Bicycle rentals in Key West?

amberdc87

One of our ports in November is Key West. We are thinking about renting some bicycles to do some sightseeing. It seems like the best bet to do this, instead of walking. We will have an older person in our group, plus 2 toddlers. So walking long distances could get pretty agonizing for them...and me lol. I would appreciate any feedback of companies you have used to rent bicycles. Thank you!:D

One of our ports in November is Key West. We are thinking about renting some bicycles to do some sightseeing. It seems like the best bet to do this, instead of walking. We will have an older person in our group, plus 2 toddlers. So walking long distances could get pretty agonizing for them...and me lol. I would appreciate any feedback of companies you have used to rent bicycles. Thank you!:D

Eaton bikes will deliver bikes to you ---> https://www.eatonbikes.com/

An easy spot to ask for is in front of the Customs House, the big, red-brick building just off the docks. You might even consider tandem bikes or even one with a small trailer.

Pjk

Old Town Key West is very busy and the streets can be crowded with bikes, scooters, people, cars and roosters!

Be careful biking with toddlers. If your not experienced on bikes, it might be better to look at an electric car or the trolleys.

We would definitely have a trailer for the kids to ride in. They are not experienced enough with bikes. I was looking at electric cars, but I was under the impression they have to have car seats for my kids. I really didn't want to tote car seats for 2.

I was looking at the trolley, but I would like to be able to stop where I want to and spend as much time there as possible. I don't want to be rushed. I was under the impression, there is a time table for the trolley's; as in there is only a certain amount of time allotted to see each stop location.

We would definitely have a trailer for the kids to ride in. They are not experienced enough with bikes. I was looking at electric cars, but I was under the impression they have to have car seats for my kids. I really didn't want to tote car seats for 2.

I was looking at the trolley, but I would like to be able to stop where I want to and spend as much time there as possible. I don't want to be rushed. I was under the impression, there is a time table for the trolley's; as in there is only a certain amount of time allotted to see each stop location.

The trolleys run in a loop, so you can spend as much time as you like at any stop before getting on the next one that passes by. There is no time limit per stop.

I'm not sure, but some electric car companies may rent car seats. If you google them, you can call and check. Many people ride bikes here, but I just wanted you to know that our streets have very few bike lanes and can be busy. Try to stay off Truman and Eaton Street, which are busy narrow streets with no bike lanes. Just be alert and I'm sure you will be fine.