!!! Carnival Victory !!! ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!!!

gambee

Oh boy! Another Gambee review! Your review couldn't have come at a better time for me. I am having cruise withdrawal, as I don't have anything planned for this year or next. So I will be cruising with you through this review. Seriously, love all the pictures and narratives, and always value your observations. Thanks for taking the time to post all this; I can only imagine all the work that it takes. And like some other of your followers, it is good to finally see you in a picture. You are as cute as I thought you would be.

Thanks for taking the time and effort into this review, Gambee! I first got hooked on your reviews when I was planning for my Allure of the Seas cruise and have read most of them. I am doing a B2B on the Disney Dream later this year and need to go back and read that review again. I sailed the Victory last year, and while it was not my favorite ship, we had a a really fun time. The TV set-up in that inside room would drive me crazy-how are you supposed to watch TV while you lay in bed? It should be mounted on the wall?

What a great review so far! I can't believe I waded through 18 pages without a break :D

Loved the pics of Nassau. We're going there in April for the first time and it seems like 99% of the pics people post are of the beaches or the resorts. I'm the type that wants to know what the port and the area around it look like, so your pics were perfect!

A funny side note, on our MSC Divina cruise my uncle blew the horn on my aunt's ear and she almost killed him. Those things are incredibly loud!!

Here is the old picture.

untitled-1_zps6flv1tr9.jpg

Back to the review, we were just having a blast.

untitled-2294_zpsewuljtwt.jpg

I don't think I have ever laughed out loud so much reading a review. Your Uncle cracks me up!! You have an adorable family!!

Thank you Gambee for your wonderful review. I love reading & seeing the ships & ports through someone else's eyes. It gives then a whole new look.

Can't wait for more!

Thank you for joining, and commenting. A lot more coming tomorrow, I will most likely finish day 2.

Forgot to add in my last post, but I was wondering why you decided against the Hilton. I was just looking into it last night and was thinking about it as an excursion, but have seen a few negative reviews on Trip Advisor that have me leaning towards not doing it.

I'm glad you felt well enough to stop and take pictures on your way back to the ship! I had forgotten that you found the Starbucks, and I was thinking, how did he do that? I'd probably be curled up on a sidewalk. Good thinking not to report it to anyone. You'd have been quarantined for sure!

Last time we got off the ship in Nassau, we took one of those carriage rides. It was actually nice. The biggest issue were the carriages. The first one I was able to get into, but DH looked at it, and said no way! Then I had to get myself out! The second carriage was somewhat bigger and fit us better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I went on a carriage ride once in NY, but it was at night and the temperature was perfect. I am not entirely sure that I would enjoy one in Nassau, just too hot for my taste. But you never know, never say never, right?

I just started reading your review last night and am finally caught up! I love all you funny stories and your sense or humor. The stories about the spa and the gym literally made me laugh out loud! And the unfortunate story of your eggs benedict....horrible! Looking forward to following along the rest of the cruise, thanks for all you do Gambee!

All true stories :D, that tour was quite fun ;).

Thank you for following, it is greatly appreciated.

Gambee, hey there my friend. So good to see another review from you. I know this is going to be a good one, so I'm ready to get started. Thanks for your wonderful reviews, and taking us on your vacation!!!

Gambee are the jacuzzi's in the Serenity area new...I've never seen the big jacuzzi's like that before on any of the ships. I like that because more people can get in. I don't like the small round ones because they are small, and more kids tend to get in them and just stay in them all day.

I am not really sure if they are new, they do look clean, so it might be a new addition. But quite honestly, most jacuzzis were large on the ship. None of them ever filled up to where I felt uncomfortable. That is exactly why I loved the aft ones, the kids were not allowed in them, and the rule was enforced.

Gorgeous ship. I wonder why they docked it on the cruise ship side? I've never seen yachts on that side, they're always over on the other side. But you got a great view of her since she was docked on the inside.

I have no clue why she docked there, but I was not complaining. I just sat there and watched the crew work on her all morning :)

Oh boy! Another Gambee review! Your review couldn't have come at a better time for me. I am having cruise withdrawal, as I don't have anything planned for this year or next. So I will be cruising with you through this review. Seriously, love all the pictures and narratives, and always value your observations. Thanks for taking the time to post all this; I can only imagine all the work that it takes. And like some other of your followers, it is good to finally see you in a picture. You are as cute as I thought you would be.

Thank you for your kind words, and I am really glad that I can help you with your cruise withdrawals.

It is really nice seeing that most everyone is having as much fun reading it, as I am writing it :)

Thanks for taking the time and effort into this review, Gambee! I first got hooked on your reviews when I was planning for my Allure of the Seas cruise and have read most of them. I am doing a B2B on the Disney Dream later this year and need to go back and read that review again. I sailed the Victory last year, and while it was not my favorite ship, we had a a really fun time. The TV set-up in that inside room would drive me crazy-how are you supposed to watch TV while you lay in bed? It should be mounted on the wall?

