The best Aft Balcony on Adventure is.... ?

Just got off the ship this past Saturday:( and just loved my balcony!! We were on the Aruba route and we would come back and sit out there before dinner, before bed, in the morning with room service...you get the idea. My daughter loved the lounge chairs and even on sea days it was so nice to come back, shower and sit on the lounger with a glass of wine. We were traveling with 13 people and had our own sail away one afternoon...and all of us fit without feeling too crowded!! The super structure to me wasn't that noticable and the side port holes added a side view and still felt very private

We've had hump balconys, regular balcony's, suite balcony's and hands down for this category this is my favorite...

I will be in that balcony room next September for our honeymoon cruise!! Cant wait!!:D

Here is another vote for 7688! We had it on the Navigator last September and have it again for the September 5th sailing on the Adventure next week. Before the last cruise I picked up a cheap hammock at Walmart like the picture you see in this thread and hung it up. It was amazing to take a nap out there in the afternoon or evening. Ditto on the great views out the side through the giant porthole as well as the good views of the wake out the back.

Any aft is nice but for 1688 great room, just watch the beam on the balcony. It is not real bad but it will get you if you do not Adventure1688.jpg.fa791d440cf254083789f82c174fcb9e.jpg

934404565_Adventure1688balcony.jpg.bde1836469e10a08f09b48ff366e000d.jpg

61718059_BreakfastBalcony.jpg.e3c3d1c47c4752676eb62c0eb59dc476.jpg

Adv1688bal.jpg.6db5cd6e3626f40d74d1045f8b3ad897.jpg

1705435957_AdventureBalcony.jpg.3c7cdafcf2d57b0381db55364f1af293.jpgwatch out. Nice view and balcony is covered enough for rainy days and perfect for breakfast even on a damp morning since it is covered.

934404565_Adventure1688balcony.jpg.bde1836469e10a08f09b48ff366e000d.jpg

Those pictures make me want to sanitize things. If only he wasn't in his boxers. I think one of those easily found on google and when we had 1700 on Freedom I, a sanitizer-despiser, made DH wipe the whole thing down. Just in case.

Next year December we have 7688 booked. So excited. :) (I don't think there's a pole there, thank goodness. we are OVER having a pole in our room!)

No pole in 7688 (or 7388) :D These are the cabins with the largest balconies, but the cabin itself is pretty small (especially if you actually have 3 people) the "couch" is really love seat sized, and doesn't pull out, the third person is accommodated in the pull down bed overhead) The cabins on deck 10 have roomier rooms, but balcony is not as big.

I'd say if cabin size is important, then go with deck 10 corner D1 s, if a large and partially shady balcony is most important, go with deck 7 corners.

More pics of 7688 in my review (Adventure Southern Caribbean) linked in my signature below.

We (family of 4) have had 1388 on both the Adventure and Mariner. 1388 is the twin of 1688. You will not be disappointed. There is no noise from above and the balcony and cabin are huge. We liked having a shaded portion of the balcony. One other advantage is these two cabins are at the back edge of the ship...what I mean by that is the other aft cabins (JS, I think) which are towards the middle of the aft, have a gap between the balcony and superstructure of the ship. If you look at some online photos, this is a little clearer to understand. If you look over the balcony rail of 1388/1688, you are looking directly down at the ocean. For the cabins towards the center of the aft, that cannot be done due to the gap.

voyager-class.com has great photos

• 8 months later...
We loved the 7388 balcony - 7688 is the same on the port side.

Judy

Nav7388balcony.jpg

Can you tell me, where the pullman bed is in this cabin? I heard, that it will be right over our beds.......

Thanks,

Summer

• 3 weeks later...
Suite or not?

Non-suite, hands down, it's 1388 or 1688.

Those are Category D1.

Then 7688 or 7388.

Those are Category E1.

Royal Caribbean SOMETIMES (and it's hard to predict) does not allow two people to book those cabins, because they can hold 3 or 4.

super excited to read this as I have 1688 in December first Aft Cabin :D