!!! Carnival Victory !!! ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!!!

gambee

Guess who's back, back again GAMBEE's back, tell a friend

Great to see another fabulous review of yours! That balcony is spectacular.. Your pictures are exquisite, as usual

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for joining. I never gave the cables much thought, I was just happy to see a new generation TV in that room vs the dinosaurs in my room :D

I find it weird that it's so low on the table, used to the tv's being up high on the shelf!

Edited by aztekpm

I find it weird that it's so low on the table, used to the tv's being up high on the shelf!

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Maybe it's time for a drydock.

Edited by Kcarp

This summer sure has a surfeit of riches - reviews by Mitsygirly, GaPearl, Jamman and now Gambee! and Wrigley not too long ago! I 'm in cruising heaven. Your uncle cracks me up! Happy to "see" you as well, and dude, you are looking marvelous!

We are cruising on the Victory a week from tomorrow, so I am very much looking forward to more within the next 7 days. This will be our second time on this ship, we sailed when she was brand-smacking new! I too have been sailing more of the newer, bigger ships lately, on different lines, and 102,000 tons, which was not small a few years ago, now, in comparison, seems small. Still not small by any means. Other than the newer Carnival ships, all the older CCL ships have the same problem with buffet lines. Fortunately, for us, we never return to the buffet after embarkation day, maybe only for some early morning coffee. I HATE to stand in line for anything. I'd rather starve! LOL

Yeah the buffet sure was an issue, but there are ways around the line, you just have to be smart about it. I hope you have a wonder cruise :)

I am enjoying your review of the Victory. And it comes with great timing for me; since I am going on the Victory in October. This will be the first time I do less than 7 day cruise, but for me also, it was this, or no cruise this year. I am looking forward to more of your review and your excellent photos. Thanks so much for posting:)

Any cruise is better than no cruise, we had a great time aboard the ship and I am sure you will as well. Thank you for sharing and posting :), I always appreciate that.

The Victory will always hold a special place in my heart, because it is the first ship my wife-to-be (57 days) and I took our first cruise.

I was on her last year, and we both had an extremely wonderful time. I actually really like the tiered Lido deck, because it means everyone isn't on top of each other on one deck.

We didn't get to experience the Serenity area, sadly, because by 8am it was over run with CHAIR HOGS!

Though I had the same experience you did with the piano bar. It was never really busy. We could easily get a seat, which I thought was odd.

For our honeymoon we'll be on the Conquest, which has 2.0 upgrades, which we are looking forward to trying out :)

There you go, tiered lido deck. I knew there was a better word than ascending deck, thank you. I guess you're right, like I said I never used the area and thus I would have never noticed that benefit.

Chair hogs sure were an issue in the AFT pool on the sea day, other than that it was fairly easy to get a chair. The Serenity area did look quite small for a ship that size, I can only imagine how crowded it can get.

Have a great cruise aboard the Conquest, and thank you for input :)

Following along with your review. Can't wait to see the rest. I have loved all of your reviews! Wish more people would do reviews like yours, but I understand there is a lot that goes into writing these in depth reviews. Thank you and can't wait to see more of your review!

They definitely require a lot of work. Even if you're like me and have a system, there is still much work to do. From setting it up to all the writing and editing, it is not for everyone. But enjoy the process and love the end result, it is all about having the most fun possible with them. Thank you for following and expressing your thoughts :)

OHHHH MYYYYY GODDDDD I'm so excited that I logged on today to see a new Gambee review! :D I'm only through the first page but loving this already. I agree about the pizza place. It seems to not matter the ship, but there is ALWAYS a line there and only 1 person working, maybe 2 if you're lucky. I hope Carnival will start to consider putting a couple of extra people working there in the future. I love that you got to board VIP just cause the guy was flirting with you lol. Ok now I'm going on to page 2. :p

I could not get over that, why only 1 person and 15 people in line. Every time I wanted a slice that was the case. Thankfully, my family did the line for me and got a few slices. The only other way was to sit in the jaccuzi staring at the line, and then run like crazy once it decreased to 3-5 people. I did that a few times :D, I know not safe on the slippery deck. We all know what happens when you slip there, like mom did on the last cruise.

Will be interested to see your take on Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk. I've been to both and enjoyed them a lot

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

You will have to wait my friend :). I was not aware you had gone there already, aboard which cruise line?

My DH and I booked one of these rooms on the Freedom. LOVED IT! I have an upcoming cruise on the Sunshine in 3 weeks with a friend and we booked the same type of room. Lots of storage and big balcony. Like you said, not sure why they don't sell our earlier.

