seville spain day tour from cadiz

wetravel4fun

My wife and I will be cruising on HAL ROTTERDAM beginning Dec 3-2015. We are looking to book a day excursion on Dec 15-2015 from Cadiz to Seville. Our problem is that we are only 2 and we found what looks like a great tour, but the requirement is for a minimum of 10. If anyone is interested here is the link for further information.

http://www.SpainDayTours.com

Hoping to be in touch with future travelers.

Eddie

My wife and I will be cruising on HAL ROTTERDAM beginning Dec 3-2015. We are looking to book a day excursion on Dec 15-2015 from Cadiz to Seville. Our problem is that we are only 2 and we found what looks like a great tour, but the requirement is for a minimum of 10. If anyone is interested here is the link for further information.

Eddie

Put this on the cruise roll call page and I am sure you will have many interested in this tour.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Take a look at the top of this page: there is "Roll Call Tool" -- follow that.

I hope you have time to see Cadiz! One of our fav ports on the Med cruises! Lovely, small, walkable with a great sea wall walk, a lovely church and a couple of small museums.

Hope you find some helpful info and have a great cruise!!

I do not understand how to place my question on the roll call. I am sorry, but this site is new to me and I don't find it very user friendly. I hope someone can assist me into getting into the roll call so I can post anew thread

Welcome to Cruise Critic :)

I believe I have found your roll call.

Just click this link and it should take you there - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2195826

hope this helps!

Thanks, Kazu, for posting the link. I REALLY should learn how to do this........

easy, find the roll call and click on the link at the top of the page where the http:boards.cruisecritc etc. shows and copy and paste. hopefully that makes sense?

edited to say, I can only do it on my lap top - haven't figured out how to do it on my ipad, sadly.

Edited by kazu

easy, find the roll call and click on the link at the top of the page where the http:boards.cruisecritc etc. shows and copy and paste. hopefully that makes sense?

edited to say, I can only do it on my lap top - haven't figured out how to do it on my ipad, sadly.

Thanks, Kazu.

How is your Tahiti cruise planning coming along? I see you are going on Oceania: really like to hear about that one, too!!!

Edited by SilvertoGold

Thanks, Kazu.

How is your Tahiti cruise planning coming along? I see you are going on Oceania: really like to hear about that one, too!!!

You are very welcome.

I don't want to cause thread drift, but to answer, Tahiti, Marquesas and Hawaii planning is coming along VERY well. I just got a suite deal on our hotel in Vancouver.

Oceania is all done pretty much as far as planning goes. Just the specialty restaurants to book - have to wait until Sept. 4th. All the hotels in Bilbao, Madrid & Barcelona are done after some agonizing.

I will do a live thread on the O cruise I think and I will give the link here.

I don't have the techie to do a blog and I don't know if I will have time between now and then to figure that stuff out. so, it will be a live thread. Provided the O board will put up with me. I'd like to include some of the land stuff but I don't know if that will be appropriate, but it would be helpful to some as Bilbao is a port of call on some cruises.

I am like a fish out of water on O, but we have a great roll call, I have some CC members that have been very kind and helpful to me in emails and pm's and the O board is full of knowledge and help. You just need to read and post here and there. We're looking forward to a huge adventure on land and sea. We are trying everything on O from la Reserve to Privee to Culinary Classes and you just KNOW what HAl ship I will be comparing it to unconsciously don't you? ;)

Thanks for asking and apologies for the thread drift.

You are very welcome.

I don't want to cause thread drift, but to answer, Tahiti, Marquesas and Hawaii planning is coming along VERY well. I just got a suite deal on our hotel in Vancouver.

Oceania is all done pretty much as far as planning goes. Just the specialty restaurants to book - have to wait until Sept. 4th. All the hotels in Bilbao, Madrid & Barcelona are done after some agonizing.

I will do a live thread on the O cruise I think and I will give the link here.

I don't have the techie to do a blog and I don't know if I will have time between now and then to figure that stuff out. so, it will be a live thread. Provided the O board will put up with me. I'd like to include some of the land stuff but I don't know if that will be appropriate, but it would be helpful to some as Bilbao is a port of call on some cruises.

I am like a fish out of water on O, but we have a great roll call, I have some CC members that have been very kind and helpful to me in emails and pm's and the O board is full of knowledge and help. You just need to read and post here and there. We're looking forward to a huge adventure on land and sea. We are trying everything on O from la Reserve to Privee to Culinary Classes and you just KNOW what HAl ship I will be comparing it to unconsciously don't you? ;)

Thanks for asking and apologies for the thread drift.

Sounds like a great trip.

So many HAL'ers were kind about my writing regarding my recent NCL cruise here on the HAL forum, why don't you post on the "O" board, if that is your wish and then copy and paste it over here. I suspect many would be interested in the comparison or just your comments in general.

Sounds like a great trip.

So many HAL'ers were kind about my writing regarding my recent NCL cruise here on the HAL forum, why don't you post on the "O" board, if that is your wish and then copy and paste it over here. I suspect many would be interested in the comparison or just your comments in general.

