Liberty of Seas - Upcoming Cruise

We hated royal Caribbean every experience was a disaster and what's worst they don't care or fix. They offer future cruise credit to ripeoff more money. They only care about scamming more money and revenue. That's the bottomline. Royal Caribbean is a rudeless cut throat money hungry cruise line pretending to be royal to deceive travelers looking for a good time.

Windjammer food looks and taste like leftovers, the free lemonade taste like faucet pipe & unfiltered water, the workers don't wash their hands, customers service is useless liars, manager make empty promises, they overbook by giving gamblers free cruises and their lower deck stink like sewage. Corporate greed. I've never had so many problems on any other vacation.

Well after all my cruises i have never experienced this..... Hater?

Thanks for all your responses. This will be our first time in New York along with all our ports of call so I’m sure it’s going to be an exciting holiday no matter what.

We have been on the Liberty before and did a b2b on the Indy earlier this year so are familiar with the size and layout of the ship. We just felt like we may have missed out on some of its best points, hence my initial question.

I can't comment on the complaint on deck 2, however I have never had an issue with the food being served. When people constantly complain about the quality of food and service it does make me laugh, I know I don’t get meals like that at home every day so I don’t really see it as 'poor', I think people try compare it to a 5 start restaurant service too often.

I don't normally complain but if the food tastes bad or stall and my family and friends get sick afterwards there is definitely something wrong with the windjammer. I was most disgusted from watching the 2 drunk employees running out of the bathroom into the windjammer without washing their hands. Royal Caribbean disgusts me. Too many problems to list here.

Hater of Royal Caribbean after all the disgusting problems my family and friends encountered.

I've been on other cruises which I LOVED but I will never trust Royal Caribbean trash again.

At the Catacombs - not to be missed silent dance hour. You get to wear headphones and have the choice of listening to two diff. DJ's. awesome to watch folk dancing to different music. 18 and over.

Ice show was super. I enjoyed the free sauna and steam room. Late night swimming and movie watching was fun.

The RCCL Liberty of the Seas is a fantastic vessel

Hater of Royal Caribbean after all the disgusting problems my family and friends encountered.

I've been on other cruises which I LOVED but I will never trust Royal Caribbean trash again.

You are best to sail on other cruise lines. You obviously do not like Royal Caribbean. Everyone's experience is different and I'm sure we've all encountered some aspects of what you hate about Royal Caribbean....but some people come back and some don't. Go back to what you love...you'll be happier, and you'll have nicer posts for us to read. :)

We had wine in Vintages and enjoyed our experience there. The wine expert really knew his wines and offered samples to determine what I liked. The California wine experience offered in Chops Grill was NOT what Royal Caribbean website stated. 5 course meal paired with wine. Had I known that I would have skipped and booked the event at Vintages.

Sauvichick....what didn't you like about the California Wine Experience at Chops Grille? I haven't tried Vintages....but saw it advertised in Feb while on Liberty.

Thanks for your opinion! :D

I just returned from the 5 day to Bermuda, on Liberty of the Seas. It was my first time on Royal, but my 4th cruise. I traveled with family, we were 8 in all.

The food was very good in the main dining rooms, and our servers were great. Every night had a nice choice of various meals. The Windjammer was ok for breakfasts and a quick lunch, but we prefer not to eat in the buffet for dinner.

We had a celebration dinner in Chops, and the food and service was impeccable. My daughter had a drink package, I did not, but every drink from every bar (and I think we tried them all!) was perfect. Royal does not skimp on the alcoholic beverages!

The shows were all very good, do not miss the Ice Show! The Saturday Night Fever show was very good, and featured some very talented performers. We also enjoyed the concert by the Journey tribute band, Resurrection. Don't miss them if they are performing on your sailing.

The Promenade is beautiful and a great place to people watch, shop or grab a few treats. The cafe is open 24 hours and features some great light sandwiches for a quick lunch. Try the shrimp salad boats and be sure to leave room for a cheese cake pop!

We loved the ship, the shows and the food. Lots of things to do during the day, or just laze by the pool and do nothing. Lots of nooks and quiet corners with comfortable seating for snoozing or reading.

The down side: While most of the crew members were very helpful and friendly, I found that they are not quite as friendly as another line we usually use. Not a big deal, everyone has a bad day now and then.

I would not recommend Johnny Rockets to anyone! The food is greasy and positively gross, and our server was so RUDE and NASTY we were compelled to report her to Guest Relations. They do take complaints very seriously, and they try to make things right as much as they can.

We had a balcony room on deck 8 and it was quiet and kept very clean all the time. My family had inside rooms overlooking the Promenade and they loved them! Fun to look down on the people, but still quiet and dark for sleeping.

I hope you enjoy your cruise as much as my family and I did!

Enjoy your Canada/NE Cruise and the Liberty!

Love grabbing a Wild Berry Lava Flow and sitting in the Solarium to enjoy it.

Walking the Royal Promenade (early morning or late at night when it's quiet). During the day, grabbing a couple of slices of pizza from Sorrento's and enjoying them with a pint from the Hoof and Claw and people watch.:)

Dinner at Portofinio's (prefer it over Chops).

Definitely seeing the Ice Show.

Topping the evening off with a creamy chocolate martini in the Champagne Lounge.:o

RCCL did compensate us 50% per person for the Bonfire at Snorkel Park excursion that was just awful, and I believe they actually cancelled it for future cruisers.

I just checked my upcoming cruise's "Cruise Planner", and I can confirm it's no longer listed as an option.

I'm going to sail on Liberty for the 14th time this fall. Yes, I love that ship and the crew!!! I happen to be a very choosy cruiser, and I have only great things to say about RCCL and how they treat their guests :)

Enjoy your Canada/NE Cruise and the Liberty!

