!!! Carnival Victory !!! ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!!!

gambee

Gambee!!! So happy to see you back with another review! :) I'm really enjoying your review and love the pictures you have of Victory. For some reason, I've always wanted to sail on Victory and it might have to do with her "sea theme" décor, I love the ocean. We'll be sailing on Liberty out of San Juan on the southern itinerary this September. I know Victory is headed back to San Juan in 2016 to take over that route again, but my DH mentioned "cruise" again and didn't want to wait until 2016. :D We will sail on her one of these days but in the meantime, I enjoy the reviews. Even though we have a cruise to get ready for, I'll be following along on your review and really looking forward to the rest. I love your writing style and the beautiful pictures you take. I can't wait to see what else is in your Uncle's bag of tricks and also love the pictures you got of the cars that were racing around Miami, I'd have enjoyed seeing (and hearing) that. Thank you for taking the time.

Edited by pghsteelerfan

And I thought this was just going to be another boring old Friday at work. Then I find a Gambee review! Glad to see you back with a new review! Things are shaping up really good the past few weeks. First a review by GAPearl (Kim) where she was first in the Red Frog on her cruise (which made her a minor celebrity) and now a new one from you!

I hope all is well with you and I await more of your awesome review of the Victory! :)

I was not aware of GAPearl review, ill have to go check it out. Thank you for the heads up and for joining this review. A pleasure to have you aboard :)

Really enjoying your review so far, as usual.

But one question - what the heck is that thing on the bathroom wall? Looks like a vacuum cleaner!

Thank you :)

Surely I would never use such a device, getting my vacuumed does not seem to help my balding.

Following along. Love your reviews. The disco reminds me of a strip club...so I've heard 😏

Lol, I guess, I never gave it much thought. And then there is that little window that you can look through... lol

Really enjoying reliving the Victory with your pictures. We sailed her July 30th. We totally agree with your review of the buffet line situation. It was not user friendly. Glad to see we are not the only ones who feel this way.

We went to the piano bar two nights, and it has a damp, dark feel to it. I think many people walked by without knowing it was even there because of it being enclosed. They also did not have non-alcoholic beer in there. It was never crowded, and no one was singing along. It was my first experience in a piano bar, and I thought it would be more energetic!

Looking forward to your continuing perspective.

This looks so strange to me. A tv on a table with all the wires? Weird. Glad to be reading your actual review! I had fun following along on facebook!

Thank you for joining. I never gave the cables much thought, I was just happy to see a new generation TV in that room vs the dinosaurs in my room :D

Edited by gambee

Gambee!!! So happy to see you back with another review! :) I'm really enjoying your review and love the pictures you have of Victory. For some reason, I've always wanted to sail on Victory and it might have to do with her "sea theme" décor, I love the ocean. We'll be sailing on Liberty out of San Juan on the southern itinerary this September. I know Victory is headed back to San Juan in 2016 to take over that route again, but my DH mentioned "cruise" again and didn't want to wait until 2016. :D We will sail on her one of these days but in the meantime, I enjoy the reviews. Even though we have a cruise to get ready for, I'll be following along on your review and really looking forward to the rest. I love your writing style and the beautiful pictures you take. I can't wait to see what else is in your Uncle's bag of tricks and also love the pictures you got of the cars that were racing around Miami, I'd have enjoyed seeing (and hearing) that. Thank you for taking the time.

So it's a Sea Decor, and here I am calling it Goth decor. I guess I was way off, lol. Thank you for commenting and joining the review, hopefully you will get to sail next time she heads to San Juan. That itinerary is one that I would be thrilled to try out.

Right? I was trying to climb a fence just to get the pictures of the cars. I know, not very safe at 9 floors from the ground :D. Glad you liked them and they were worth it. I try my best to capture every second of the trip.

Really enjoying reliving the Victory with your pictures. We sailed her July 30th. We totally agree with your review of the buffet line situation. It was not user friendly. Glad to see we are not the only ones who feel this way.

We went to the piano bar two nights, and it has a damp, dark feel to it. I think many people walked by without knowing it was even there because of it being enclosed. They also did not have non-alcoholic beer in there. It was never crowded, and no one was singing along. It was my first experience in a piano bar, and I thought it would be more energetic!

Looking forward to your continuing perspective.

You seem to confirm everything that we experience, it is a shame to have that piano bar so hidden back there. When we walked once, you could see the piano looking at us with that face begging us to go in. I am sure he gets desperate for a crowd there.

Thank you for commenting and following, glad to have you here.

