LIVE from OASIS (Sept. 5, 2015) - Pics, Periscope & Prospectus

Hi Carla,

We are currently on the Oasis this week so I snapped a pic of the room service menu for you.

As for the question regarding the deck behind the teen area on deck 15, there is the area for table tennis and putt putt area and basketball courts. Hope that answers your question.

image.jpg.a58f92a197571cd5abe1c1ddc9eca6ec.jpg

• 1 month later...
Alright, it’s time to end this deplorable thread with some random nonsense.

- Next time we go to St. Maarten we are 1000% going back to Holland House.

Tim, first of all a belated thank you for both this thread and the scopes, I enjoyed both immensely.

Second, some specific questions about Holland House, which, based on your clear recommendation above, I intend to visit next cruise in lieu of our usual trip to Orient Beach.

Any particular tips or suggestions for doing a Holland House visit off the Oasis? Which water taxi stop? Turn right off the water taxi to get to HH? Eat beach or patio? Any particular "must order" items? And do they take USD? (I Know, that last was a silly question, but I'd rather pay cash than using my CC in the Caribbean)

Appreciate any guidance you can share, and thanks again and in advance!

BobJ

Tim, I am also late to this thread but enjoyed the review

I have a couple of questions...I was on Allure a couple of years ago, and I know they are sister ships...I am not sure but I thought there was a small indoor theatre which played current movies--maybe near the ice rink...am I not recalling correctly? also, I thought there was a donut shop in the Boardwalk area across from the hot dog place...is that still there?

Tim, first of all a belated thank you for both this thread and the scopes, I enjoyed both immensely.

Second, some specific questions about Holland House, which, based on your clear recommendation above, I intend to visit next cruise in lieu of our usual trip to Orient Beach.

Any particular tips or suggestions for doing a Holland House visit off the Oasis? Which water taxi stop? Turn right off the water taxi to get to HH? Eat beach or patio? Any particular "must order" items? And do they take USD? (I Know, that last was a silly question, but I'd rather pay cash than using my CC in the Caribbean)

Appreciate any guidance you can share, and thanks again and in advance!

BobJ

Thanks!

Just take the water taxi to the main downtown pier. Turn right on the wide concrete path along the beach and Holland House is about 150 yards away.

We enjoyed eating at the open-air restaurant there. You can eat on the beach however we wanted a break from the scorching hot sun. I enjoyed the burger that I took a picture of in this review. I believe you can use cash but I think I used a credit card.

The waverunner rental place was right there on the left. I'm looking forward to going back, it's a great place.

Tim, I am also late to this thread but enjoyed the review

I have a couple of questions...I was on Allure a couple of years ago, and I know they are sister ships...I am not sure but I thought there was a small indoor theatre which played current movies--maybe near the ice rink...am I not recalling correctly? also, I thought there was a donut shop in the Boardwalk area across from the hot dog place...is that still there?

Thank you!

There is no movie theater (at least none that I know of). If there is I never saw it. They do show some movies on the two screens at the Aqua Theater.

I think the doughnuts are there but I am not positive. We never ate there or the hot dog house. Hopefully someone else can answer that.

• 1 month later...
Just found this and loved it.

Just FYI, next time add 800 mg of Niacin to your recovery IV fluids. It's a huge help.

WELCOME to the Sailor Jack, John Galt club of the truly demented.:D

Ha, thank you sir. Hopefully there is a JohnGaltny trip review coming up soon.

• 3 months later...