had the public making fun of them.

NCL in the past had always in the past welcomed them with open arms, I just see that changing.

Andy Stuart said was due to customer service complaints AND social media - he mention Cruise Critic in those statements. Social media is not just CC - thats Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, new outlets like USA Today and Yahoo.

I'm sorry but your illustrating exactly why Del Rio is not taking CC forums seriously anymore when it comes to complaints - You think your opinion as being a CC poster is more important and valuable than those that are not posting here. Not me being rude or nasty, that just me stating the facts - you're just a anonymous poster on third-party forum not even own by NCL writing posts about anything. Heck, we all are - but that doesn't makes us royalty or rulers of the cruising world. There's ways to measure the creme-de-creme of the respective cruise lines but it's definitely not from posting here! Heck, couple of news articles actually listed those people!!

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

I do understand how things work, I also understand that Del Rio put his foot in his mouth. All Del Rio has done is lose my customer good will. If he succeeds in turning NCL into an Oceania-lite cruise line then he will have lost my business.

I guess NCL lost your business because it already is...and under the same holding company too.

That is absolutely right. Wish I could of said it like you!

I wish I can like this million times - I wonder how some of them feel getting held hostages at the gas pump, or every time you turn on lights in their homes or counting money when using water to brush teeth - because that worse than what NCL. At least, one can go to another cruise line for better deals - You'll be lucky if some part of your city/town has cheap gas at the pump!

I guess NCL lost your business because it already is...and under the same holding company too.

Other than copying some marketing gimmicks I haven't seen anything to conclude that NCL is anywhere near where Del Rio wants it to be.

What is funny is when some have said that many of the changes on NCL doesn't affect them, they were chastised and told that they should campaign against them, just because they negatively affect others.:rolleyes:

What is funny is when some have said that many of the changes on NCL doesn't affect them, they were chastised and told that they should campaign against them, just because they negatively affect others.:rolleyes:

I be honest - the reason why the changes don't bother me :

1) grandfathered in for DSC for my upcoming trips because I booked early.

2) not really room service person even when I was sick that time, I placed a huge order to make it worthwhile for the tea I wanted to drink. Won't be having that issue anymore with a big insulated travel mug.[emoji4]

3) its Specialty dining - you're either going to dine there or you're just not. A la carte or not - makes no difference, really, in the grand scheme of things when on vacation. There's always croissants and cheese in the buffet.[emoji5]

4) Regarding the port time changes - No offense, when I booked the trips it was for both amenities of ship especially for bad weather AND which stops was good for at least 3-4 hour beach jaunt in the late morning after arriving. Wasn't planning to spend all day at the port stop - that's what flying directly and getting a hotel for a couple of days is there for. [emoji2]

Honestly, to each their own in resolving their situation with NCL - I have none because it could been Carnival / Royal and end result would still be the same. Which is not much of a problem.[emoji1]

Just a short reminder to those who support Del Rio's price gouging and plans to take NCL upscale.

The largest and most successful cruise line in the world is CCL, and they built their business on low prices and providing customers what they want.

CCL now owns most of the upscale cruise lines that have survived AND their survival depends on CCL's management skills.

Edited by swedish weave

Just a short reminder to those who support Del Rio's price gouging and plans to take NCL upscale.

The largest and most successful cruise line in the world is CCL, and they built their business on low prices and providing customers what they want.

CCL now owns most of the upscale cruise lines that have survived.

And now CCLis pulling a page out of Royal's book just like NCL is doing with raising price and no heavy discounting for last-minute trips. Whatever brings money that passengers don't mind or care - is all good.

Edited by maywell

And now CCLis pulling a page out of Royal's book just like NCL is doing with raising price and no heavy discounting for last-minute trips. Whatever brings money that passengers don't mind or care - is all good.

That has nothing to do with CCL being the largest and most successful cruise company in thw world. Perhaps you missed my point.

Perhaps you also missed a comment made by an NCL executive a while back. He said he wished the other lines would stop cutting prices so all of us could make some money. That could be interpreted as price fixing, but that is another story.

Edited by swedish weave

Funny, I have seen the exact opposite "it doesn't affect me so it shouldn't be a big deal to you". C'est la vie.

That has nothing to do with CCL being the largest and most successful cruise company in thw world. Perhaps you missed my point.

Perhaps you also missed a comment made by an NCL executive a while back. He said he wished the other lines would stop cutting prices so all of us could make some money. That could be interpreted as price fixing, but that is another story.

Yes, Carnival and their subsidiaries are so big - they actually blew up the market for a couple of years due to Noro, engine trouble. deaths, an infamous ship sinking. They also, price themselves into a corner with the deep last-minute discounting due to those incidents - it took literally the #2 leader in the market, Royal, to end that by sticking to their guns last year, with NCL following Royal's example this year. Now Carnival is copying Royal example of no deep discounts at last-minute,-Well, lets see if their passengers don't mind the no $500 in total for 2people seven day discount trips. Just saying....

Edited by maywell

Funny, I have seen the exact opposite "it doesn't affect me so it shouldn't be a big deal to you". C'est la vie.

Funny, unlike you, I don't post nor badmouth alot in a forum of a cruise line I have no intention of traveling for years or ever. C'est la vie especially to Carnival. [emoji57]

Edited by maywell

Funny, unlike you, I don't post nor badmouth alot in a forum of a cruise line I have no intention of traveling for years or ever. C'est la vie especially to Carnival. [emoji57]

Oh, so criticizing a cruise line on Cruise Critic is verbotten. Got it. Now I understand. Thanks for clarifying for me.

Motleyfan you dont get it...its not about the money its about that ncl doesnt seem to care anymore for customer experience...they cut everything in favour of the customer while increasing fares service charges etc...some people booked one year ago and since then specialty restaurants have changed dsc has changed bar gratuities have changed no more children discounts for specialty restaurants and so long its just such a big list to keep on...and the worst thing most of these passengers have not been even informed about these changes except for dsc maybe..thats not fair customer service...ncl used to be top notch in communicating with the customer...nowadays there is no communication at all...every single month since march 2015 sth changes

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I like NCL, always had great cruises on them. They did things better then some cruise lines. But they are taking away the good feelings. There fairs are higher or just as high as other lines then you have to add the additional cost of a fun cruise. If you are going to eat in the MDR every night, then why go with NCL.?

I now will cost out my cruise and make my plans according to my wants. Will NCL win ? Who knows

They removed the wait staff from DSC? I never heard that. That would mean we would have to tip all the different wait staff we use.

They removed Specialty restaurant waitstaff from DSC, complimentary waitstaff in MDR/Buffet/O'Sheenan's are still part of it.