change inside cabin to outside??

ann141

We booked a select price inside cabin a few months ago for a cruise in February. The select price for an outside cabin is now on sale for the price we paid for our inside!

Is it possible to change to outside and if so are we likely to have to pay the £20 charge or the £100 cost of cruise transfer? (we will still be on the same cruise):)

We booked a select price inside in February and now the balcony cabins are not much more than we paid at the time for inside. I did ring P&O and ask how much it would be to transfer to a balcony and was told that I would have to pay the same price that it would have been in February (ie. £400pp dearer) so I am afraid there is no cheap way to take advantage of the reduction in prices :(

We are just going to have to sit tight and hope the Upgrade Fairy smiles kindly on us! :)

Thanks for all your prompt replies. You are probably booked on the same cruise as us Flapjack? (Canaries on Ventura?)

Might consider losing deposit and rebooking saver balcony which is now only £99 dearer each than we paid for our inside!!

Thanks for all your prompt replies. You are probably booked on the same cruise as us Flapjack? (Canaries on Ventura?)

Might consider losing deposit and rebooking saver balcony which is now only £99 dearer each than we paid for our inside!!

I was going to say that is probably the only way around it, cancel and rebook.

Work out the maths first though as you will obviously lose your deposit. However you may get increased OBS, to ease the pain.

We are going in October on Azura TA to Caribbean, ann.

I am not sure what Jason means by paying £100 to transfer being part of the select perks, I was told specifically by P&O that we had to pay the extra £400 to book a balcony that is now actually only £79 dearer than our original inside cabin price :( Should I ring them and ask again (sorry if I sound a bit thick, this is only our second cruise, not very experienced!) ?

We are going in October on Azura TA to Caribbean, ann.

I am not sure what Jason means by paying £100 to transfer being part of the select perks, I was told specifically by P&O that we had to pay the extra £400 to book a balcony that is now actually only £79 dearer than our original inside cabin price :( Should I ring them and ask again (sorry if I sound a bit thick, this is only our second cruise, not very experienced!) ?

You are inside final payment so will not apply now,

The transfer is actually transferring your deposit to a new booking for £100 you will lose all exciting benefits such as cabin, obc and dining time but will get all new benefits that apply to the new booking.

If you just ask for a balcony cabin then yes they look at the cost on the day you booked.

It's complicated cause they don't seem to tell people the cheapest way to do things just the most expensive way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The transfer is actually transferring your deposit to a new booking for £100 you will lose all exciting benefits such as cabin, obc and dining time but will get all new benefits that apply to the new booking.

If you just ask for a balcony cabin then yes they look at the cost on the day you booked.

It's complicated cause they don't seem to tell people the cheapest way to do things just the most expensive way.

And of course the cheapest fares are often in the period post final payments because that's when they know what they need to do to fill the ship. Once I've paid in full I stop looking [emoji58]

And of course the cheapest fares are often in the period post final payments because that's when they know what they need to do to fill the ship. Once I've paid in full I stop looking [emoji58]

You are cynical [emoji38] but correct

If the Select price has changed that much, it's worth asking about. I complained that the Select Price for our cruise had dropped by £500 pp. we were upgraded :-)

I have been watching our cruise with a great deal of interest. At the moment, the Select prices are back to around what we paid, but the saver fare changes on a daily basis. Yesterday, Balconies were sold out, today they are on sale again. It goes in two weeks!! It's a 21 day cruise and I think they are having great difficulty filling it.

Edited by jeanlyon

Thank you for taking the time to explain Jason, that seems much clearer to me.

We originally put down a £50pp deposit during a ship visit and that also entitled us to additional obc.

I think I might ring P&O and ask them what it would cost us to cancel and re-book in terms of £££ + obc and maybe weigh up the difference, it won't cost anything to ask!

I hope this has also been of help to the OP?

Regards

If the Select price has changed that much, it's worth asking about. I complained that the Select Price for our cruise had dropped by £500 pp. we were upgraded :-)

I have been watching our cruise with a great deal of interest. At the moment, the Select prices are back to around what we paid, but the saver fare changes on a daily basis. Yesterday, Balconies were sold out, today they are on sale again. It goes in two weeks!! It's a 21 day cruise and I think they are having great difficulty filling it.

Oh goodness Jean, now you have thrown a spanner in the works! Perhaps I should complain as well! :D

Thank you for taking the time to explain Jason, that seems much clearer to me.

We originally put down a £50pp deposit during a ship visit and that also entitled us to additional obc.

I think I might ring P&O and ask them what it would cost us to cancel and re-book in terms of £££ + obc and maybe weigh up the difference, it won't cost anything to ask!

I hope this has also been of help to the OP?

Regards

If you go back in October surly you've paid the balance by now?

Which will mean you will lose all your money if you cancel and rebook..!!

I emailed the Marketing Director saying how annoyed I was that they had reduced the Select Fare. I was upgraded straight away. It's worth asking.

Great result, my motto always ask you never know..[emoji106]

When I contacted P&o to complain about our cruises earlier this year ( they'd dropped by hundreds too) we were told to like it or lump it, in a convulated way. No upgrade for us.:(

Going again in a couple of weeks and that cruise has risen by £700 for a lower grade cabin ! Still feel lucky to have such lovely holidays :)

Thanks for all your replies! I agree with you Jeanlyon that i only get peeved when a select fare drops dramatically (I thought Saver Fares were the ones supposed to change with supply and demand). I emailed the p and o director and was just offered a bottle of wine (in the cabin as i will be celebrating a special birthday!)- no upgrade! But as you say i feel priveleged to be able to cruise and prices havent changed much for our cruise in September so thats something. However it means that in the future i wont book a select price as soon as the cruise is advertised- i will watch and wait !!:)