Is the birthday cake good?

Yes, the cake is very good. I have ordered the white cake/white icing twice for DH birthday. Each time we had it delivered to the dining room and shared with our tablemates [6 + us]. We had enough to bring a couple pieces back to the cabin last time. It had a clear plastic snap top to keep it fresh. It cost about what I would pay for a bakery cake at home. I think it tases better than the MDR cakes. YMMV

We'll be celebrating on our upcoming cruise and I was wondering if the cake was worth it. Is it significantly better than the free desserts?

Our experience is very different than the previous poster. I found the cake you can buy for celebrations to be very mediocre and not worth the extra cost. Unless cake means a great deal to the celebration person, I would skip it and pick a nice dessert off the menu. :)

Our experience is very different than the previous poster. I found the cake you can buy for celebrations to be very mediocre and not worth the extra cost. Unless cake means a great deal to the celebration person, I would skip it and pick a nice dessert off the menu. :)

This was also my experience. I was disappointed with the cake and from now on will just order a dessert from the menu to celebrate.

I got one for DW last year for her birthday and it was QUITE good. Better than the complementary MDR desserts? Depends on the type of dessert you like. I only want cake once in awhile but could eat key lime pie or bread pudding just about any day of the week, so naturally I'd rank it below those, but DW (and our tablemates who also joined in) thought it was excellent.

I guess I am just old fashioned... my grandmother always baked a cake for her special guests and celebrations....We ordered the chocolate cake for parents 50th anniversary ...It was delicious!!! Ordered birthday cake another time... Wonderful..I love RCI celebration cakes and they make a party even more special. Delicious

Edited by JohnSnowGOT

We ordered 2 Chocolate Cakes for my Dads birthday. My mom doesn't really care for chocolate but she had a piece and she fell in love. She insisted on ordering a vanilla a few days later!!

We had a party of 13 and everyone enjoyed it!

We ordered a birthday cake from our waiter the night before we wanted it for our granddaughters birthday. It was chocolate with strawberries and happy birthday with her name on it. It was delicious and very moist. Everyone at he table enjoyed it and commented how good it was. this was on Navigator in August and the cost was less than $15.

We ordered a vanilla cake on Freedom in June. It was *VERY* good. We all thought it was. Very moist and very good icing. For $16 (or $16.95) it was a very good purchase that brought smiles to my daughter's face (and our waitress when we offered her a piece!)

Edited by mad-dog74