!!! Carnival Victory !!! ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!!!

gambee

untitled-108_zps7gmwmbhf.jpg

untitled-110_zps0yv4eww3.jpg

untitled-112_zpsqe0m5ng1.jpg

untitled-111_zpswpmvfqlx.jpg

The A/C system is great as well. It reacts quickly and maintains temperatures steady. I found that during the day I lowered to it 4 blue dots, and at night I raised it to 1 blue dot.

untitled-113_zpsbzxzh2dw.jpg

The entrance hallway with a bunch of storage to the left. It was quite funny. Quite a few times I went looking for the bathroom in the hallway as it is usual with most rooms.

untitled-115_zpsrppekgns.jpg

untitled-114_zpszbbaqnge.jpg

I have never been a fan of Carnival bathrooms, they just don’t look up to par with the rest of the industry. And the pink color scheme adds years of age, even if it does not reflect that age. That said the bathroom was very functional, with very hot water at all times, and great water pressure.

untitled-97_zpsglkfwu9o.jpg

untitled-100_zpsq41stice.jpg

untitled-99_zpsks97bkpy.jpg

untitled-98_zps3ce73msj.jpg

untitled-101_zpsfxas0vii.jpg

Here is the killer feature of the room, the balcony. IT WAS HUMONGOUS!!!! It is beyond me why people don’t book these rooms faster. When I booked the cruise, most of them were still available. The only downside to this room is that we were directly above a loud venue, and you could hear the vibrations late at night. To be honest, it did not bother me at all. You will never hear noise from the crew stairs either.

untitled-106_zpsxhzutypq.jpg

The other room was almost directly across from my room, so it was very convenient for them to access the room whenever they just wanted to relax on the balcony. This was a basic inside stateroom. Originally I was going to sleep with my mom, and the rest of the party in the other room. But my mom wanted to sleep with them, so my uncle and I sleep on the balcony room.

The inside room was kind of small, I think I’ve been spoiled by balcony rooms. My aunt actually had issues with claustrophobia in that room. I offered her to sleep in the big room, but she declined. The only pro that the interior room had, was that the TV was updated.

untitled-149_zpsuzt2wwgi.jpg

untitled-119_zpsue7gghnh.jpg

untitled-118_zpsy5asfbw3.jpg

untitled-117_zpsl0bsal4p.jpg

Yay!!! I'm excited to read your review especially since I took the plunge and booked a carnival cruise for next summer in Europe...

Which ship did you book? I've been wanting to do Europe, but it is just so costly.

Looking forward to another Gambee review. We sailed on the Victory as our first cruise and enjoyed it. Our itinerary was awesome... Keep 'em coming...

Our itinerary was really cool as well. Thank you for tagging along :)

Hello Gambee & Gambee's Mom!:)

Just stumbled across this review by chance and can't wait to dive in to it. Your cruise reviews are one of the best forms of entertainment on dry land. So happy for you to be able to do this cruise. I check your website on a semi-regular basis and didn't see it listed as a "coming soon".

Ellen

Well hello Ellen, you are right, I never posted the "upcoming cruise" on the site. Not entirely sure why. Once again thank you for commenting and joining, it is always a pleasure to have you aboard here :)

I will probably never sail on this ship but I am going to follow anyway! :) Love your blog, I have already learned alot from it as I prepare for my second cruise.

There is always something to learn, maybe port wise? And remember never say never ;), you just never know. What if you won a cruise aboard?

Anyway, thank you for joining and commenting :)

Gambee!!!!!!!!!:D:D

You are back!!!!

BEYOND excited to see your review!

Nice to finally SEE you!!!! Beautiful family picture.:D

Patiently (ok, maybe not) waiting for more.:D

Glad you liked the picture, I am selecting a few more to share :)

untitled-132_zpsbyggfte5.jpg

untitled-133_zpsy3kuonqm.jpg

untitled-134_zpswgogvup1.jpg

untitled-135_zpsue0shmuw.jpg

We decided to pop open a bottle of wine and enjoy it on the balcony. We each brought a bottle of wine, and a bunch of cokes. I also brought some red bull.

Mom's favorite wine, not my cup of tea, but it would have to do =)

untitled-137_zpsboquu82d.jpg

Cheers! Just look at the size of that balcony, and remember the price was the same of the lowest grade balcony. The only thing missing there was a lounger, which I meant to get, but for some reason never got around doing so.

Love the reflection on that picture! LOVE MY GOPRO! Keep in mind the colors are manipulated a little. I more than happy to share my Lightroom presets for those interested

untitled-2279_zpsqtcxdezb.jpg

This is always an amazing view.

untitled-142_zpsys711vwt.jpg

untitled-145_zpsxmens3px.jpg

We sat there for a little while, talking and whatnot. Mom was still in full force since her iPad still had a cell signal. It was just some fun times there, enjoying the oversized balcony, and getting to know the rooms better. Oh, by the way, no mini fridge either. So you have to fully depend on ice.

untitled-146_zpsr14pqpub.jpg

After some time had passed, I suggested we go and start touring the ship a little. I still had to see the spa and kids club. Since we were on deck 6, we only had to go down one deck to the main deck with the clubs and bars. We took a little stroll there.

My uncle decided to try one of his many gags that he brought on board the ship. Yup, I said many. I think his entire bag was full of them. Those glasses were to die for, especially when he moved the eyeballs moved all around the glasses. It was beyond funny. We were all cracking up.

untitled-151_zpsmdtkahlh.jpg

untitled-163_zpsbdaznlcn.jpg

untitled-164_zpsdg0xlscn.jpg

untitled-160_zpsqmdcsiye.jpg

PONDERING ABOUT LIFE.

untitled-162_zpsoxplewwm.jpg

Piano bar. For some reason the Victory did not pull the crowds that the Breeze pulled into the piano bar. I am not a fan, but each time I walked by I only saw a few people there. On the Breeze you had to wait a long time for a seat. I think its because the venue on the Victory was enclosed, while on the Breeze is fully open and it just blends in.

untitled-166_zpswiwdbwzc.jpg

untitled-168_zpsmiriqihz.jpg

untitled-167_zpsjhqdjoh4.jpg

untitled-165_zpso5xctcbb.jpg

untitled-170_zpsajgspqgm.jpg

Anyone wants to buy picture of Cecil the lion? :D Joke aside, I am an animal activist. I was quite saddened by the death of such a magnificent creature.

untitled-169_zpsuqjxebys.jpg

Edited by gambee

Adriatic Lounge, here is where they have all the Karaoke, comedy shows and such. It is quite large and holds a multitude of people. If I am correct this is right below our room. Very nice venue, and comfortable.

untitled-171_zpsbjnftumw.jpg

untitled-172_zps3dqwwm08.jpg

untitled-173_zps1qgpxq5a.jpg

untitled-174_zpseeeszgi6.jpg

untitled-177_zpsm3dxoshx.jpg

And I thought this was just going to be another boring old Friday at work. Then I find a Gambee review! Glad to see you back with a new review! Things are shaping up really good the past few weeks. First a review by GAPearl (Kim) where she was first in the Red Frog on her cruise (which made her a minor celebrity) and now a new one from you!

I hope all is well with you and I await more of your awesome review of the Victory! :)