You mean the live thread here? I can do that but I didn't think it would be appropriate to post a live thread on the HAL board when I am on Oceania???:confused::confused: I'd be happy to as obviously my comfort is here but I thought that the live thread should be on the O board????

I have a feeling it would be better received here - LOL.

uggher, I just cause more thread drift. sorry :o

Maybe I should do a thread on protocol. LOL

My wife and I were in Cadiz two years ago on the Ryndam. Took the Spain Day Tours to Seville.

We just signed up as a couple and got on as there were more from the Ryndam who signed up as well. You don't have to form the group; they (Spain Day Tours) will put the group together. I'm sure with the Rotterdam's greater capacity, they will not have a problem getting the minimum for the tour! Enjoy!

My wife and I were in Cadiz two years ago on the Ryndam. Took the Spain Day Tours to Seville.

We just signed up as a couple and got on as there were more from the Ryndam who signed up as well. You don't have to form the group; they (Spain Day Tours) will put the group together. I'm sure with the Rotterdam's greater capacity, they will not have a problem getting the minimum for the tour! Enjoy!

I don't think anyone would object to your comments being posted here. Why should they? You certainly are an active HAL/CC poster. Lots of people here were so kind to say to me they enjoyed reading my NCL thread.

You mean the live thread here? I can do that but I didn't think it would be appropriate to post a live thread on the HAL board when I am on Oceania???:confused::confused: I'd be happy to as obviously my comfort is here but I thought that the live thread should be on the O board????

I have a feeling it would be better received here - LOL.

uggher, I just cause more thread drift. sorry :o

Maybe I should do a thread on protocol. LOL

I can't wait to hear what you think of O. We loved it and decided never to return to HAL. Their solo rates are awful so here I am, returning to HAL next summer on the VOV. Soooo looking forward to it!

Kazu

Loved reading about your prep work. Certainly, you are on top of things.

If you post a link here to the Oceania thread you will do, that would be great!!!!

I am going to write down the date so I will be sure to watch for it. I know people on this HAL board are very interested in the comparison between Oceania and HAL.

Kazu

Loved reading about your prep work. Certainly, you are on top of things.

If you post a link here to the Oceania thread you will do, that would be great!!!!

I am going to write down the date so I will be sure to watch for it. I know people on this HAL board are very interested in the comparison between Oceania and HAL.

my spread sheets for our roll calls are in my signature so you can always take a "sneak peak" LOL.

There are several HAL cruisers who are newbies like me on this one, so I hope I can get them and others to join in with their impressions.

I will be doing setting it up early as we leave here on November 8th or I may do it in the hotel room in T.O. Anyways, it will be around that time.

thanks for the encouragement. It's very kind of you.

I can't wait to hear what you think of O. We loved it and decided never to return to HAL. Their solo rates are awful so here I am, returning to HAL next summer on the VOV. Soooo looking forward to it!

thanks We are looking forward to our adventure but fair warning, I have NO intentions of cancelling my Westerdam cruise next year. We have too great of a roll call and it's too good of an adventure to ignore. We had a great time on the Westerdam last year and I suspect we will again. So, full steam ahead on both :) Variety is the spice of life ;)

Eyes will be wide open on O and yes, we are trying everything (

We did the day trip from Cadiz to Seville on our own, since the ship comes in close to the train station. However, it can be dark, since you have to get an early train out of Seville. Then it several long blocks from the Seville train station to the heart of the Old Quarter of Seville.

But we had time to walk around, have a nice lunch and get back to enjoy walking around Cadiz too before the ship left. Doable but you have to have a good comfort level with DIY options - easy to get the train ticket in Seville on the fast Las Aves trains - premium cost.

If this looks like something you want to do on your own after all instead of finding a tour, the best thing is to coordinate your arrival time with the Fast Trains to Seville on the Spanish railway website to see if your timing can even work.

Then do a good satellite view to map out your walk to the Cadiz train station from the ship and from the Seville train station to the Old Quarter, though you could also take a cab from there. Don't think we saw any cabs early in the morning in Cadiz by the port - can't remember what time of the year it was but it was late enough in the year that the morning arrival was quite dark.

Edited by OlsSalt

Eddie

We did this tour with Spain Day Tours this past May. It was a wonderful excursion. As someone else mentioned, we also signed up directly with the tour company and they put the bus together. There were plenty of people going from the ship so it was not problem. I would email back to them and verify that they will put it together. Also tell them that you'll post the info on the roll call for them and then people from the roll call can reference that specific tour when they sign up. We used Spain Day tours in multiple cities and they've always done a good job.

Helen

On Maasdam last year, the ship ran a tour. We only did the bus portion, went to Church (it was a Sunday) at the magnificent cathedral and then took the HOHO bus. The bus stopped somewhere for twenty minutes, so we went into a cafe for "chocolat y churros".

By all means go to Seville