Go Big, Better, Best - Standard Pricing or a Promotion?

BEAV

I'm of the understanding that Go Big, Go Better, Go Best is the new standard pricing model as opposed to being a promotion. If correct, does that mean Go Big fares are combinable with a promotion such as that advertised by Visa Signature?

Here's what they advertise for Celebrity when paying with a Visa Signature card.

Celebrity Cruises

Offer valid: 1/1/2015 – 12/31/2015

Exceptional values of up to $750

Receive Exceptional values of up to $750 when you pay with your Visa® card.

Savings Include:

Up to $250 shipboard spending credit.

Exceptional Offers savings book ($300 value).

*Savings of up to $200 per stateroom.

*Free Prepaid gratuities (up to a $326.20 value per couple).

Bonus:

Book a Premium Suite and receive one onboard complimentary dinner at a specialty restaurant. Book an Alaska Cruise/Tour and receive a logo fleece vest.

Book a Balcony and receive a Celebrity Cruise logo tote bag.

Terms & Conditions

*Savings & Free Gratuities, Complimentary dinner for two and Complimentary spa treatment offer available on select ships and sail dates of seven nights or longer. *Credit value varies by ship, sail date and cabin category. *[Deleted] reserves the right to determine promotion combinability per incentive. Offer applies to new individual bookings made through [deleted]. Optional insurance is available and recommended. Rates vary by date, are subject to space availability and are in U.S. dollars. Certain sailing dates, including holiday sailings and blackout dates may be excluded. Some restrictions may apply. Coupon has no cash value. Offer is capacity controlled and cannot be combined with any other offer or discount and may be withdrawn at any time without prior notice. Residency restrictions apply. Credit value may be a combination of prepaid gratuities and/or onboard spending credit.

Offer subject to change, and is based on individual merchant's terms and conditions.

Void where prohibited or restricted by law.

Offer valid only when you pay with your Visa card.

Any taxes are the sole responsibility of the purchaser.

Note: I have deleted the reference to the Travel Agency Visa Signature refers you to book through.

Although the terms and conditions state cannot be combined with any other offer or discount (such as residency, senior, etc), is it combinable with Go Big, Go Better, Go Best?

Reports are that the Shareholder Credit is non combinable with BBB, so that evidences it as a promotional rate.

Also, that the starting Go Big comes as part of the starting cabin fare, (like 123 was) and isn't listed as an upcharge, and includes 1 of the perks, also leads evidence that it is a promotional fare.

And finally, that you can elect to waive BBB and instead choose a Senior or other such discount fare, further indicates it is a perk type program.

I'd say you may not be able to combine, unless the Visa program is acting as a TA and is including perks at their expense.

Reports are that the Shareholder Credit is non combinable with BBB, so that evidences it as a promotional rate.

Also, that the starting Go Big comes as part of the starting cabin fare, (like 123 was) and isn't listed as an upcharge, and includes 1 of the perks, also leads evidence that it is a promotional fare.

And finally, that you can elect to waive BBB and instead choose a Senior or other such discount fare, further indicates it is a perk type program.

I'd say you may not be able to combine, unless the Visa program is acting as a TA and is including perks at their expense.

I have a feeling you're right. The one thing that Go Big, Better, Best differs from previous promotions (such as 123GO), is that there is no "book by" or expiration date, leading people like me to believe it's a standard fare and not a promotion. But the fact it excludes inside cabins, cruises of less than 4 days, Transatlantic/Pacific, etc sorta blows the standard pricing theory.

I have a feeling you're right. The one thing that Go Big, Better, Best differs from previous promotions (such as 123GO), is that there is no "book by" or expiration date, leading people like me to believe it's a standard fare and not a promotion. But the fact it excludes inside cabins, cruises of less than 4 days, Transatlantic/Pacific, etc sorta blows the standard pricing theory.

Actually it does have Terms and Conditions, (there's a small link at bottom of the introduction page) that limit dates and timing, among them:

Cruise must be booked on or after July 1, 2015. Offer is capacity controlled: availability varies by sailing and eligible staterooms may sell out. Offer applies to 4-night and longer cruises that depart Oct. 2015 – Apr. 2017. Offer excludes Celebrity Xpedition, Transatlantic, Transpacific, repositioning, Asia, and South America repositioning cruises.

So if you're not a Senior, not a resident of the "right" state, or senior/resident rates aren't being offered on your cruise, your only option is Go Big. But Go Big is also a promotion, which means offers such as that being advertised by Visa Signature are never actually attainable because every Celebrity fare is a promotion? Do I have that right, or am I missing something! ?? !!

So if you're not a Senior, not a resident of the "right" state, or senior/resident rates aren't being offered on your cruise, your only option is Go Big. But Go Big is also a promotion, which means offers such as that being advertised by Visa Signature are never actually attainable because every Celebrity fare is a promotion? Do I have that right, or am I missing something! ?? !!

Sounds right, but Go big isn't applicable on TA, TP, close in bookings, short cruises, inside cabins, after certain capacity controls are hit on other cabins.

Not sure if one can call a TA and ask for a standard non discounted fare or not.

The Visa program is PROBABLY similar to a group booking, but can't be sure unless you try to book it. So you'd book EITHER the visa booking, OR a BBB booking.

Celebrity does general allow "stacking" of perks, pick one program or the other, not both.

Sounds right, but Go big isn't applicable on TA, TP, close in bookings, short cruises, inside cabins, after certain capacity controls are hit on other cabins.

Not sure if one can call a TA and ask for a standard non discounted fare or not.

The Visa program is PROBABLY similar to a group booking, but can't be sure unless you try to book it. So you'd book EITHER the visa booking, OR a BBB booking.

Celebrity does general allow "stacking" of perks, pick one program or the other, not both.

The travel agent answer is no, can't do it. Unless there is a special rate category such as senior ect the lowest price category is go big on ocean-view and above.

as this Visa offer was indicating a specific travel agent my guess is the additional perks are from travel agent rather then celebrity so there is no combine ability issue. Travel agent can give you anything they want up to the 10% limit.

A couple of cruises I am following are not offering the GoBig rates, just standard rates. This is without any senior/resident discounts, etc. They are Med cruises in October. So maybe after FP the BBB doesn't apply either. . .

You may be right about final payment. My October cruise is past FP, has 32% open cabins, yet is offering no perks, but fares plummeted overnight. Inside $299 per person!

Edited by cle-guy

A couple of cruises I am following are not offering the GoBig rates, just standard rates. This is without any senior/resident discounts, etc. They are Med cruises in October. So maybe after FP the BBB doesn't apply either. . .

Very interesting. Since BBB never applied to cruises departing in July, August or September, we're just now past final payment cruises for those early October sailings. I didn't realize the BBB would go away after final payment, but that seems to be the case.

To me, that leaves the door wide open for some serious discounting after final payment, since Celebrity won't be obligated to inflate fares to "subsidize" the BBB perks.

It looks as if Go BBB going away after final payment date isn't necessarily an across the board policy.

The Oct 2 sailing of Reflection, for example, now past final payment date, is offering balconies for $1349 (Exciting Deal) or $2049 under Go Big.

How many days is that cruise?

It looks as if Go BBB going away after final payment date isn't necessarily an across the board policy.

The Oct 2 sailing of Reflection, for example, now past final payment date, is offering balconies for $1349 (Exciting Deal) or $2049 under Go Big.