dirty clothes

m-mello

Everything goes into the dryer. I don't usually use a dryer for my tops. So if necessary on a long cruise or B2B I do a load in their laundromat and dry my tops on hangers. Bad experience led me to this. They shrunk several tops. It was my fault for letting them do the wash. Decide accordingly. I don't recall the price for their laundry. Laundromat was $2 per load I think. I haven't done any in a couple years. I always take a zip lock bag with enough detergent for 2 loads. it makes the luggage smell better if I bring dirty clothes home.

Edited by Boozebabe

If you do the self laundry, you can do a whole load for seven dollars. Wash and dry. If you Bring your own soap. I too had a nasty experience with the ship doing the laundry, everything came back very faded. And I paid $15 for about a third of a load. So now I just bring a little baggie of dry laundry detergent from home, and do it myself on the sea day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a general question. We are going on our first B2B in Nov. 2016. We will need to wash clothes. What does it cost to have Carnival wash your clothes for you? Any problems? Do you let them also do your "unmentionables"?

I have done both ways, Carnival washing and myself washing. If your B2B is on the same ship, my suggestion would be to wash the first day of the second leg and you can use all the washers and dryers all at once. No one else will be using them, as they will be leaving the ship. I think each load was $2 to wash and $2 to dry. I bring my own laundry detergent and dryer sheets. Carnival charges a price per bag ($12, I think). Once they wrote our cabin number in black marker on my husband's underwear :/ I am Platinum and they do one bag for free, so don't know exactly how much they charge.

Hope you have a wonderful trip!

Lu

On our last B2B on The Breeze, we decided to take advantage of turn over day and do our laundry. We got all our laundry into the washers and tried to use our old sail and sign cards...no go. So we tried our new sail and sign...no go.

We went to guest services and we were told that the computers are shut down between cruises for about 2 hours and we couldn't use the machines at that time.

I don't think you would have this problem if you were on a ship that still uses coins to run the machines as opposed to the sail and sign.

I copied this from another post. I hope it is correct. :)

Name: Launderettes / Ironing Rooms

Locations - Launderettes

Deck 2 - midship / across from 2375

Deck 7 - midship / across from 7347

Deck 10 - forward / across from 10264

Locations – Ironing Rooms

Deck 1 – aft / across from 1423

Deck 6 – midship / across from 6360

Deck 8 – midship / across from 8395

Deck 9 – midship / across from 9403

Hours: hours posted on the door to the Laundry

Function: Self-Service Launderette / Ironing Room

2 or 3 washers

2 or 3 dryers

1 iron and ironing board

Vending machines dispense small boxes of detergent and water softener

Ironing Room: 2 ironing boards/irons

I haven't done much laundry since reaching Platinum but when I did I took the "all in one" detergent/dryer sheet stuff. Once drying, I'd check the dryer frequently and pull out clothes as they dried to help dry the heavier items faster. We are doing a 14 day Journey trip in 2017 and although I'll use my Platinum wash benefit I'm going to take some detergent with me for clothes I want to baby.

I've done laundry on the ship at the launderettes, it is 3.00 for washer and 3.00 for dryer. The machines took quarters when I did it, and I went to guest services to get the change. I brought my own Tide pack for one load, and did it that way.

Now that we are platinum, I do send some things for the free laundry. But I still wont send anything that I am afraid will shrink or fade. I mostly send our workout clothes, etc.

Hate doing laundry but on those longer cruises there are not many options. Most of hubby's stuff can go to the laundry but nicer stuff no way. I take tide pods in a zip lock and depending on the ship you either use coins or your sail and sign. As recently as June 2015 the cost was $3.00 Wash and the same to dry. I too pull out lighter weight items from the dryer or just hanger dry them.

I was pretty leery of Carnival's wash and fold service so when we became Platinum, DH was the guinea pig and I have to say I was pretty impressed. We generally send out DH's clothing especially if he gets a stain on something and our son's and everything has come back perfectly fine. I occasionally will do so and so far no issues.

I am Platinum and they do one bag for free, so don't know exactly how much they charge.

I'll be Plat. on my next cruise. Actually Plat. the Carnival website lists shows 2 laundry bags are free for 3-6 day cruises and 3 bags for 7-12 day cruises. I plan on using this benefit.:cool:

When on a B2B don't use the washer until after the water pressure is back to normal. Black stains on some cloths.:eek:

I send out Larrys PJ & Tighty whities. None of my stuff, they just throw all of it in with everyone else's uck :eek:

I wash the afternoon on turn around day. $ 6.00 for both.

We are Diamond so it is unlimited, I send a bag every other day.

Char

We're platinum so we get some free laundry but don't use it much. Things don't come back soft. I have used the laundromat and had some fun conversations with others there.

On a Xmas cruise with my daughter and granddaughter, we had to do some quick hand washing for the kiddo. No laundry detergent so I whipped out my shampoo and told my daughter it was "Tide" of the sea! Found out that conditioner works well as a fabric softener, too.

We're platinum so we get some free laundry but don't use it much. Things don't come back soft. I have used the laundromat and had some fun conversations with others there.

On a Xmas cruise with my daughter and granddaughter, we had to do some quick hand washing for the kiddo. No laundry detergent so I whipped out my shampoo and told my daughter it was "Tide" of the sea! Found out that conditioner works well as a fabric softener, too.