Splendor cruise questions

granni10

The Splendor has no sister ship at Carnival. It is actually the sister ship to the Costa Concordia (the one that sank!) When it was being built it was supposed to be another Costa Ship but sometime during the building process it was decided to be a Carnival Ship.

We were on her two years ago and loved her. She doesn't have a lot of the amenities of Carnival's newer ships.

She's similar to the Costa ship, except SPLENDOR's stern is completely different.

Correct. The only difference between the Concordia and the Splendor, aside from the décor, is that the Splendor's aft pool area is open and uncovered, while the Concordia's aft pool was enclosed, and covered with the retractable roof, ala the Conquest Class ships.

Does the Splendor cruise ship have a sister ship in the fleet,also are their shows under the playbook show on board at the main show room? Thanks for any input you can give me.

The late Costa Concordia was the sister ship.

Splendor is the unique one of the fleet now that its sister ship is no more.

MARAPRINCE

It's the same ship that died in the Pacific a few years ago. They helicoptered Spam, water and other provisions. I love the ship, it's laid out easy to get around, big enough and has a great staff. Looking forward to our September sailing!

Glad you enjoyed it!

It is the ugliest thing I have ever seen in real life. Especially the "fried egg blobs" hanging from the ceiling in the Mdr, the pink sparkles and zebra stripes by the elevators and the morrocan themed comedy club....like being in an Austin Powers movie:(...but some people also like the "art" on Carnival ships)....just not for me....doesn't detract from being on a cruise!