You're very welcome, happy to have another follower who has read my other reviews. They really take a lot of work, and seeing that it goes appreciated makes me quite happy ;)

What a great review so far! I can't believe I waded through 18 pages without a break :D

Loved the pics of Nassau. We're going there in April for the first time and it seems like 99% of the pics people post are of the beaches or the resorts. I'm the type that wants to know what the port and the area around it look like, so your pics were perfect!

Forgot to add in my last post, but I was wondering why you decided against the Hilton. I was just looking into it last night and was thinking about it as an excursion, but have seen a few negative reviews on Trip Advisor that have me leaning towards not doing it.

Glad to help with the pictures of Nassau. If you check out my Disney Dream review you will find much more pictures in there as well.

Quiet honestly the Hilton is a great deal. I saw the negative reviews, but most of them were by people who were staying there overnight. The only reason I did not go was because most of the group did not care for it, so it made no sense. But if I go to Nassau again, I think I might give it a try. Well, that is unless I am on a new vessel.

I don't think I have ever laughed out loud so much reading a review. Your Uncle cracks me up!! You have an adorable family!!

He sure is a lot of fun, thank you for your kind words :). I treasure my family.

I am pretty sure I was watching the Nassau webcam the day you were there. I was actually checking out Oasis, as she is the next ship we are scheduled to sail. When I saw your close up pictures of the yacht docked amidst the cruise ships, I recognized it as the same yacht I saw, positioned between the same cruise ships that were in your pictures. I didn't see you, though. I guess I was watching the webcam after you returned to the ship. Besides, it is pretty hard to pick out specific people on the Nassau webcam - especially if you didn't know they were going to be there in the first place!

I am enjoying your review, as always. Keep up the good work!

Really enjoying the latest Gambee review! Yours are the only reviews that I read even if I'm not planning to sail on that ship. I love your pictures and the scores that you give at the end. Please don't cancel your November Escape cruise! I need to read it before my December Escape cruise! :D

This summer sure has a surfeit of riches - reviews by Mitsygirly, GaPearl, Jamman and now Gambee! and Wrigley not too long ago! I 'm in cruising heaven. Your uncle cracks me up! Happy to "see" you as well, and dude, you are looking marvelous!

I agree I am an fan of all, although I don't think I ever read Jamman....I see Gambee are in the pictures too, good to see his face lol

I was not aware of GAPearl review, ill have to go check it out. Thank you for the heads up and for joining this review. A pleasure to have you aboard :)

Was so happy when I spotted a gambee review, know I have something to past my time away as I wait for my cruise... Thank you

My uncle and my aunt telling us about the history of Nassau and their experience on the excursion.

untitled-2325_zpsd1q9zsck.jpg

We just stayed there and enjoyed the jacuzzi.

untitled-2322_zps9hwrmbfw.jpg

Then the Carnival Conquest arrived in port, a bit late if I may say.

untitled-767_zpsc9xowl5x.jpg

We just sat there talking, and eating. I forgot who, but the topic was brought about the smell around the ship. There is a particular smell on the ship. I am not entirely sure to what it is. But my closest bet would be vinegar. It is not a very strong smell, but more of a deep smell. Mom claims it smells like something else, but personally I noted vinegar in it. Mom did tell me that she had read about the smell on other reviews, but she had not told me.

I should also mention my dislike about the CD, Marcelo. Well not dislike, that is kind of a strong word for it. More like indifference, I only saw him once in 5 days, but I heard him about 10 times a day (I know I said 20 earlier, but I think 10 is more like it). He would come on the speakers and sell, sell, sell. It seemed like all he did was sell. Likewise the Funtimes lacked the fun activities that Carnival is famous for. During our last Sea Day, there was barely an activity in the FunTimes that I would consider fun. I am sure many might like him, but personally I just think he could do much better. I heard a little of the love and marriage show, and he even seemed to struggle to connect with the audience. Just my personal opinion.

Anyway, we just sat there and then my mom pointed to the Oasis of the Seas. There was a family staying in a suite, and one girl climbed on the foot stool on the balcony.

This is why people fall from ships! I cannot believe the lack of responsibility from the parents part.

untitled-768_zpsubwqe7dl.jpg

After we all ate, we decided to go for a walk around the ship. And maybe explore areas that I had missed. Quite honestly, the ship can be toured fast. Everything to see is basically in 3, maybe 4 decks.

Some people having fun on the Flow Rider.

untitled-769_zpscykhwmpa.jpg

untitled-770_zpsuvmfkfgf.jpg

Then Oasis started leaving port. I believe I have commented on this before on some of my other reviews. But I guess I can say it again. The Eastern itinerary on the Oasis class ships could use some updating. You all know that I am not fond of Nassau, however, even then the Oasis only stays here from 8am-2pm. That really does not allow you much time to do anything, unless you wake up super early. There was a couple from the Oasis on my uncle’s tour, and he said that they were always really nervous about missing the ship.

untitled-772_zpszik0j81i.jpg

untitled-774_zpsvhh55wkj.jpg

untitled-775_zpssj7m2fqd.jpg