Passport Stamps

cruisingtrucker

Hi All

I like to get my passport stamped everywhere I go (sort of a free souvenir marking where I was on what date) and have found some posts from other people who do the same, BUT I noticed there was no one post that gave the locations of several places at ports of call where you can get your passport stamped. Below are the ones I know:

St. George, Cayman Islands: Just as you come off the dock there is a customs building to your right. They have rather cute passport stamp featuring a pirate turtle complete with an eye patch and peg-leg.

Falmouth, Jamaica: There is a customs house at the end of the dock. I was told they will not stamp your passport unless you are staying overnight. FAIL!

Nassau, Bahamas: When you reach the area at the end (island side) of the dock, you will notice a small building with a gate beside it guarded by 1 or 2 soldiers. Just go up to them and say you want a passport stamp. They will direct you inside the building they are securing to the passport control office. The smiling lady inside there is more than happy to accommodate you.

Any US Port of Entry: US Customs usually doesn't stamp US passports but will do so if you ask for it, at any customs port.

DOES ANYONE ELSE KNOW ANY OTHERS?! Especially St. Kitts and St. Maarten (Dutch side)/Saint Martin (French side). I am going this fall!

Hi All

DOES ANYONE ELSE KNOW ANY OTHERS?! Especially St. Kitts and St. Maarten (Dutch side)/Saint Martin (French side). I am going this fall!

For St. Maarten/Martin I believe the post offices in Phillipsburg and Marigot will stamp your passport - although it can involve a fair wait as the post offices there do a lot more than just sell stamps and handle mail. There are better souvenirs - particularly if you travel a fair amount and have essential visas affixed - you can run out of space in your passport before it's ten year life is up - and have to get additional pages.

For my previous passport there were no stamps in it. On my present one the only one is an entry stamp in San Francisco, after going through the Panama Canal; but that included stops in Aruba, Cartagena, Costa Rica plus Mexico.

I did not even get my passport stamped at the Vancouver airport to come home after my Princess cruise. That was my first international flight so I wanted one. (Somehow that did not cause problems during the layover in Minneapolis.)

Because passports are required to take cruises, I would never carry mine in the ports and risk losing it just to get a stamp. However I do like to stamp the date on a "passport" from the National Park Service and wish I knew to bring it with me to Alaska.

One item to remember. Do not put any non-official entry/exit stamps into your passport. As an official document, there are several countries that view tourist stamping to be a form of mutilation, thus rendering the passport invalid.

If you want to collect "stamps", I highly recommend just getting a Moleskine style book and collect stamps to your hearts content. It would also give you the opportunity to make any notes or references by the stamp, thus creating a mini-scrapbook.