M & M while we are in port? Is this normal?

rpita4

We are doing a 10 night Hawaiian cruise that includes 4 days at sea. They have just announced that our m&m is being held while we are at our first port. Is this normal? It seems odd to have a gathering while people are on the island! The other odd things is that we are at sea until noon that day and the m&m is at 3:30pm. No one is going to be there when we have Hilo to explore!

Have any of you ever had this happen? Is there anything we can do to get them to change it? Thanks for your help!

Aloha everyone!

On our Splendour transatlantic this year the M&M was originally set for the first sea day, second day of sailing. Then when we got to the port our intinerary changed so that we were going to be in port on the M&M day.We got new instructions when we got on ship changing the M&M to the first sea day, 3rd day on ship. I hope you can follow that. So to me , my answer would be that it is not normal :(

Hi everyone!

This thread was buried pretty quick over the weekend so I thought I would bump it up to see if anyone had any suggestions on whom and when we contact about this. The ship is the Radiance and sails Oct 5 but we leave for Hawaii Sept. 30. If there is something to be done, I need to do it soon.

Laura, have you had any luck?

Thanks to all of you for any ideas you may have!

Hey fellow cruisemates. Our first day, in Hilo and they want to have the party at 3:30, when we ARE ALL going to be ashore. None of us will be there, we all will be exploring in the short amount of time we have there. I vote for the first day at sea!!! (which is October 11th as our itinerary stands today). ;) ;)

Actually, you need as many in your group as you can convince, to send e-mail to xplora@rccl.com with your preferred date and time. With that, and Laura's help, we were able to get ours changed on Brilliance last year.

Ours was scheduled for 45 minutes before muster drill! :)

Thanks for the info... will send an email now indicating our M&M preference is Oct. 11 for the Radiance of the Seas, 10/5/05 sailing.

We got ours changed on the Legend in March. Follow the advice to write to xplora@rccl.com. Unfortunately we didn't get verification until we were already underway. We had the M&M on a sea day on the way back from Hawaii. It was later in the cruise, but we had almost a full turnout and all had a great time.

Archived