We are cruising on the Victory a week from tomorrow, so I am very much looking forward to more within the next 7 days. This will be our second time on this ship, we sailed when she was brand-smacking new! I too have been sailing more of the newer, bigger ships lately, on different lines, and 102,000 tons, which was not small a few years ago, now, in comparison, seems small. Still not small by any means. Other than the newer Carnival ships, all the older CCL ships have the same problem with buffet lines. Fortunately, for us, we never return to the buffet after embarkation day, maybe only for some early morning coffee. I HATE to stand in line for anything. I'd rather starve! LOL

I am enjoying your review of the Victory. And it comes with great timing for me; since I am going on the Victory in October. This will be the first time I do less than 7 day cruise, but for me also, it was this, or no cruise this year. I am looking forward to more of your review and your excellent photos. Thanks so much for posting:)

The Victory will always hold a special place in my heart, because it is the first ship my wife-to-be (57 days) and I took our first cruise.

I was on her last year, and we both had an extremely wonderful time. I actually really like the tiered Lido deck, because it means everyone isn't on top of each other on one deck.

We didn't get to experience the Serenity area, sadly, because by 8am it was over run with CHAIR HOGS!

Though I had the same experience you did with the piano bar. It was never really busy. We could easily get a seat, which I thought was odd.

For our honeymoon we'll be on the Conquest, which has 2.0 upgrades, which we are looking forward to trying out :)

Following along with your review. Can't wait to see the rest. I have loved all of your reviews! Wish more people would do reviews like yours, but I understand there is a lot that goes into writing these in depth reviews. Thank you and can't wait to see more of your review!

OHHHH MYYYYY GODDDDD I'm so excited that I logged on today to see a new Gambee review! :D I'm only through the first page but loving this already. I agree about the pizza place. It seems to not matter the ship, but there is ALWAYS a line there and only 1 person working, maybe 2 if you're lucky. I hope Carnival will start to consider putting a couple of extra people working there in the future. I love that you got to board VIP just cause the guy was flirting with you lol. Ok now I'm going on to page 2. :p

untitled-114_zpszbbaqnge.jpg

I have never been a fan of Carnival bathrooms, they just don’t look up to par with the rest of the industry. And the pink color scheme adds years of age, even if it does not reflect that age. That said the bathroom was very functional, with very hot water at all times, and great water pressure.

untitled-97_zpsglkfwu9o.jpg

untitled-100_zpsq41stice.jpg

untitled-99_zpsks97bkpy.jpg

untitled-98_zps3ce73msj.jpg

untitled-101_zpsfxas0vii.jpg

My DH and I booked one of these rooms on the Freedom. LOVED IT! I have an upcoming cruise on the Sunshine in 3 weeks with a friend and we booked the same type of room. Lots of storage and big balcony. Like you said, not sure why they don't sell our earlier.

Hi Gambee,

Looking forward to your review. I sailed on Victory 4 times during her first year in service and your pictures bring back some fun memories. Back then she was very modern and I still see just as colorful. Hard to believe it was 15 years ago:eek:

Love the Go-Pro, thinking of getting one myself, the pics and video are just amazing.

untitled-132_zpsbyggfte5.jpg

untitled-133_zpsy3kuonqm.jpg

untitled-134_zpswgogvup1.jpg

untitled-135_zpsue0shmuw.jpg

We decided to pop open a bottle of wine and enjoy it on the balcony. We each brought a bottle of wine, and a bunch of cokes. I also brought some red bull.

Mom's favorite wine, not my cup of tea, but it would have to do =)

untitled-137_zpsboquu82d.jpg

Cheers! Just look at the size of that balcony, and remember the price was the same of the lowest grade balcony. The only thing missing there was a lounger, which I meant to get, but for some reason never got around doing so.

Love the reflection on that picture! LOVE MY GOPRO! Keep in mind the colors are manipulated a little. I more than happy to share my Lightroom presets for those interested

untitled-2279_zpsqtcxdezb.jpg

I'm so happy for another review from you and to see you and your lovely family!

Hey Gambee!! It's GREAT to see another review from you! I haven't been on the Victory since 2000, when she was brand new. She looks to be in pretty good shape.

Looking forward to your take on Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay, two of my favorite ports of call.

I'm off to reread your Breeze review. We board her tomorrow!:)

YAY!! Another Gambee review. I followed along with some of your FB pics and have been anxiously awaiting the formal review!! :D

It's so nice to see you having fun and making memories with your family. That's truly what matters in life.

I have to agree with you about Carnival's older ships though. I have been on a few Carnival ships and always had a good time with a great crew but their ships are just not attractive in terms of decor...especially when compared to other lines. I'm glad to see they are stepping it up with the newer ships though.