JOURNEY CRUISERS: Who's going, and who will write reviews?

INCHARGE

All I could think about when I would read about someone getting a free cruise was a Journeys cruise! Heck, when I found out they could take the long cruises as that free cruise, that would have been a done deal if it were me. Unfortunately it was not me, but if I ever get a free one, you best believe it will be a Journey cruise. What a great deal that is. How great is that? :D

We'll be on the Nov 28, 2015 11 day Journeys cruise on Sunshine out of Port Canaveral. We also got the cruise free from Carnival. In this case, all of the free cruises we got to choose from were Journey cruises.

When we received the offer in the mail, we were sure it was some kind of scam or something like that. Once we figured out it was a legitimate offer, we were floored. We had heard of others getting these free cruise offers from time to time, but always figured they would be for shorter cruises. A "free" 11 day cruise? Really? Sign me up!!

So now, we are sailing to eight ports in the Caribbean, only one of which we have been to before. SWEET!

Will be on the Triumph - san juan to galveston - Nov 4th!!! May have to take some good notes :D

OK, Froufie. You'll have to jump on that review writing as soon as you get home because I'll want to read every word before I leave on mine at the end of November. :D

I am on the 14 day Pride cruise in March 2016. It goes to 7 new islands for us, so we are super excited! Our longest cruise to date has been 8 days, so we are excited to see how we like the longer ones. I will be doing a review, with photos, when we return.

We'll be on the Nov 28, 2015 11 day Journeys cruise on Sunshine out of Port Canaveral. We also got the cruise free from Carnival. In this case, all of the free cruises we got to choose from were Journey cruises.

When we received the offer in the mail, we were sure it was some kind of scam or something like that. Once we figured out it was a legitimate offer, we were floored. We had heard of others getting these free cruise offers from time to time, but always figured they would be for shorter cruises. A "free" 11 day cruise? Really? Sign me up!!

So now, we are sailing to eight ports in the Caribbean, only one of which we have been to before. SWEET!

I hear ya as I place the flyer on the counter and ignored it for a few days until I received a call from a carnival PVP and it made me relook at the flyer and I ended up calling carnival to confirm and BAM it was legit! Jumped on it at that moment!

11/28/2015 Port Canaveral (Orlando), FL ---- 4:00 PM

11/29/2015 Fun Day At Sea ---- ----

11/30/2015 Grand Turk 9:00 AM 5:00 PM

12/1/2015 Fun Day At Sea ---- ----

12/2/2015 St. Thomas, USVI 9:00 AM 6:00 PM

12/3/2015 Tortola, 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

12/4/2015 St Kitts, 9:00 AM 6:00 PM

12/5/2015 Dominica 9:00 AM 6:00 PM

12/6/2015 St. Lucia, WI 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

12/7/2015 Antigua 9:00 AM 5:00 PM

12/8/2015 St. Croix 9:00 AM 6:00 PM

12/9/2015 San Juan, PR. 7:00 AM ----

I'm wondering how they are going to squeeze in the 80s night, and all of the special things that are planned. It's going to be so much fun! I'm not going to do too much at the ports that I've gone to multiple times.

Edited by INCHARGE

11/28/2015 Port Canaveral (Orlando), FL ---- 4:00 PM

11/29/2015 Fun Day At Sea ---- ----

11/30/2015 Grand Turk 9:00 AM 5:00 PM

12/1/2015 Fun Day At Sea ---- ----

12/2/2015 St. Thomas, USVI 9:00 AM 6:00 PM

12/3/2015 Tortola, 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

12/4/2015 St Kitts, 9:00 AM 6:00 PM

12/5/2015 Dominica 9:00 AM 6:00 PM

12/6/2015 St. Lucia, WI 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

12/7/2015 Antigua 9:00 AM 5:00 PM

12/8/2015 St. Croix 9:00 AM 6:00 PM

12/9/2015 San Juan, PR. 7:00 AM ----

I'm wondering how they are going to squeeze in the 80s night, and all of the special things that are planned. It's going to be so much fun! I'm not going to do too much at the ports that I've gone to multiple times.

I will be right there with you. We are not doing a whole lot at the ports either. The name of our game is to relax. We have only gone for 5 days max before, so 11 is going to be wonderful.

I can't wait for reviews for the Dream journey cruises. We are doing the Jan 14 out of San Juan and ending in New Orleans. Never been on Dream and first time for cove balcony. :)

WELCOME ABOARD!!!

We are on the same cruise, looking forward to meeting all the Cruise Critic members!

We are going on the Miracle in November 2016 for a 15 day Hawaii, preceded by a 6 day Mexico for a total of 21 days on our B2B.

We're also on this cruise. You should join our roll call.

We are also on the 1/31/16 Mex Riviera Journey cruise. Signed up for both of these cruises before the announcement was made about the Journey cruises.

What sailing is the first Journey's cruise? We'll definitely need a review from that sailing with all the details! :)

The first Journeys cruise is the 11-day from New Orleans to San Juan on the Dream on October 4. John Heald will be on that one (and its return to NO), so it's sure to be well documented.

Edited by Honolulu Blue

I believe our Hawaii cruise in January is a Journeys cruise. I'll post a review because reviews have become my new favorite hobby. :p

I will also be on this one as well! Will be looking forward to reading the reviews about our cruise.

I will be right there with you. We are not doing a whole lot at the ports either. The name of our game is to relax. We have only gone for 5 days max before, so 11 is going to be wonderful.

See, the whole reason I booked the 11/28 Sunshine is for the wonderful itinerary. If I just wanted a bunch of sea days, I'd book a transatlantic.

I love the sailings with unique itineraries. That's why I've done the past two November San Juan to Miami cruises.

Even though I've been to all but Tortola, I plan on doing something in each port, even if it's just get off the ship and wander around in GT & St T. But I have 'real' excursions planned in three, will definitely do something in Tortola, have a beach day in Antigua, and a day in St Croix with a local friend of my cabin-mate.

For me, the very main reason to cruise is to see the ports. Everything else is just extra good stuff!