Question about bring wine

travelbug2225

I understand that you can bring 2 bottles of wine on broad. Can I put them in a check luggage or I have to carry on.

Just out of curiosity, how Princess know if you put 2 bottles of wine in check luggage and carry one or two with you on broad ? Since you and your luggage will not be together. Just wondering.

You will need to keep your wine with you in your carry on.

Wine and other alcohol will be confiscated if found in your checked luggage. They x-ray the bags. They will know who it belongs to based upon your luggage tags.

Thank you. I cruise with Princess 5 years ago I thought I check put wine in my checked luggage. I did not remember that I carried them on with me. Then I read on his broad couple months ago and someone said the wine need to be on the carry on, so I want to double check because I will leave in 3 days.

Thank you. I cruise with Princess 5 years ago I thought I check put wine in my checked luggage. I did not remember that I carried them on with me. Then I read on his broad couple months ago and someone said the wine need to be on the carry on, so I want to double check because I will leave in 3 days.

Princess has tightened the rules on bringing wine onboard over the last 5 years.

5 years ago you could slap a luggage tag on a case of wine and they would just deliver it to your stateroom. A lot of people did this sort of thing and posted here about it repeatedly. Possibly one of the reasons Princess is now enforcing their wine policy.

Edited by Thrak

I know some things have changed, but about 4 years ago, sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale, we were one "those people" and we checked a case of wine with our luggage. No problemo!

;)

Carry it on now....they will let you take one per person without a corkage fee. They have a table set up to inspect your bottles at check-in. I'm not sure if you bring on more than 2 bottles, if they charge the corkage fee right then and there?

Edited by suzyed

if you bring more then 2 bottles of wine on you pay corkege frees what happens if you bring lets say 6 bottles and only drink 4 of them do they return the fee?

Now that's funny right there. I really doubt Princess will refund the corkage fee. They will charge it to your account and I can't say with certainty but I don't really think they will be interested in issuing a refund for wine you don't drink. I would suggest you plan accordingly.

Like many others, I disagree with the "one size fits all" limit of one bottle per person. Why does a 28 day cruise have the same constraints as a 3 day cruise? Also, like everybody else, I am stuck with the silly limit because I want to sail on the ship and Princess controls the rules.