Ft Lauderdale 1 night for Miami cruise

DeBlonde1

Hi all,

I have been searching threads and haven't found my particular situation addressed yet. I am sure it is here somewhere and will continue to look! :) In the mean time, I hope you can help me with a few recommendations. We are coming into Ft Lauderdale around midnight the night before our Miami cruise. We just need something safe, clean and preferably with a free hotel shuttle from the airport. Any other perks like free breakfast and reasonable prices would be appreciated.

Then, we have about 14 people in our group and want to know the best bet for early transportation to the port of Miami. I would prefer to steer clear from big bus shuttles unless we can take the whole thing up ourselves and arrange a specific time.

Finally, when we return to Ft Lauderdale airport, we will be on a time crunch to catch an 11:30 flight. Will the same transportation company work best or is there a better option?

Thanks all!

www.sunny.org is a good source for FLL area hotels - not sure any will have shuttles running that late? I would call and confirm with the hotel after you have narrowed down your list. Roadway Inn is a budget option that might work for your group who only need a few hours in the room.

With 14 travelling together you should get a reasonable rate/discount - check with SAS, QLS, MJS, Go Airport, John's Car Service, Larry's limos and others often suggested on this board. Unless they have a bigger vehicle you'll just about fill two vans.

The same companies can get you back to FLL for your flight home. for an 11:30 flight you need to be at FLL by about 10 (earlier is better), which translates into loaded and rolling from POM by about 9:00 - carrying your own bags off the ship will help to speed things up and give you some flex in your tight schedule.

www.sunny.org is a good source for FLL area hotels - not sure any will have shuttles running that late? I would call and confirm with the hotel after you have narrowed down your list. Roadway Inn is a budget option that might work for your group who only need a few hours in the room.

With 14 travelling together you should get a reasonable rate/discount - check with SAS, QLS, MJS, Go Airport, John's Car Service, Larry's limos and others often suggested on this board. Unless they have a bigger vehicle you'll just about fill two vans.

The same companies can get you back to FLL for your flight home. for an 11:30 flight you need to be at FLL by about 10 (earlier is better), which translates into loaded and rolling from POM by about 9:00 - carrying your own bags off the ship will help to speed things up and give you some flex in your tight schedule.

Thanks so much, John! Are most of those shuttle companies using the vans or are they using buses that go from hotel to hotel?

Just looked at Alamo for fun - without adding any discounts or membership discounts.

You could rent a 15 passenger van from FLL at midnight and drop it off at MIA at 11am for $154.

They offer a free shuttle from MIA to cruise port.

Like $11 for the each of you is not bad and convenient. Cheaper then what a shuttle would be most likely.

Thanks so much, John! Are most of those shuttle companies using the vans or are they using buses that go from hotel to hotel?

Most of the shuttle companies use large vans holding 10-12+ passengers, but the Alamo deal suggested above sounds great.

Check with your personal auto policy about your coverage - you can usually skip the expensive insurance and waiver add ons. I'm not sure about a personal auto insurance policy covering you if you rent a van that big? :confused:

Just looked at Alamo for fun - without adding any discounts or membership discounts.

You could rent a 15 passenger van from FLL at midnight and drop it off at MIA at 11am for $154.

They offer a free shuttle from MIA to cruise port.

Like $11 for the each of you is not bad and convenient. Cheaper then what a shuttle would be most likely.

Thanks for that idea! Wonder if it would fit all the luggage and the people?