serenade of the seas

Has anyone done the canada new england serenade? We go on it sept 25. Also going on same ship mar 28. Any feedback?

This will be Serenade's first time doing the Canada/New England itinerary to Quebec and back. Serenade will be arriving in Port Liberty on September 15 after her TA. She will then begin her cruises up to Quebec.

We are on her Oct 19, 2015 Quebec to Ft Lauderdale sailing, 1st time on the Serenade, have been on the Brilliance once and the Radiance 4 times. Love the Radiance class will see how she compares to the Radiance, our favorite.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

We are leaving on SOS 8/30 on TA from Copenhagen to Newarlk and then staying on to Quebec City. Love the Serenade. Have sailed 4 times on her.

Wishing you calm seas and blue skies coming across. See you on the 15th.:D

Edited by cruisenfever

This will be Serenade's first time doing the Canada/New England itinerary to Quebec and back. Serenade will be arriving in Port Liberty on September 15 after her TA. She will then begin her cruises up to Quebec.

Just out of curiosity, were those itineraries new this year, or had they previously been done by another ship?

We are on her Oct 19, 2015 Quebec to Ft Lauderdale sailing, 1st time on the Serenade, have been on the Brilliance once and the Radiance 4 times. Love the Radiance class will see how she compares to the Radiance, our favorite.

We loved Serenade. She's the perfect size! But we love all the Radiance/Vision class ships and have no desire to cruise on the bigger ships - too big, too many people. We're on the Jewel next month and 30 days on Radiance next year! Really looking forward to Radiance since we've heard great things about her!

Anita, we had the wonderful experience of flying to Sydney, Australia last year for 3 cruises on the Radiance, a 13 day NZ, 9 days post stay in Sydney then the Transpacific and 12 day Hawaii back to Vancouver. Since we had first been on the Radiance in 2008 for the 15 day RT Hawaii it was a pleasure to return to her for our dream trip and was impressed on how beautiful she still was.

Just out of curiosity, were those itineraries new this year, or had they previously been done by another ship?

In 2012 Brilliance of the Seas did itineraries to Quebec and back with a R/T Quebec included and than Quebec back to Port Liberty. In fact, it was the year of Hurricane Sandy.

In October of 2014, Legend did an itinerary up to Quebec (sorry don't remember from which port) and then R/T Quebec before returning.

I don't remember Jewel every doing an itinerary that included Quebec.

In 2012 Brilliance of the Seas did itineraries to Quebec and back with a R/T Quebec included and than Quebec back to Port Liberty. In fact, it was the year of Hurricane Sandy.

In October of 2014, Legend did an itinerary up to Quebec (sorry don't remember from which port) and then R/T Quebec before returning.

I don't remember Jewel every doing an itinerary that included Quebec.

Doh you're right. I'm a space cadet today and thought she had but I must have been crossing her and Brilliance in my mind. Apologies to all for the bad info.

Thanks for the update. I am going on my 4th Radiance Class cruise this November. I have enjoyed my previous 3. I expect my 4th will be great as well.

I just can't see how you can realistically get a better all-in value for cruising. Of course, for what I am paying I am not expecting a 5 star experience. That is one of the things that people need to understand - value for money.

• 2 months later...

Hi there came back from serenade sept 25-oct7 quebec to new jersey. Found the ship older but quite pretty. easy to get around. Loved the entertainment, more for older crowd than kids. The main dining room food was good to ok , enjoyed the food more at the windjammer buffet. Staff was eager to please. Carly was a great cruise director as was the assistant. Bar Harbor is beautiful. Halifax very interesting, go see Peggy,s cove. Didn,t enjoy St.John as much but the Bay of Fundy is good. We,re taking this ship in march to southern caribbean so will be a bit different. All in all Canada new england cruises are a must do once. The Serenade fit us well. Very smooth sailing when we were there Hopefully more fall foliage in oct.