Love grabbing a Wild Berry Lava Flow and sitting in the Solarium to enjoy it.

During the day, grabbing a couple of slices of pizza from Sorrento's and enjoying them with a pint from the Hoof and Claw and people watch.:)

Wildberry???? I've only tried mango and it's my fav!! Something new to try!!

Can any other NYC pizza snob (yes, it's the best!!) comment on how they find Sorrentos? I know it's not going to be the best ever, but is it passable?

I just checked my upcoming cruise's "Cruise Planner", and I can confirm it's no longer listed as an option.

RCCL just revamped all their excursions. This is the time of year they renegotiate with the tour companies. If they have lots of complaints, they will drop those companies and sign new ones. I'm quite happy with the new excursions offered for our March 2016 Oasis cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't understand people who " hate" a particular cruise line and come to this RCI thread and spew out this kind of response to a post asking about a particular sailing. Is it a personal vendetta against the brand? Fine, complain on a thread with an appropriate topic or go to another line's thread on CC so that you can gleefully compare the disparities. Not that hard ;)

To the OP, we didn't get a drink package last time on Liberty, but it was probably either a moot point being on a port intensive itinerary or they didn't offer it yet. I remember they did offer us a wine package but we only bought two bottles the entire entire week in the MDR so it wasn't worth purchasing at the time.

We did all our excursions through private tours arranged with people we met on our roll call, so can't say anything about excursions. Hope you have a fabulous time. Don't let the few Debbie Downers on this forum make you think RCI is horrible. We've always been impressed with their service and quality, even if things have changed over the years. Every cruise is still as wonderful as the last one.

Edited by cj_one2000

I was hoping for some feedback from cruisers who have been on Liberty or any Freedom class ship recently. I will be taking my girlfriend (we are both 25) on the 9 night Canada & New England cruise later this month, We are both from Scotland so are looking forward to some warmer weather! I have loved all my past cruises before and expect this one to be no different.

I just thought I'd ask what everyone's favorites are on board these ships, i.e. drink, bar, venue, food etc?

We have both ordered the premium drinks package so would be nice to enjoy this along with some later events at night etc.

Cheers

After you get on board go straight to deck 11 to Windjammer's/Jade buffet for lunch. At embarkation go to deck 14 to "Oliver and Twist" bar to have a drink and watch the ship embark away from the dock, or go out on deck and watch it go under the bridge once you are past the great view of NYC...

Go to the art auctions for art prints, great quality prints of works. Talk to the heavier set women (tell her the woman who bought the Thomas Kinkade Lighthouse print sent you). She is extremely art knowledgeable, she is a former art teacher. You will get champagne at the auction and they have raffles for fun. I won one.

Ask for"Bronka" via, Lynsey the art teacher (that's me), and book a massage for a late night on one of the lower costing massage night deals. You have to look for these or ask. She is the best ever and so kind. A real treat to relax and get the stress out.

You have a balcony room. It is so worth the extra. It really is, and so romantic. Nothing like seeing the sun come up from your deck or go out in the middle of the night and see the stars, dark sky and sea all around you. If your room is on the port side you will see NYC right out there in front of you with the World Trade Center towering above all.

Hope you book an extra add-on into NYC for a few days, it will be awesome for you. Before or after the cruise is fine. Go to a Shake Shack in park for dinner one night to people watch and grab a great American burger or hotdog. The fries are really good. Use the buses to get around, a fun way to people watch and easy transportation. Check out the MOMA (Museum Of Modern Art) museum to see Vincent Van Gogh's "Starry Night". There is a sweet cafe there to get a drink or a bite to eat too. There is an amazing Monet waterlilies, giant painting there too. The Whitney Museum is brand new, just opened, and a cool design. If you go to Boston stop and get some food at "The Cheesecake Factory", lots of food and so good. Welcome to New England!!!

Edited by Mollyolly
forgot one thing

Details please!!! :):):)

I have had chocolate martini's before -- always 'clear'. I was totally surprised when asked by Robert (Champagne Lounge btender) if I wanted it creamy??? I thought he was pulling my leg; but went for it. OMG -- it was so delicious. I have no pictures of any of the ones I had, sorry. They were the best chocolate martini's I've ever had. (For Everyone's Info -- I had the Ultimate package on that cruise and it was covered -- at that time.)

We wish you happy cruising...love the Freedom Class. Have a lobster roll for me in one of your ports. We only cruise to palm trees...so know fresh lobster rolls.

We love the promenade, specialty dining and the pub.

All my research off CC and CC --- all said 'you gotta have a lobster roll'. So can't ignore CC suggestions -- I had 4 and loved them all.:):o

Wildberry???? I've only tried mango and it's my fav!! Something new to try!!

Can any other NYC pizza snob (yes, it's the best!!) comment on how they find Sorrentos? I know it's not going to be the best ever, but is it passable?

Dena,

It passable, but barely. If you are really really hungry and are too tired to go anywhere else, then get the pizza. It will fill you up, that's all I am going to say.

Looking forward to meeting you on our cruise in 12 days.

Barb

At the Catacombs - not to be missed silent dance hour. You get to wear headphones and have the choice of listening to two diff. DJ's. awesome to watch folk dancing to different music. 18 and over.

Ice show was super. I enjoyed the free sauna and steam room. Late night swimming and movie watching was fun.

The RCCL Liberty of the Seas is a fantastic vessel

Wow Nancy, long time no see. I guess we have not cruised together in many years, do you remember our Celebrity Cruises?

Hope you have had some wonderful cruising experiences.

Barb

Dena,

It passable, but barely. If you are really really hungry and are too tired to go anywhere else, then get the pizza. It will fill you up, that's all I am going to say.

Looking forward to meeting you on our cruise in 12 days.

Barb

I agree about Serrentos, barely passable.