I will always wonder that. Those rooms would be sold out if more people like me existed. Balconies are my selling point. The closet space not as necessary, you will soon get to see my closet :D

Hi Gambee,

Looking forward to your review. I sailed on Victory 4 times during her first year in service and your pictures bring back some fun memories. Back then she was very modern and I still see just as colorful. Hard to believe it was 15 years ago:eek:

Love the Go-Pro, thinking of getting one myself, the pics and video are just amazing.

I highly recommend the GoPro, it took me years to get a system. But I finally gave in and decided to buy one. And It does not matter what people say about monopods, they are one of the most useful tools I have ever used in photography. Although, I have to say that I would not get one for my cellphone. The true trick of the monopod is with a superwide angle lens like the one on the GoPro.

I gotta say when I first stumbled across your reviews, I was hooked and spent many hours going through all of them, then I sort of went through withdrawal. So happy to see this one.

Welcome aboard, happy to help with your withdrawals :).

I'm so happy for another review from you and to see you and your lovely family!

Thank you for following along :)

Hey Gambee!! It's GREAT to see another review from you! I haven't been on the Victory since 2000, when she was brand new. She looks to be in pretty good shape.

Looking forward to your take on Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay, two of my favorite ports of call.

I'm off to reread your Breeze review. We board her tomorrow!:)

Have a great cruise, I absolutely love the Breeze, one of my favs.

YAY!! Another Gambee review. I followed along with some of your FB pics and have been anxiously awaiting the formal review!! :D

It's so nice to see you having fun and making memories with your family. That's truly what matters in life.

I have to agree with you about Carnival's older ships though. I have been on a few Carnival ships and always had a good time with a great crew but their ships are just not attractive in terms of decor...especially when compared to other lines. I'm glad to see they are stepping it up with the newer ships though.

Yup, that was very much my thought on the decor. But this is something that I knew before boarding the ship, so maybe that is why it did not bother me that much. I can actually see many things that have improved from the Victory to the Breeze, it is really cool to see how a company evolves to satisfy the most people as possible.

Thank you for commenting, and showing your support. I truly appreciate it :)

Guess who's back, back again GAMBEE's back, tell a friend

Great to see another fabulous review of yours! That balcony is spectacular.. Your pictures are exquisite, as usual

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for the kind comment, glad you're loving the so far :). Much more to come!

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Maybe it's time for a drydock.

I wonder when her drydock is due, there is certainly much work to be done. I never used the TV, but I can completely see how this could be an annoying issue. Quite honestly, I rarely used my tv, mainly because the sound and picture quality was absolutely horrible. Well, that and I had no time to watch it :D

Signing on so I can read the rest!

Thank you for joining :)

This summer sure has a surfeit of riches - reviews by Mitsygirly, GaPearl, Jamman and now Gambee! and Wrigley not too long ago! I 'm in cruising heaven. Your uncle cracks me up! Happy to "see" you as well, and dude, you are looking marvelous!

Mom told about Mitsygirly, I have to go check out her review. They are always so much fun.

Thank you for the kind comment, you flatter me :o :)

Yeah, I' so excited for another Gambee review!!

I know absolutely nothing about the Victory, so I'm glad to see this review since she's moving to Port Canaveral next year and would be our option if we decide to do a 4 day cruise with 3 days at Disney. I will admit, the Breeze spoiled me as well, but I'm trying to keep an open mind about other ships because we just love to cruise and love Carnival. :)

LOVE that balcony, it is amazing!

Wonderful to see you back, Gambee, with another great review! :) Your uncle looks like a lot of fun to travel with, and it's nice to see you and your family, too. :D

Heather

Well hello Heather, nice to see that you made it here. You have always been a great supporter of my work. Thank you for commenting and the nice words. And yes, my uncle sure is a blast to travel with :rolleyes::D:)

Yeah, I' so excited for another Gambee review!!

I know absolutely nothing about the Victory, so I'm glad to see this review since she's moving to Port Canaveral next year and would be our option if we decide to do a 4 day cruise with 3 days at Disney. I will admit, the Breeze spoiled me as well, but I'm trying to keep an open mind about other ships because we just love to cruise and love Carnival. :)

LOVE that balcony, it is amazing!

Welcome aboard, this review will sure give you a good inside into what that cruise could be for you. Like you said, the Breeze is in a different league, but the Victory has plenty to offer at a good price.

Thank you for posting :)

Sorry that I did not post any more today, I had some unexpected errands and they ate up my day. I am almost done with the next set, I am just missing some finishing touches. I plan on posting it early tomorrow, stay in touch :)