Any Reviews on the Triump?

tobixforever

First time cruiser here and I will be sailing on the Triumph in March, and I just wanted to hear what everyone has to say about the ship.

What events/areas/activities would you recommend (or not recommend)?

What eateries are the best?

What is up with the spa? If I make an appointment for a massage, do I have access to other kinda spa stuffs or do they even have anything like that?

Or I'd just like to hear stories! Tell me anything and everything about the Triumph, because I'm very very excited :D

That wasn't exactly the feedback I was looking for :mad: I was aware of this horrible situation (albeit I didn't find out until after I booked) and despite my claustrophobia and fears I am planning this trip (partly to help me overcome these fears).

See that big rectangle above the thread page? Try clicking Triumph. Or go to the top of each page, in the upper right corner is a search button, print in Triumph, click the magnifier glass and all kinds of threads will come up.

I didn't see those links for each ship at all, or else that would have been the first place I looked :o I feel a little dumb now, but thanks for that :)

I didn't see those links for each ship at all, or else that would have been the first place I looked :o I feel a little dumb now, but thanks for that :)

It's amazing how many questions like yours comes up because they didn't see those 2 sources of information.

Sorry...but you did post "Tell me anything and everything about the Triumph".

That's true, maybe I should have specified that I didn't want to hear about any potential tragedies due to the fact that it might scare me away :eek:

But thanks for the input though, I'm sure if I hadn't already known (and had that in the back of my head every time I think about the cruise) I would have been much less irritated by that reply lol

That's true, maybe I should have specified that I didn't want to hear about any potential tragedies due to the fact that it might scare me away :eek:

But thanks for the input though, I'm sure if I hadn't already known (and had that in the back of my head every time I think about the cruise) I would have been much less irritated by that reply lol

I think that link was uncalled for and irritating, and I'm not even sailing on her.

Hi Tobixforever :)

I've never sailed on the Triumph, but I wanted to drop you a link to some very informative Carnival Triumph 'ship information'.

Once inside you will see many helpful links to click on.

Carnival Triumph:

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/the_fleet/triumph/triumph.ashx

Be sure to click on ship features & public areas.

Have a terrific voyage!

:)

Edited by PortSideCruzan

Hi Tobixforever :)

I've never sailed on the Triumph, but I wanted to drop you a link to some very informative Carnival Triumph 'ship information'.

Once inside you will see many helpful links to click on.

Carnival Triumph:

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/the_fleet/triumph/triumph.ashx

Be sure to click on ship features & public areas.

Have a terrific voyage!

:)

Thank you for that! :D

First time cruiser here and I will be sailing on the Triumph in March, and I just wanted to hear what everyone has to say about the ship.

What events/areas/activities would you recommend (or not recommend)?

What eateries are the best?

What is up with the spa? If I make an appointment for a massage, do I have access to other kinda spa stuffs or do they even have anything like that?

Or I'd just like to hear stories! Tell me anything and everything about the Triumph, because I'm very very excited :D

I sailed on the Triumph in February and I have a cruised booked on the same ship for next January. I thought it was a good ship, showing some signs of wear and outdatedness, but basically fine.

There will be many activities on the ship almost all the time. It's impossible for me to give recommendations on what you should do without knowing what you like to do.

The Triumph does have a Guy's Burger Joint and a BlueIguana Cantina, both of whom receive (mostly) good reviews here and elsewhere. The latter serves tacos and burritos, and you can probably guess what the former specializes in; they also have fries.

tobixforever, don't really have lots to say other than we have sailed on the Triumph twice, once before their mishap and again last summer, put your mind at ease and just enjoy your cruise. We enjoyed both cruises and had no real issues with the ship, only problem last trip was the placement of our cabin, too close to the elevators, however, we booked spur of the moment, a few days before departure, and we didn't have much choice, cabin wise.

Have a great trip.

I cruised on the Triumph in 2013 and we have a cruise booked on her again this coming October. We usually like to do 7 day cruises, but since the Triumph is 30 minutes from our house we sometimes find great deals and book for a quick getaway.

We enjoyed our time on the Triumph and can't wait to get back on in October. Loved eating at Guys Burgers and Blue Iguana during the day.

We were on the Magic back in late October which also sails out of Galveston. We met a gentleman who cruises 4-5 times per year and he said the Triumph is his favorite ship... he said it was non-stop party the whole cruise. He was recently retired so for him, it was his way to spend retirement... cruising and partying. BTW, we saw him kicking it down on the Lido pool area dancing every song. I take his opinion seriously, guy knows how to party!!